Last thing you Watched/Read.

For non-sports-related posts. Because we really can't stand talking about sports!
Lewis

Re: Last thing you watched.

Post by Lewis »

EastEnders.
Earl

Post by Earl »

The Smoking Gun Presents: World's Dumbest Criminals
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
greencom

Post by greencom »

Polite24 wrote:Tons of people in the Mitten state do.
Yeah, tons of idiots that need lives.
Greencom
greencom

Post by greencom »

Fat Man wrote:I'm watching The National Geographic Channel.

Naked Science : "Hubble s Amazing Universe" A look at the far reaches of the universe through the Hubble Space Telescope.

Next I shall be watching, Known Universe : "The Most Explosive" Deconstructing the biggest explosions in the universe, including asteroid impacts, supernovas and the big bang.

Somehow, I find it far more exiting than Impolite 99 watching NHL Hockey!
Hi Fatman,
I saw that too, it was awe inspiring, thank God there is still programming for people with enough intellect to appreciate such things. Intelligence is fading away in this country as is evident by the popularity of watching monkeys playing with balls on a field.
Greencom
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

greencom wrote:
Fat Man wrote:I'm watching The National Geographic Channel.

Naked Science : "Hubble s Amazing Universe" A look at the far reaches of the universe through the Hubble Space Telescope.

Next I shall be watching, Known Universe : "The Most Explosive" Deconstructing the biggest explosions in the universe, including asteroid impacts, supernovas and the big bang.

Somehow, I find it far more exiting than Impolite 99 watching NHL Hockey!
Hi Fatman,
I saw that too, it was awe inspiring, thank God there is still programming for people with enough intellect to appreciate such things. Intelligence is fading away in this country as is evident by the popularity of watching monkeys playing with balls on a field.
Greencom
I'm now watching on the National Geographic Channel, Naked Science : "Deadliest Planets" A look at Earth's planetary neighbors and the possibility that humans may one day be able to inhabit them.

Polite24 is probably watching sports as usual, or watching paint dry.

Not much difference between the two.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Lewis

Post by Lewis »

Ashes to Ashes.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Right now, I'm watching The History Channel.

The Link.

Examining a scientific discovery that could possibly solve the mystery of a missing link in human evolution.

They have found a whole complete skeleton of a primate. The fossil is about 47 million years old, and it could very well be the missing link between humans and primitive primates.

I will have more to say about it later after I have finished watching the 2 hour program.
Last edited by Fat Man on Sat May 30, 2009 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Earl

Post by Earl »

Millhouse wrote:I have to wonder sometimes if we as human beings are not degenerating as a society. I'm tired of these types of 'social standards' that dictate whether or not a person can win or lose based on appearance, and not based at all on talent. Even at the show, the audience assumed she was going to just flop because of the way she looked, and I find that completely disgusting, how much we've been conditioned by the very same mainstream media that says sports should be popular to think that people are going to be horrible people just because of their appearance.
Please excuse me for sharing a thought in an earlier post of mine. Years ago I was browsing through a book on World War II when I came across a picture of really good-looking young men who had assembled in military array. They were not in uniform and weren't even wearing any shirts. All of these young men had well-develped physiques and looked like they were members of health clubs. So you may be asking yourself who they were. They were officers in the Nazi SS, the elite killers who were in charge of carrying out "the final solution to the Jewish problem," as well as exterminating Gypsies, Freemasons, homosexuals, and other groups of unwanted people. Don't get me wrong. I'm certainly not knocking having a great physique. I'm a member of a health club myself and have been working on a bodybuilding program. I'm just concurring with you that appearance isn't everything.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Earl wrote:
Millhouse wrote:I have to wonder sometimes if we as human beings are not degenerating as a society. I'm tired of these types of 'social standards' that dictate whether or not a person can win or lose based on appearance, and not based at all on talent. Even at the show, the audience assumed she was going to just flop because of the way she looked, and I find that completely disgusting, how much we've been conditioned by the very same mainstream media that says sports should be popular to think that people are going to be horrible people just because of their appearance.
Please excuse me for sharing a thought in an earlier post of mine. Years ago I was browsing through a book on World War II when I came across a picture of really good-looking young men who had assembled in military array. They were not in uniform and weren't even wearing any shirts. All of these young men had well-develped physiques and looked like they were members of health clubs. So you may be asking yourself who they were. They were officers in the Nazi SS, the elite killers who were in charge of carrying out "the final solution to the Jewish problem," as well as exterminating Gypsies, Freemasons, homosexuals, and other groups of unwanted people. Don't get me wrong. I'm certainly not knocking having a great physique. I'm a member of a health club myself and have been working on a bodybuilding program. I'm just concurring with you that appearance isn't everything.
Well, that is exactly what I was talking about earlier in this topic, about how Me Me Roth, the self appointed Anti-Obesity Crusader had said that Jordin Sparks did not deserve to win the singing contest on American Idol because she was overweight.

As a society, we have become very shallow because we tend to judge people by their outward physical appearance.

But to me, there is nothing wrong with Jordin Sparks. She looks just fine. She won the contest because of her singing talent.

I would not care if she weighed 500 pounds. I would have judged her according to how well she sang, because it was a singing contest.

I remember some years back when I was at a Karaoke, and this one young lady got up to sing. She was a large woman, I would say, about 350 pounds. She had long flowing blond hair and wore a long blue dress, and to me, she was beautiful. She looked like an Opera singer,and she had the beautiful singing voice of an Opera singer. When she got up to sing, I broke down and cried because her singing was so beautiful.

When she was done, a lot of people clapped their hands. I stood up and clapped my hands, giving her a standing ovation.

But I heard a few jerks make a few snide comments because she was fat.

I approached her, and I said that she looked beautiful and that her voice was majestic, that she is the best singer I had heard the entire evening, and I kissed her hand. She thanked me very much, and I went and sat down at her table and I bought us both a drink, and we talked for a couple of hours, and sang a few more songs until the Karaoke was about to close for the night.

You know, as much as I enjoy watching TV for educational programming, I believe that it is because of TV, that we are degenerating as a society, and judging people by their looks instead of their character or their intelligence.

We will never again elect a President who is short, or fat, or bald. A candidate may be highly intelligent, have a good moral character, but if he doesn't have good looks, he will not get elected. Some low-life scummy sleaze-bag will get elected because he is better looking. Thanks to TV and it's constantly projecting it's Hollywood image of what we should look like. We will be more likely to elect a president based on his looks!

The average home has two washing machines!

One is in the laundry room for washing clothes.

And the other one is in the living room for washing brains!

Lewis

Post by Lewis »

Desperate Housewives.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Right now I'm watching The National Geographic Channel.

Journey to the Edge of the Universe. The world s largest telescope and advanced CGI are used for a detailed look at the solar system and beyond.

When I first tuned in I missed the first half hour.

But since I subscribe to Premium Cable TV, by pressing the big blue [OK/SELECT] button on my remote control, I can restart some programs back to the beginning so I don't miss anything.

Not all channels or programs have that option, but fortunately this one does.

I imagine that right now Polite24 is watching nothing but sports as usual on his little black and white TV with rabbit ears, hugging a football, sucking his thumb, and pissing on his plastic covered couch.

How pathetic!!!

Yeah, I know! I'm a big fat bitch!!! OK???

Lewis

Post by Lewis »

Come Dine With Me.
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

The Real Housewives of New York City!

I Hope We Lose!
Lewis

Post by Lewis »

Ashes to Ashes.
Earl

Post by Earl »

Ray wrote:The Real Housewives of New York City!
I don't want to see them nakkid wimmen!