You know what's bullshit...

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Lewis

Re: You know what's bullshit...

Post by Lewis »

i_like_1981 wrote:
Lewis wrote:You know what's bullsh!t the England vs Mexico football match, my brother is watching it and I am missing EastEnders! :evil:
Yeah, I remember once when an episode of Life on Mars had to be postponed a WHOLE DAMN WEEK because of some football game, back in February of 2007. That was annoying; I was really into that series as I have been with Ashes to Ashes lately. I did eventually get my share of high-quality 70's policing entertainment but it came a whole week late because of some football match! I don't think all football matches should be banned from TV but at the same time if the channel has produced original programming, that should be allowed to remain in its original slot.

As for the World Cup, don't worry, Lewis, England won't last. Oh, and while I'm responding to you, what did you make of the Ashes to Ashes finale? (I'm over at an Ashes to Ashes forum somewhere else on the internet; I might pay another visit shortly.)

Best regards,
i_like_1981
I thought it was vey good. I was shocked that Gene was the policeman buried in the field, I always thought that it was Keats. I loved the fact the the pub was Heaven and I was quite sad when the Quattro was killed off.
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Yep, Ashes to Ashes is a veritable classic. I love it. Shame I can't say the same for the other fans on the internet. They've already succeeded in driving me away, calling me a troll for expressing my surprise at something. Now THAT'S bullshit!

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
Skul
Forum Admin

Post by Skul »

Ever since I came here, I've always called it the world bore (I prefer not to capitalise such non-events). But world suck works, too. :)
Forum Rules

SportsSuck.org. Bringing you the truth... no matter how bad it hurts.

Love and Tolerance!
abitagirl

Post by abitagirl »

Skul wrote:Ever since I came here, I've always called it the world bore (I prefer not to capitalise such non-events). But world suck works, too. :)

Maybe the World Bore...sorry, world bore, could be used for the world series. For some reason my imagination was always lacking when trying to think of a name for that one. :lol:
Yes, it really is JUST A GAME.
Agent 47

Post by Agent 47 »

And for next year, how about - "The super bowel... it really gives you the shits"! :twisted:
"We can’t find a healthy brain in an ex-football player."

http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/2873539.htm
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

abitagirl wrote:
Skul wrote:Ever since I came here, I've always called it the world bore (I prefer not to capitalise such non-events). But world suck works, too. :)

Maybe the World Bore...sorry, world bore, could be used for the world series. For some reason my imagination was always lacking when trying to think of a name for that one. :lol:
I can understand that. My mind always seems to get dulled whenever any of these overhyped competitions are brought up. "Weren't dat a good play last night, eh?" I don't even think they're worth capitalising. So now it's become the world suck.

Non-events... yes, Skul, that's a good way of describing them. What exactly IS the big deal anyway?

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
wibberley

Post by wibberley »

apparently,the local football team lost an important game this weekend,which,of course,i was pleased about.when i went to work this morning everybody was silent.i cannot believe it,it is only a game.my hero was william of normandy who slaughtered every male over 12 years old as far as the wash.we need someone like that to deal with sports fans
wibberley

Post by wibberley »

or what about the scene in the 1931 frankenstein where dwight frye has to steal a brain.he drops the normal one and takes the abnormal(or sportrs fans) brain instead
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

wibberley wrote:or what about the scene in the 1931 frankenstein where dwight frye has to steal a brain.he drops the normal one and takes the abnormal(or sportrs fans) brain instead
If Frankenstein were to put a sports fan's brain in a mosquito, it would fly backwards!

A typical sports fan or a jock has no forehead, but only a flat roof just above the brow ridge, and a pile of shit on top of that as a forehead, and the tiny little brains in the flies sitting on the shit does all his thinking for him!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!