Stupid sports arguement causes tragedy

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
greencom

Stupid sports arguement causes tragedy

Post by greencom »

Agent 47

Re: Stupid sports arguement causes tragedy

Post by Agent 47 »

Yahoo News wrote: Sullivan's brother and a partygoer got into an argument over football. When Sullivan moved to intervene, the man pulled a gun and opened fire.

http://news.yahoo.com/california-soldie ... 01516.html
There seems to be a growing list of these type of incidences. That's several of them that I've heard about now.

These days, it's getting harder to tell the difference between a sports fan and a gangsta.
"We can’t find a healthy brain in an ex-football player."

http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/2873539.htm
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Re: Stupid sports arguement causes tragedy

Post by Fat Man »

Agent 47 wrote:
Yahoo News wrote: Sullivan's brother and a partygoer got into an argument over football. When Sullivan moved to intervene, the man pulled a gun and opened fire.

There seems to be a growing list of these type of incidences. That's several of them that I've heard about now.

These days, it's getting harder to tell the difference between a sports fan and a gangsta.
Yeah! But there is one difference between sports fans and gangstas.

While the gangstas like to perform Gangsta Rap with their singing and street poetry, the sports fan gangs have far less talent.

The sport fan gangs just go DUH! I LOVE FOOTBALL! DUH! I LIVE FOOTBALL!

But yes, the two also have a lot in common.

Because of the street gangs and the color of clothing they wear, when you go from one neighborhood to another, you're in danger of getting shot and killed just for wearing the "wrong color" of T-shirt.

And, when you travel from one city to another, you're even in danger of getting beaten up, and shot to death just for wearing a shirt with the "wrong" football team logo on it.

We're living under a dictatorship of sorts.
greencom wrote:The lunacy continues.
Well, I have decided to copy and paste the article here from the website link you have posted.
California soldier shot at his homecoming party

SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (AP) â?? A decorated Army soldier recovering from injuries suffered in a suicide bombing in Afghanistan has been shot at his homecoming party, and family members say he's paralyzed and in critical condition. Christopher Sullivan, 22, was shot late Friday while trying to break up a fight between his brother and another man at a San Bernardino, Calif., residence. "My son didn't deserve this. He served his country," his mother, Suzanne Sullivan, told the San Bernardino Sun

http://bit.ly/sjycMA

Suzanne Sullivan said her son suffered two gunshot wounds to his back, which shattered his spine. Family members told the newspaper that the shooting late Friday left Sullivan paralyzed and in critical condition. Police said Sullivan's brother and a partygoer got into an argument over football. When Sullivan moved to intervene, the man pulled a gun and opened fire.

The gunman fled the scene before police arrived.

Sullivan was wounded in a suicide bombing attack last year in Kandahar while serving with the 101st Infantry Division. He suffered a cracked collar bone and brain damage in the attack and has been recovering in Kentucky where he is stationed. He was awarded a Purple Heart.

Sullivan was home on leave when the shooting occurred. "To come home to this, it's so unfair," his aunt Theresa Marquez told the newspaper.

His enlistment would be complete in April, after which Sullivan had planned to come home to go to college.

Family members are calling on the shooter to surrender.

Police have not identified the suspect.
In the above article was a link to another website article.
Soldier back from Afghanistan shot at welcome-home
party in San Bernardino

By Melissa Pinion-Whitt, The (San Bernardino County) Sun
Posted: 12/24/2011 01:25:11 PM PST

Suzanne Sullivan holds a photo of her son Christopher Sullivan outside her home in San Bernardino
December 23, 2011. Sullivan, who survived a suicide bombing last December while serving in
Afghanistan, is now in critical condition after a gunman shot him during his welcome home party
Friday in San Bernardino. (GABRIEL LUIS ACOSTA/STAFF PHOTOGRAPHER)

SAN BERNARDINO - Army Spec. Christopher Sullivan survived a suicide bombing while serving a tour in Afghanistan for the U.S. Army last December.

Now his family is on pins and needles again, after a gunman shot Sullivan during his welcome-home party Friday in San Bernardino. "My son didn't deserve this. He served his country," said his mother, Suzanne Sullivan, a San Bernardino resident. Sullivan, 22, a 2008 San Bernardino High School graduate who was stationed at Fort Campbell, Ky., was taken to a hospital for treatment of gunshot wounds.

Christopher Sullivan (Courtesy)

His condition was not known, but family members described him as being in extremely critical condition and paralyzed. Suzanne Sullivan said he suffered two gunshot wounds to his back, which shattered his spine.

It's an incident that has angered his family, especially since Sullivan was exposed to frequent danger in the Middle East, only to face this attack on American soil. "To come home to this, it's so unfair," his aunt Theresa Marquez said.

Police said friends were throwing a party for Sullivan in the 2800 block of Garner Avenue because Sullivan was home on leave. "Everybody there was supposed to be his friend or an acquaintance," Marquez said.

Family members said a man at the party got into an argument with Sullivan's brother. When Sullivan intervened, the man pulled out a gun and fired at him. Sullivan's brother and the other man began arguing over football a little before midnight, San Bernardino Police Lt. Gwendolyn Waters said Saturday.

The gunman, described as a Latino in his 20s, punched Sullivan's brother, Waters said. Sullivan stepped in and the other man pulled a gun from his waistband and fired at least three shots. Two shots hit Sullivan, one in the neck and the other in the buttocks. Waters said the shooting happened outside in a side yard. Between 30 and 40 people were at the party.

The gunman fled the home before police arrived.

Sullivan had been recovering in Kentucky after a Dec.12, 2010, suicide bombing in Kandahar, which killed five of his fellow soldiers in the 101st Airborne Division. He suffered a cracked collar bone and brain damage.

He was awarded a Purple Heart for his injuries.

"He was lucky he came home," his mother said.

Sullivan played varsity football and was also on the wrestling team at San Bernardino High, said his sister, Crystal Watson. He was set to complete his enlistment in the Army in April, and was planning to come home to go to college. "He was so happy to be back. He kept saying, everything was going to be OK," Watson said.

Police have not identified a suspect in the case.

Suzanne Sullivan pleaded for the shooter to surrender. "I just want him to turn himself in," she said.

Anyone with information on this case may call Detective Michele Mahan, 909-384-5619 or Sgt. Gary Robertson, 909-384-5663, or WeTip, 800-78-CRIME.
WOW! So, so somebody gets shot during an argument over a stupid football game!

OK! Why can't sports fans just enjoy their games, and when the game is over, just get on with life until the next game comes around? Eh?

Also, why can't sports fans just accept the fact that not everybody in interested in sports?

But NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Sports fans just have to get into bloody fistfights over games, and now, people are even getting shot!

And . . . Oh! How sports fans just love to proselytize, like Holy Missionaries, trying to get everybody else to convert to their sacred religion of sports.

But now, people are getting shot in arguments over sports, and people have even died because of it.

With all this going on, and with the recent Penn State scandal, and the Notre Dame scandal about a year ago in which a female student committed suicide after she was sexually attacked by one of Notre Dame's football players, while the university has just swept it under the proverbial rug.

Yeah, with all this coming down . . . . . is it no wonder that so many of us would like to see sports eradicated?

I'm getting really sick and tired of all this fucking bullshit!!!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!