You know what's bullshit...

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Polite24
Sports Bore

Re: You know what's bullshit...

Post by Polite24 »

Would it be great to play a game for a living? Yes, well at least most people would love that.

But you act like these athletes don't work hard, which is absurd.
Millhouse

Post by Millhouse »

Polite24 wrote:Would it be great to play a game for a living? Yes, well at least most people would love that.

Point completely missed, as usual. Lots of people work as hard at earning an honest living if not harder physically than athletes. Where are their medals and recognition? And multi million dollar salaries?

Point being, athletes working hard is hardly an impressive factor.
Polite24
Sports Bore

Post by Polite24 »

What jobs include working harder than athletes? Just curious as to what you think.
Millhouse

Post by Millhouse »

Polite24 wrote:What jobs include working harder than athletes? Just curious as to what you think.
I have to list them? I KNOW you aren't that stupid...
Polite24
Sports Bore

Post by Polite24 »

Please do so.
Millhouse

Post by Millhouse »

Polite24 wrote:Please do so.
Oh for christ's sake...you really are a child that doesn't know jack shit.

Why don't we start with the american farmer?
Polite24
Sports Bore

Post by Polite24 »

ok, I'll give you that. That job would suck.
resolvent

Post by resolvent »

Coal miners, forest workers.

Much more importantly than the physical energy spent of work is the physical and psychological damage done TO a person by their work. Expending lots of energy on a fun activity like sports makes the expected wear and tear to the athlete much less stressful,
compared to a factory worker who develops a repetitive stress disorder,
or a coal miner who gets lung poisoning,
or a trucker who develops artherosclerosis yet must fight to stay awake for 18 hours a day doing something incredibly boring,
or the least rewarded and least mentioned: a social activist who fights for our freedom and is locked away for their life in prison for their efforts and sacrifice.

Life is easy when you've got something you like to do - whether physical or mental - to distract you.
Polite24
Sports Bore

Post by Polite24 »

Are athletes supposed to be remorseful that their jobs are great?

It's all about supply and demand. Sports are a huge business, and the athletes are the show. Therefore, they get paid the way they do.
resolvent

Post by resolvent »

Man, this "Polite" fuck is an absolutely persistent worthless fuck.

And, are WE supposed to apologize for OUR First Amendment legally protected opinions and beliefs that sports suck? No. We do not have to. We would not have to EVEN IF we had no good reason for our beliefs. That's supply and demand, too. If and when we get tired of expressing our beliefs and creating forums for them, then we, too, will stop. Until then, we don't have to.

I know that mentally inferior subhumans like Polite have absolutely no creativity and no original thought whatsoever. Therefore, they can apply the concept of supply and demand only to what has been drummed into their empty skulls their entire lifetimes - that it applies only to economics: to consenual exchanges only which involve money. They cannot comprehend that "supply and demand", which is only ONE aspect of game theory, applies to political, moral, legal exchanges and conflicts, too.

That is the ultimate bullshit.

There IS no difference between a person's "political" versus their "personal" beliefs, even though we pretend to do so (I pretend to do so from time to time just to appease others for awhile). But, all individuals ought to be treated based upon the sum total of their beliefs -
political and personal.

Hence, I make no distinction between civilians and soldiers. I care only about what cause they fight for.
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

Sergey wrote:You know what's bullshit? Polite24 thinking that games have to be physical to get money...
ha ha ha haha you're right about that!

I Hope We Lose!
Sergey

Post by Sergey »

Ray wrote:
Sergey wrote:You know what's bullshit? Polite24 thinking that games have to be physical to get money...
ha ha ha haha you're right about that!

You know what's bullshit? Polite24. That's all I needed.
HULK SMASH SPORTS JOCK'S HEAD! OWWWW, HULK HURT HAND!

The Golden Rule: DO feed the troll!

Crappy school but better than sports related schools...

Sergey

Post by Sergey »

Polite24 wrote:Would it be great to play a game for a living? Yes, well at least most people would love that.

I work hard playing Zerg. It's not so easy to make a strategy against a person you've never met before! Especially if you don't see them like in sports where you can see them. You know what's bullshit? People thinking that a game where you can't your enemies moves is inferior to instantly figuring out another guys tactics.

Sergey

Post by Sergey »

Polite24 wrote:
abitagirl wrote:
Polite24 wrote:People who play Starcraft probably don't make money because they're not doing anything physically.

I'm trying to figure out the logic here, but....bleh. :roll:
The logic? Are you kidding me?

CLEARLY, you have never done anything that was extremely tiresome physically, or at least not on a daily basis.

You're talking about playing a fucking video game vs. going out and busting your ass, working hard, and being at risk for serious injury at any given play.

I bust my ass playing for 40 minutes for a single match. That I do everyday. So screw your logic. Orks have better logic.

Sergey

Post by Sergey »

Polite24 wrote:Are athletes supposed to be remorseful that their jobs are great?

It's all about supply and demand. Sports are a huge business, and the athletes are the show. Therefore, they get paid the way they do.

They deserve nothing, sports are so tedious that fat ass ex-jocks watch it. A Starcraft match deserves more money than any game of sports.