Last thing you Watched/Read.

For non-sports-related posts. Because we really can't stand talking about sports!
i_like_1981

Re: Last thing you Watched/Read.

Post by i_like_1981 »

The Sweeney. Classic 70's cop show.
I'm going to buy myself the Complete Series box set soon. That should keep me content these cold January and February evenings...

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
Lewis

Post by Lewis »

Love Actually.
sparkle

Post by sparkle »

Howl's Moving Castle. It is worth reading.
* I always had hopes of being a big star. But as you get older, you aim a little lower. Everybody wants to make an impression, some mark upon the world. Then you think, you've made a mark on the world if you just get through it, and a few people remember your name. Then you've left a mark. You don't have to bend the whole world. I think it's better to just enjoy it. Pay your dues, and just enjoy it. If you shoot an arrow and it goes real high, hooray for you.*
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Now then, what BOOK have I read recently? Well, I've recently been reading The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald, a very famous and poignant depiction of the hollowness of 1920's society. I'm sure our member wibberley would have a bit to say about this widely acclaimed 1920's-related artefact... I shall have to ask him about it if he comes back here sometime.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Lewis

Post by Lewis »

i_like_1981 wrote:Now then, what BOOK have I read recently? Well, I've recently been reading The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald, a very famous and poignant depiction of the hollowness of 1920's society. I'm sure our member wibberley would have a bit to say about this widely acclaimed 1920's-related artefact... I shall have to ask him about it if he comes back here sometime.

Best regards,
i_like_1981
Good book, I am currently studing that in English.

The last thing I watched was Come Dine With Me.
sparkle

Post by sparkle »

What are you majoring, Lewis? Am still reading what I was reading, but last night I watched "What Not to Wear".
* I always had hopes of being a big star. But as you get older, you aim a little lower. Everybody wants to make an impression, some mark upon the world. Then you think, you've made a mark on the world if you just get through it, and a few people remember your name. Then you've left a mark. You don't have to bend the whole world. I think it's better to just enjoy it. Pay your dues, and just enjoy it. If you shoot an arrow and it goes real high, hooray for you.*
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Fat Man wrote:Good book, I am currently studing that in English.
It is a meaningful read. It's amazing that what seemed to be such an exciting, lavish time could really have so much cruelty and selfishness behind it. Though I fear most kids studying it today won't bother to look beyond what they see on the page and discover the true emotions and personal weaknesses of the characters. All they're interested in is PARTIES! GIRLFRIENDS! GETTIN' DRUNK! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Sergey

Post by Sergey »

I am reading the Space Wolf Omnibus, Fat Man should get that, and see what it would be like to be a Space Wolf.
HULK SMASH SPORTS JOCK'S HEAD! OWWWW, HULK HURT HAND!

The Golden Rule: DO feed the troll!

Crappy school but better than sports related schools...

Sergey

Post by Sergey »

I just noticed the Machinima I ignored, it's a parody, obviously.

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

sparkle wrote:What are you majoring, Lewis? Am still reading what I was reading, but last night I watched "What Not to Wear".
Could do with a bit of work on your BBcode there, sparkle!
Me, I think it's just the same as HTML but with square brackets. That's exactly what it is.
Now then, what have I been watching recently? Well, on Thursday evening I went to see that film Green Zone with Matt Damon. A good one, but it was slightly predictable. And the characters didn't gain much sympathy from me either. Overall I'd give it about 6.5/10. Good action sequences - great action, actually.
Not the last thing I watched, but I thought I'd give my opinion on a new film. Plenty of people will be going to see it.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

sparkle

Post by sparkle »

Must learn not to double click. Tomorrow I am staying home and watching The Office. I always think of John Krasinki when I think of u, 1981!

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Thanks. :D I'm not often compared to famous people.

Oh, and happy 100th post, wherever it may be. We are the two newest bigmouths on this forum. The way I see it, the higher the post count, the higher the IQ. :D

Now then, I've been watching Gladiator this evening. I remember seeing that when it came out in the cinema around mid-2000. Violent historical films have always managed to captivate me. I suppose the combination of action and the past is a formula for a great night in for me.

Next film I shall see in the cinema? Well, who knows. It's only been a week since I saw Green Zone. Even I can't be watching films all the time, you know. :D

Best regards,
i_like_1981

sparkle

Post by sparkle »

HA! Thank u, my love. ;) Yeah, I have a big mouth.

I am watching Inuyasha, the anime, because it is available and I have a week off from things and it was suggested to me. I cannot stop watching. It is so awful. :shock:

As reading goes, I have been reading Marya Hornbaker's Wasted.
Sergey

Post by Sergey »

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

sparkle wrote:HA! Thank u, my love. ;) Yeah, I have a big mouth.

I am watching Inuyasha, the anime, because it is available and I have a week off from things and it was suggested to me. I cannot stop watching. It is so awful. :shock:

As reading goes, I have been reading Marya Hornbaker's Wasted.
Sorry, sparkle, the last part of that sentence doesn't make sense! Although I suppose one can be attracted to the worst of things at times. Some films are so bad they just have to be seen to be believed! Shark Attack 3 is a good example of such a film. Well, not a "good" example, but you know what I'm saying.

Last thing I watched? Well, I watched an episode of Fawlty Towers last night. Classic stuff. Many people would agree it is British comedy at it's finest. The thing I am most looking forward to seeing, though, is the third series of Ashes to Ashes, the 80's-set cop drama. I hear it's back on the box not long from now. I can't wait. It's got it's flaws but as we all know, I can't object to a bit of the Eighties!

Best regards,
i_like_1981