Last thing you Watched/Read.

For non-sports-related posts. Because we really can't stand talking about sports!
Earl

Re: Last thing you Watched/Read.

Post by Earl »

i_like_1981 wrote:
sparkle wrote:I am watching Inuyasha, the anime, because it is available and I have a week off from things and it was suggested to me. I cannot stop watching. It is so awful. :shock:
Sorry, sparkle, the last part of that sentence doesn't make sense! Although I suppose one can be attracted to the worst of things at times. Some films are so bad they just have to be seen to be believed! Shark Attack 3 is a good example of such a film. Well, not a "good" example, but you know what I'm saying.
sparkle, I know exactly what you mean.

i_like_1981, as far as some films being so bad that they have to be seen to be believed, you should try watching Night of the Lepus, which should be retitled The Attack of the Killer Bunnies. :lol: Truly a classic! Those giant killer bunnies are absolutely terrifying! :lol:

What was the last thing I watched? Well, it just so happens that I watched the Mystery Science Theater 3000 presentation of the equally terrifying Killer Shrews, another "classic." :roll: ("Don't whistle. They're dogs!")
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Earl wrote:i_like_1981, as far as some films being so bad that they have to be seen to be believed, you should try watching Night of the Lepus, which should be retitled The Attack of the Killer Bunnies. :lol: Truly a classic! Those giant killer bunnies are absolutely terrifying! :lol:
A good time of the year for such a film as well! I always found cheap horror films to represent the very pinnacle of all that is bad about films. A terrible horror film will try so hard to emulate the techniques and tension of its superiors but it will fail so miserably and that makes it so funny.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
Earl

Post by Earl »

Look at this interesting You Tube Channel and its videos, one of which features a Serbian rap song. 8)

http://www.youtube.com/user/Zutii69
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Right now I'm watching V a three part science fiction movie that came out during the 1980s on the Science Fiction Channel.

This movie was about how alien visitors who at first appeared to be friendly actually had other ulterior motives.

This was the insignia that appeared on all of their ships and shuttle vehicles.

Notice the resemblance

Yeah! An invasion from Nazi-like aliens!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

I see what you mean. Although it is a rather slight resemblance.

1980's science fiction series, eh? Well, I might check it out. There are a number of 80's sci-fi films that I like such as Blade Runner and Tron (both from the same year, 1982) but I never saw any 80's sci-fi TV series. I shall keep this "V" in mind.

So, the last thing I watched. The big football game between Bayern Munchen and Manchester United last night. WOO WOO GO TEAM GO! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! GO GET EM TIGER! :lol:

Well, that was never happening. I believe last night I checked out the film 300 again instead of joining the bleating sheep. CGI blood and gore kick the ass of men chasing a ball any day!

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Earl

Post by Earl »

The last thing I read was the message on the piece of paper that was inside the fortune cookie I ate at lunch today:

"Your sports team will be very sucessful this year." :lol:

I think I must have gotten abitagirl's fortune cookie by mistake. :lol:

abitagirl

Post by abitagirl »

Earl wrote:The last thing I read was the message on the piece of paper that was inside the fortune cookie I ate at lunch today:

Yeah, I think I got yours. "You will be lynched for screaming annoying sports chants." :twisted:

Your fortune actually sounds kind of familiar. Did somebody else on here get that same fortune? I remember reading about it somewhere, but I can't remember where.
Yes, it really is JUST A GAME.
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Well I got one from the local Chinese takeaway last night. I had to check it out. It said "OMG HAHAHAHAHAHAHA NERD ALERT! U WILL NEVER GET LAID COZ U CANT PLAY DA SPORTZ THEREFOUR YOUR A FAGGOT! HAHAHAHA FAGGOT!" What a "fortune" cookie that turned out to be!

Best regards,
i_like_1981

abitagirl

Post by abitagirl »

i_like_1981 wrote:Well I got one from the local Chinese takeaway last night. I had to check it out. It said "OMG HAHAHAHAHAHAHA NERD ALERT! U WILL NEVER GET LAID COZ U CANT PLAY DA SPORTZ THEREFOUR YOUR A FAGGOT! HAHAHAHA FAGGOT!" What a "fortune" cookie that turned out to be!

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Samdaman must be working there. :lol:
Yes, it really is JUST A GAME.
Earl

Post by Earl »

abitagirl wrote:
Earl wrote:The last thing I read was the message on the piece of paper that was inside the fortune cookie I ate at lunch today:

Yeah, I think I got yours. "You will be lynched for screaming annoying sports chants." :twisted:

Your fortune actually sounds kind of familiar. Did somebody else on here get that same fortune? I remember reading about it somewhere, but I can't remember where.
Well, actually, I think I got the same fortune cookie message before (last year) and mentioned it in a topic.

This entire topic exchange reminds me of one of my favorite Twilight Zone episodes, the one that is entitled "The Misfortune Cookie." Hey, this Twilight Zone episode just happens to be the last thing I watched at this very moment in time. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAq2-ggNmrQ

Here's another entertaining show to watch. (You'll have to click on part 2 to see the whole episode.) Talk about just desserts! :lol:

Lewis

Post by Lewis »

Ashes to Ashes, thought it was very good.
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Lewis wrote:Ashes to Ashes, thought it was very good.
Me too. :D I'm hooked already, and it's not just the prospect of more 80's action! I await certain answers in this series, and I trust I shall not be disappointed...

Best regards,
i_like_1981

sparkle

Post by sparkle »

I watched Precious. I think Fat Man would like this film alot.
* I always had hopes of being a big star. But as you get older, you aim a little lower. Everybody wants to make an impression, some mark upon the world. Then you think, you've made a mark on the world if you just get through it, and a few people remember your name. Then you've left a mark. You don't have to bend the whole world. I think it's better to just enjoy it. Pay your dues, and just enjoy it. If you shoot an arrow and it goes real high, hooray for you.*
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

The latest episode of Doctor Who, which was shown on Saturday but I checked out on BBC iPlayer this evening. Quite promising stuff, I didn't like the overuse of "comedy" in the first five minutes or so but the rest of the episode was pretty gripping and I'd say Matt Smith is going to make a pretty good Doctor.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Nick

Post by Nick »

The Wheel of Time, Book 10: The Crossroads of Twilight. On page 520, just about.
:'( im only 14! thats why im acting this way! )':