You know what's bullshit...

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Lewis

Re: You know what's bullshit...

Post by Lewis »

You know what's bullsh!t South West Trains!
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

You know what the real bullshit of the world is?
The modern music charts! :lol: (Sorry, I just felt like it so much. How fun my Friday nights are. :lol: )

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
sparkle

Post by sparkle »

i_like_1981 wrote:You know what the real bullshit of the world is?
The modern music charts! :lol: (Sorry, I just felt like it so much. How fun my Friday nights are. :lol: )

Best regards,
i_like_1981
Now I won't showing u my Lady Gaga costume from last year. :p And I wanted u gagging on my Gaga. :p

What's bullshit: Being cut off from vodka martinis for dancing on a table with a friend. :p Oh well. Just as well. LOL!
* I always had hopes of being a big star. But as you get older, you aim a little lower. Everybody wants to make an impression, some mark upon the world. Then you think, you've made a mark on the world if you just get through it, and a few people remember your name. Then you've left a mark. You don't have to bend the whole world. I think it's better to just enjoy it. Pay your dues, and just enjoy it. If you shoot an arrow and it goes real high, hooray for you.*
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

sparkle wrote:
i_like_1981 wrote:You know what the real bullshit of the world is?

Best regards,
i_like_1981
Now I won't showing u my Lady Gaga costume from last year. :p And I wanted u gagging on my Gaga. :p

What's bullshit: Being cut off from vodka martinis for dancing on a table with a friend. :p Oh well. Just as well. LOL!
Well, you could send us a Lady Gaga CD anytime. I need a new air rifle target. :lol:

Nothing beats the odd vodka martini. I like to think of myself as a bit of a James Bond when I'm down the pub, minus any chances with the ladies, any gadgets and instead sitting round looking a bit of a tool. That's why I like to THINK of myself like a James Bond. Fantasising ain't it great?

Here's a good James Bond related song from 1980.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_klUBLhmls

Best regards,
i_like_1981

sparkle

Post by sparkle »

That's good! But I think u would like some modern music if u try. ;) If u can't rock, u can't roll with us.
* I always had hopes of being a big star. But as you get older, you aim a little lower. Everybody wants to make an impression, some mark upon the world. Then you think, you've made a mark on the world if you just get through it, and a few people remember your name. Then you've left a mark. You don't have to bend the whole world. I think it's better to just enjoy it. Pay your dues, and just enjoy it. If you shoot an arrow and it goes real high, hooray for you.*
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

sparkle wrote:That's good! But I think u would like some modern music if u try. ;) If u can't rock, u can't roll with us.
I'm sorry, sparkle. I think I've taken this whole old music deal a bit far now to let my loyalties waver even the tiniest bit. Most of the people in my office would drop dead if they noticed me listening to anything remotely fashionable. They don't have a real problem with my oldies obsession but it's perhaps the reason why I'm not the one they turn to for the latest fashion and gossip news!
But I do like TV shows and films from recent years. Especially modern films. We had some modern classics last decade - the Lord of the Rings trilogy would receive my reward as "the film phenomenon of last decade". It really is just the modern music I couldn't care about. But I'm sure you can see why if you look at some of the stuff in the charts today. Just not the ideal scene for us "young fogies".
There are a lot of people much older than me who like the new music. I'm not even 29 yet yet sometimes I feel 59. The past just relaxes me, though. Give me a wooden TV box with only four channels over a plasma screen and Sky+ any day. (Although the latter would more accurately describe my real TV situation. :D There is some modern technology in my place! :D )

Best regards,
i_like_1981

300 POSTS!!!!!! WHAT CAN I SAY? I'M ADDICTED.

sparkle

Post by sparkle »

Oh don't try to win me over with your film talk! "Mama Said Knock You Out." :D
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

sparkle wrote:Oh don't try to win me over with your film talk! "Mama Said Knock You Out." :D
I seem to have lost my touch. :lol: I wonder when that could have been? Or did I just not have one to start with? (The answer still eludes me.)

