You know what's bullshit...

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Sergey

Re: You know what's bullshit...

Post by Sergey »

Polite24 wrote:Would it be great to play a game for a living? Yes, well at least most people would love that.

But you act like these athletes don't work hard, which is absurd.

ToD, Moon, and Savior do it for a living.
HULK SMASH SPORTS JOCK'S HEAD! OWWWW, HULK HURT HAND!

The Golden Rule: DO feed the troll!

Crappy school but better than sports related schools...

Sergey

Post by Sergey »

Well... screw you Polite24.

Sergey

Post by Sergey »

Earl you going to interfere with this fight?

Earl

Post by Earl »

Hey, I don't want to interfere or spoil anyone's fun. :) Sometimes these fights can be fun, I guess. I almost don't know what to say about this, but I will address the following comments to both Polite24 and Sergey: Since we feel shielded behind our computers, our natural inclination is to feel free and be antagonistic or even rude towards the person with whom we disagree. I certainly have learned this the hard way. The problem with this approach is that the other person may not be such a bad guy, even though you disagree with him. Sometimes the person you disagree with becomes a symbol in your own mind of some hurt that you may have experienced, even though that person is not personally responsible for it. Without naming any names, I've already seen this happen in this forum. From my own personal experience, I understand being prejudiced against a group of people. I also know the comfort that one can experience knowing that someone from the group you happen to be prejudiced against does not fit the negative stereotype and happens to understand or even sympathize with your own point of view. I don't mean to be hokey, but why don't the two of you have a truce? Try to get to know each other by leaving PMs for each other to read. Start a respectful dialogue, if you choose. (I know that the other person may not respond to you or may turn out to be a jerk, but you will never know until you try to communicate with him.) But if you'd rather argue, that's your right. After all, free speech is what this forum is supposed to be about. In other words, no, I'm not going to interfere with this fight unless one of the forum rules is broken.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Sergey

Post by Sergey »

Earl wrote:Hey, I don't want to interfere or spoil anyone's fun. :) Sometimes these fights can be fun, I guess. I almost don't know what to say about this, but I will address the following comments to both Polite24 and Sergey: Since we feel shielded behind our computers, our natural inclination is to feel free and be antagonistic or even rude towards the person with whom we disagree. I certainly have learned this the hard way. The problem with this approach is that the other person may not be such a bad guy, even though you disagree with him. Sometimes the person you disagree with becomes a symbol in your own mind of some hurt that you may have experienced, even though that person is not personally responsible for it. Without naming any names, I've already seen this happen in this forum. From my own personal experience, I understand being prejudiced against a group of people. I also know the comfort that one can experience knowing that someone from the group you happen to be prejudiced against does not fit the negative stereotype and happens to understand or even sympathize with your own point of view. I don't mean to be hokey, but why don't the two of you have a truce? Try to get to know each other by leaving PMs for each other to read. Start a respectful dialogue, if you choose. (I know that the other person may not respond to you or may turn out to be a jerk, but you will never know until you try to communicate with him.) But if you'd rather argue, that's your right. After all, free speech is what this forum is supposed to be about. In other words, no, I'm not going to interfere with this fight unless one of the forum rules is broken.

No names... you ruined the party!

Earl

Post by Earl »

I don't understand what's going on. :? I or someone else ruined a party? And what kind of a party was it? Was it a forum fight? I don't think I've ruined anything. To quote a famous line of dialogue from a certain movie, what we have here is a failure to communicate. Sorry, Sergey, I was only trying to be helpful. Peace. Please go ahead and have whatever fun you wanted to have. I'm not stopping you. :) And when I said "Without naming any names," I wasn't referring to you. I was referring to someone else.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Sergey

Post by Sergey »

Earl wrote:I don't understand what's going on. :? I or someone else ruined a party? And what kind of a party was it? Was it a forum fight? I don't think I've ruined anything. To quote a famous line of dialogue from a certain movie, what we have here is a failure to communicate. Sorry, Sergey, I was only trying to be helpful. Peace. Please go ahead and have whatever fun you wanted to have. I'm not stopping you. :) And when I said "Without naming any names," I wasn't referring to you. I was referring to someone else.

Which is why I wanted to know! It was just a joke. Which Polite24 takes seriously...

Earl

Post by Earl »

Go ahead. Everything's cool. It's no big deal. :)

Sergey

Post by Sergey »

Earl wrote:Go ahead. Everything's cool. It's no big deal. :)

Everything is not cool. Polite24

Millhouse

Post by Millhouse »

Alright. I like a good argument as much as anyone else here, and I even welcome the sports bores to this forum, because shooting them down helps our point of view.

