Sports Fan Massacre

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Agent 47

Sports Fan Massacre

Post by Agent 47 »

The Daily Mail wrote: 'This is not football, this is a war and people are dying': More than 70 dead and 1,000 injured after pitch invasion in Egypt
By Leon Watson
Last updated at 10:20 AM on 2nd February 2012

At least 74 football fans were killed and hundreds injured after a pitch invasion in Egypt last night.

Trouble flared after a match in the city of Port Said when armed fans surged forward seconds after the final whistle.

The home team, Al-Masry, secured a rare 3-1 victory against the countryâ??s top team, Al-Ahly.

According to officials, Al-Masry fans carrying knives swarmed on to the pitch, throwing stones, fireworks and bottles at rival fans, players and security officers.

Most of the victims are believed to have died from suffocation or head injuries, with some cornered in the stadium as parts of it were set on fire. The two teams have a long history of bad blood.

The Egypt Football Association ordered an indefinite suspension of its premier league and Egyptâ??s state prosecutor has ordered an immediate investigation.

One witness to the Egypt riot said people threw stones, sticks and bottles at their rivals and injured some players. The witness was speaking on condition of anonymity because he feared retribution.

He said the atmosphere was already tense in the field before the game as one Al-Ahly fan raised a banner insulting supporters of the home team.

Security forces in Egypt had been keeping a lower profile since last yearâ??s popular protests that ousted President Hosni Mubarak from power, allowing fans to smuggle knives into the stadium.

The riot also threatened to destabilise the country once more.

The Muslim Brotherhood, the most powerful party in Egyptâ??s parliament, blamed supporters of the deposed Mubarak regime for promoting violence at the match as a way to bring back chaos to Egypt.

Interior Minister Mohammed Ibrahim told state television that 13,000 Al-Masry fans stormed the field, jumping a low fence and attacking 1,200 Al-Ahly fans.

Al-Ahly goalkeeper Sharif Ikrami, who was injured in the clashes, said dead bodies were carried into the dressing room.

â??There were people dying in front of us,â?? he said. â??Itâ??s over. Weâ??ve all made a decision that we wonâ??t play soccer any more. We canâ??t think about it.â??

Al-Masry manager Kamal Abu Ali announced he was resigning. â??This is not about soccer. This is bigger than that. This is a plot to topple the state,â?? he said.

The riot was the deadliest incident in football since October 1996, when 78 fans died and 180 others were injured in a stampede at a stadium in Guatemala City before a World Cup qualifying match between Guatemala and Costa Rica.

The match with the most fatalities was in May 1964 when a game between Peru and Argentina in Lima descended into violence and 318 fans were killed.

Britainâ??s worst football disaster is the Hillsborough tragedy in Sheffield in April 1989, in which 96 supporters died.

As the trouble unfolded in Port Said, a stadium in Cairo was also set on fire by fans after a referee cancelled a match.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... asion.html
Check out the pictures. ^
"We can’t find a healthy brain in an ex-football player."

http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/2873539.htm
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Re: Sports Fan Massacre

Post by Fat Man »

WOW! And I thought is was bad here in the USA.

Yeah! I guess the sports rioting is a lot worse in some countries overseas.

Of course, it's only a matter of time before it gets just as bad here.

Penn State is only the beginning. We're now seeing the rape victims of Jerry Sandusky getting blamed for a coach getting fired.

These sports fans are low-life scums who could care less if their own kids got raped, as long as the games go on.

I think all sports fans should be sterilized so that they can't have children and bring more kids into the world to suffer.

Just let them have their Buckhorn beer and their greasy fried foods for free to cog their arteries, so they'll die happy in front of their TVs during the Sunday afternoon games.

Yeah! That's the ticket!

I think I've come up with a good solution.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!