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Lewis

Post by Lewis »

You know what's bullsh!t the England vs Mexico football match, my brother is watching it and I am missing EastEnders! :evil:
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Lewis wrote:You know what's bullsh!t the England vs Mexico football match, my brother is watching it and I am missing EastEnders! :evil:
Yeah, I remember once when an episode of Life on Mars had to be postponed a WHOLE DAMN WEEK because of some football game, back in February of 2007. That was annoying; I was really into that series as I have been with Ashes to Ashes lately. I did eventually get my share of high-quality 70's policing entertainment but it came a whole week late because of some football match! I don't think all football matches should be banned from TV but at the same time if the channel has produced original programming, that should be allowed to remain in its original slot.

As for the World Cup, don't worry, Lewis, England won't last. Oh, and while I'm responding to you, what did you make of the Ashes to Ashes finale? (I'm over at an Ashes to Ashes forum somewhere else on the internet; I might pay another visit shortly.)

Best regards,
i_like_1981

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Oh, I'll tell you what's bullshit... we've got another new spamming member here, James. I noticed that I've been the only person who's bothered responding to or even acknowledging his bullshit. I suppose all of you lot are just sick of this now. Me - I just want to get my post count good and high. Yet I won't do it by spamming, but by passing my opinions on current active topics on the board. I guess you lot are just more sensible than I am. I'm just very eager to post, although as of late, that urge to type out mini-essays has sort of diminished. I should have signed up a week or two before I did so I could have gotten my mini-essays in on Andy's civilised debate topic, where they would have been needed. Nowadays I just don't exactly know what I can write.

As for this evening, I've been back to the gym. Yep, common practice for me on a Monday night as I keep saying. Been having a go on the rowing machines, weight machines (of which there are many varieties) and the dumbbells in the corner of the room. Oh, it was good. Keeps me busy. I saw a fellow colleague of mine there, one who I have down as a bit of a gym rat - he left shortly after I came in (I hope it was nothing to do with me :D) but we had a quick chat and he demonstrated his ability to do one of the weight machines on the top setting. He said to me "The day you do this, 1981, will be the day you're no longer living on your own!" Whether he was being sarcastic or sincere I don't know but I just laughed about it. I said, "Well, we can keep dreaming, can't we?"

So that's probably the reason why I haven't wasted time responding to this new spammer's bullshit. Even I have got better things to do. However, this guy seems pretty dumb. He struggles to understand the concepts of capitalisation and spelling, a bit like Kevin_Boss did. Kevin_Boss was probably the most stupid of the 4chan undercover trolls. For fuck's sake, he named his profile after an American football player. The fact that he wasn't banned instantly is kind of... embarrassing for us.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Earl

Post by Earl »

You have helped this website, i_like_1981. You've made a fine contribution. Keep posting. I think youâ??d be a good moderator. I think you and Andy would have had a respectful but rather interesting and perhaps even profitable exchange. I wonder what will become of James eventually. I hope he isnâ??t high on something. Funny, but as a Christian there is another first name that I associate with the name â??Jamesâ? and that is â?¦ john.

The thought didnâ??t even occur to me that Kevin Boss was the name of a real guy. I assumed that it was just made up. Of course, I wouldnâ??t have recognized who he is. After all, Iâ??m not a football fan; so, I wouldnâ??t know the names of most of the players. Besides, he didnâ??t last long in this forum. He posted for only a few days until I banned him.

Iâ??m glad to hear that you are still going to the gym. I hope you are going more than once a week. My routine is four times a week: Mondays and Thursdays for upper-body exercises, Tuesdays and Fridays for lower-body exercises. You should also provide variety in your bodybuilding program. Change the exercises every four to six weeks. Your gym seems to have a large selection of weight machines and free weights to choose from. You might want to keep a written record of your progress. You must do lower-body exercises. I hope you are reading up on bodybuilding to learn the information that you need to succeed. There might be some literature that would be helpful to you regarding the problem that ectomorphs have with burning calories at such high rates. The calorie surplus for every 24-hour period that my first physical trainer recommended was at least 150 calories. Letâ??s assume your colleague was being sincere. Donâ??t let anyone get you down. Iâ??m pulling for you. Regardless of what you accomplish at the gym, remember that youâ??re a very decent guy, which has absolutely nothing to do with your build. Youâ??re already a big man in the ways that count.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
James

