another interesting item

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Earl

another interesting item

Post by Earl »

I just found an interesting story in a post written by a DU member whose username is Heddi. The topic is entitled "Why Homophobia is Detrimental to Straight Men." As usual, a link to the topic is provided below; and I've copied and pasted the text of the post as well.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/di ... 04x1175286
Growing up in the south I was a witness to Male Bravado throughout my life----Guys would get in knock-down drag out fights just for the hell of it. Emotional release, I guess. And these weren't enemies fighting--they were friends just knocking the shit out of each other for hours at a time. I saw one guy get his arm and collar bone broken --- SEVERELY broken --- and he still went on fighting. WOuldn't cry and wouldn't acknowledge the pain at all. Fought til he was clipped in the head and knocked unconscious.

I've also seen it in High School sports---a friend of mine was a football player. One game, he got tackled BIG TIME. He was in alot of pain, kicked in the stomach really hard (later it was revealed that his gallbladder had been ruptured in the kick). He went to the sidelines and was just hurting. JUST HURTING---started to cry and the coach tore him up one side and down the other. What kind of PUSSY are you anyways? You're a FOOTBALL PLAYER for god's sake. What are you, some kind of GIRL? You play on my team and you keep THAT BULLSHIT off of my field, do you understand me? Are you queer...on and on it went.....the dude had a busted fucking gallbladder for fuck's sake---but even sitting there with a life-threatning injury, he was NOT ALLOWED TO CRY UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES....

It's sickening to me. I guess, as a woman, I just don't understand the need to be so violent---not saying all men are violent, but in my experience, the men who go for the MALE BRAVADO mind-set are the ones that wouldn't shed a tear if you killed their momma in front of their eyes, or kicked their kid in the stomach because it's a sign of weakness.

And we ALLL know that a male who is weak is just as worthless as a woman :roll:
The story about the high-school football player angered me. It was just a game, not military combat! :evil: I was appalled by the stupidity of the jerk coach. Didn't it occur to him that the player might have sustained a serious physical injury requiring the attention of a medical doctor? If I had been the boy's father, I would have had to be restrained from marching over to the high school and punching the jerk's eyes out and possibly inflicting a few more injuries. Here's a scenario I'd like to imagine: The coach is now an old man in a hospital suffering from a painful illness. He cries out for pain-killing medication, but the nurse doesn't want to be bothered. "SHUT UP, you miserable old man! Stop acting like a baby!" :twisted: What a jerk! He never should have been hired to work as a football coach in the first place. Sheesh! :evil:

Isn't it ironic that in certain circumstances, such as this one, those of us who are labeled as "anti-sports" have more compassion for athletes than many of the fans?
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Re: another interesting item

Post by Fat Man »

Yeah! Although I don't have any great love for football players . . . . .

. . . . . the injured player with the busted gull bladder should have been taken off the playing field and the ambulance should have been called to the scene.

You can die from a ruptured gull bladder.

The player required immediate attention, NOW, and I mean, like, YESTERDAY!!!

I'm thinking of the parent, who is pound that his son in on the high school football team, yet, the coach doesn't give a flying fuck if the kid lives or dies!

Yeah! Uh huh!

It is ironic, that those of us who hate sports the most, that sometimes we actually care more about the players on the field than the most rabid of sports fans.

When a football player is a big success . . . Oh! How the fans love him when he scores those touchdowns!

Ah! But when their favorite football hero suffers a severe injury, and can't play anymore, then, he is no longer their hero, and the sports fans turn against him, and hate his guts, like he's an enemy of the state, or something.

I've said it before . . . . . sometime the sports fans are worse than the jocks!

That's why I believe that football should be banned from our high schools.

Allowing your kid to play football in high school is like sending your own kid off to die in combat. In fact, it worse!

In the Army, if you're severely injured on the battle field, they call for a chopper to take you to a M*A*S*H unit for immediate emergency medical treatment.

Fighting in combat is actually less dangerous than playing football in high school.

On the football field, if you're injured and can not play anymore, the coach calls you wimp, a sissy, and a fag, and the coach doesn't give a flying fuck if you die!

I think some of these football coaches should be taken out somewhere and shot!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!