However, I have something everyone can relate to, in relation to the heated discussion in this thread.

I was reading an article this morning and immediately thought of this thread.

I just found a job that has to be more difficult and suck ten thousand times worse than anything we've named here.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/05/23/sectio ... index.html
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Flowers arrived at Capt. Marissa Alexander's office at Fort Bragg, North Carolina, on June 3, 2005.
Arlington's Section 60 is the final resting place for many casualties of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Arlington's Section 60 is the final resting place for many casualties of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Her husband, Staff Sgt. Leroy Alexander, was half a world away fighting with the Special Forces in Afghanistan, but he had found a way to send a floral arrangement to his wife, who was five months pregnant with twins.

"He called me and asked me what building I worked in. He said he had to update some records," Alexander said. The flowers lifted her spirits.

But a few hours later, her emotions would be thrown into a tailspin. Alexander saw two Army officers in dress uniforms knock on her front door.

One of the officers started to talk: "We regret to inform you..."

If he said any more, Alexander doesn't remember. "The next memory I have is in my kitchen, banging on the floor. I just couldn't believe it," she said.

The good feelings from flowers delivered a few hours before were gone, replaced by shock, pain and mourning.

A roadside bomb had made her a widow.

Staff Sgt. Alexander now lies in Arlington National Cemetery's Section 60, where 500 soldiers, Marines, airmen and sailors who have died in Iraq and Afghanistan are buried.
Now, imagine being the two military officers that have to make these house calls. To tell someone they don't even know, someone that doesn't know nor trust them, that a loved one is gone and will never be returning home.

I know this is off topic, and I do not want this thread going off on another tangent, but I'm trying my best here to try and diffuse this situation and make us all remember that there are things in life and in this world far more difficult to deal with.

For me, this is sobering to digest. I am going to make no further comments in this thread.
Sergey

Post by Sergey »

Millhouse wrote:Alright. I like a good argument as much as anyone else here, and I even welcome the sports bores to this forum, because shooting them down helps our point of view.

However, I have something everyone can relate to, in relation to the heated discussion in this thread.

I was reading an article this morning and immediately thought of this thread.

I just found a job that has to be more difficult and suck ten thousand times worse than anything we've named here.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/05/23/sectio ... index.html
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Flowers arrived at Capt. Marissa Alexander's office at Fort Bragg, North Carolina, on June 3, 2005.

Her husband, Staff Sgt. Leroy Alexander, was half a world away fighting with the Special Forces in Afghanistan, but he had found a way to send a floral arrangement to his wife, who was five months pregnant with twins.

"He called me and asked me what building I worked in. He said he had to update some records," Alexander said. The flowers lifted her spirits.

But a few hours later, her emotions would be thrown into a tailspin. Alexander saw two Army officers in dress uniforms knock on her front door.

One of the officers started to talk: "We regret to inform you..."

If he said any more, Alexander doesn't remember. "The next memory I have is in my kitchen, banging on the floor. I just couldn't believe it," she said.

The good feelings from flowers delivered a few hours before were gone, replaced by shock, pain and mourning.

A roadside bomb had made her a widow.

Staff Sgt. Alexander now lies in Arlington National Cemetery's Section 60, where 500 soldiers, Marines, airmen and sailors who have died in Iraq and Afghanistan are buried.
Now, imagine being the two military officers that have to make these house calls. To tell someone they don't even know, someone that doesn't know nor trust them, that a loved one is gone and will never be returning home.

I know this is off topic, and I do not want this thread going off on another tangent, but I'm trying my best here to try and diffuse this situation and make us all remember that there are things in life and in this world far more difficult to deal with.

For me, this is sobering to digest. I am going to make no further comments in this thread.

MY GOD!

Sergey

Post by Sergey »

Fat Man can you believe it?

Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Sergey wrote:Fat Man can you believe it?
Nothing sunrises me me anymore.

It is a very tragic situation.

Having to be the one, who must inform somebody, that a loved one is never coming home again, that job just has to really suck, more than anything else in the world.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Sergey

Post by Sergey »

Fat Man wrote:
Sergey wrote:Fat Man can you believe it?
Nothing sunrises me me anymore.

It is a very tragic situation.

Having to be the one, who must inform somebody, that a loved one is never coming home again, that job just has to really suck, more than anything else in the world.

It's worse than Polite24's ignorance!

Sergey

Post by Sergey »

Some fucker is recommending I go to sports camp for the summer!