Post by James »

i_like_1981 wrote:Oh, I'll tell you what's bullshit... we've got another new spamming member here, James. I noticed that I've been the only person who's bothered responding to or even acknowledging his bullshit. I suppose all of you lot are just sick of this now. Me - I just want to get my post count good and high. Yet I won't do it by spamming, but by passing my opinions on current active topics on the board. I guess you lot are just more sensible than I am. I'm just very eager to post, although as of late, that urge to type out mini-essays has sort of diminished. I should have signed up a week or two before I did so I could have gotten my mini-essays in on Andy's civilised debate topic, where they would have been needed. Nowadays I just don't exactly know what I can write.

As for this evening, I've been back to the gym. Yep, common practice for me on a Monday night as I keep saying. Been having a go on the rowing machines, weight machines (of which there are many varieties) and the dumbbells in the corner of the room. Oh, it was good. Keeps me busy. I saw a fellow colleague of mine there, one who I have down as a bit of a gym rat - he left shortly after I came in (I hope it was nothing to do with me :D) but we had a quick chat and he demonstrated his ability to do one of the weight machines on the top setting. He said to me "The day you do this, 1981, will be the day you're no longer living on your own!" Whether he was being sarcastic or sincere I don't know but I just laughed about it. I said, "Well, we can keep dreaming, can't we?"

So that's probably the reason why I haven't wasted time responding to this new spammer's bullshit. Even I have got better things to do. However, this guy seems pretty dumb. He struggles to understand the concepts of capitalisation and spelling, a bit like Kevin_Boss did. Kevin_Boss was probably the most stupid of the 4chan undercover trolls. For fuck's sake, he named his profile after an American football player. The fact that he wasn't banned instantly is kind of... embarrassing for us.

Best regards,
i_like_1981
good essay there. i almost wanna say "cool story bro". you'll get those bulging Muscles one day if you keep going gym and perhaps then you'll get some. it may take OVER 9000 years to get there though, but be patient.
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

I see James has had his rank changed to SPAMMER. Well done there, Skul, Ray or Earl. I suppose that eliminates any more of his crap. Seriously, his posts were just insulting us. Here is a list of 4chan memes/terms that I saw in his various useless posts:

over 9000
cool story bro
JEST
>my face
pretty cool guy
Rickrolling (in two posts)

And a reference to popular sports videogame "Madden" in his post on the "Synthetic life in lab" thread. These people must think we're bloody stupid. As for your statement, Earl, "I wonder what will become of James..." - now we know.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Earl

Post by Earl »

James wrote:
i_like_1981 wrote:Oh, I'll tell you what's bullshit... we've got another new spamming member here, James. I noticed that I've been the only person who's bothered responding to or even acknowledging his bullshit. I suppose all of you lot are just sick of this now. Me - I just want to get my post count good and high. Yet I won't do it by spamming, but by passing my opinions on current active topics on the board. I guess you lot are just more sensible than I am. I'm just very eager to post, although as of late, that urge to type out mini-essays has sort of diminished. I should have signed up a week or two before I did so I could have gotten my mini-essays in on Andy's civilised debate topic, where they would have been needed. Nowadays I just don't exactly know what I can write.

Best regards,
i_like_1981
good essay there. i almost wanna say "cool story bro". you'll get those bulging Muscles one day if you keep going gym and perhaps then you'll get some. it may take OVER 9000 years to get there though, but be patient.
James, what a brave little guy you are, insulting someone online whom you donâ??t even know. I suspect youâ??re just a punk in real life. I would say that you probably donâ??t have the courage of your convictions, except Iâ??m sure that you donâ??t have any convictions to speak of.

You have violated two of the forum rules (which are posted in the topic above for everyone to read):
1) No Flaming/Flame-baiting and 2) No Spam. You have been put on notice. If you break the forum rules again -- (actually, I should say â??when you break the forum rules againâ?) -- you will be banned. So far, youâ??ve contributed nothing of substance to this forum.

For all the other readers of this post, I have the following comment: When we put up with trash like this, the rest of the members of this forum should appreciate the serious critics of this website. This has not been done by some of us. How I wish that I hadnâ??t lost my temper with SmartSportsPerson!
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related