Rick Santorum Says, College Education Is Indoctrination???

For non-sports-related posts. Because we really can't stand talking about sports!
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Rick Santorum Says, College Education Is Indoctrination???

Post by Fat Man »

YEAH! I really did get off the wrong train in the wrong town!

A prominent Republican, Rick Scantorum (or is that Dickhead Sanctimonious?) who's running (or rather, slithering) for President, says that a college education is indoctrination!

Uh huh! Learning science, like, astronomy, physics, chemistry, quantum mechanics, geology, biology, paleontology, anthropology, etc. etc. and learning math, like trigonometry, and calculus, etc. etc. that's brainwashing and indoctrination?

You mean, as opposed to Creationist fairy tales, as taught in religion?

OK, here's some more of the latest moronic fuck-tardary coming from the Republicans.

This is from The Huffington Post.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/2 ... 99403.html
February 24, 2012

Rick Santorum Sounds
'Indoctrination' Warning Over Obama
College Plan

Posted: 02/24/12 12:09 PM ET | Updated: 02/24/12 12:09 PM ET

Rick Santorum believes Obama wants to 'indoctrinate' students by encouraging higher college enrollment. The GOP hopeful sat down with Glenn Beck for a wide-ranging interview that aired Thursday, and he warned that higher education leads to secularization.

â??I understand why Barack Obama wants to send every kid to college, because of their indoctrination mills, absolutely," he said. "The indoctrination that is going on at the university level is a harm to our country.â?

Obama has recently doubled down on his efforts to boost college attendance, pushing to make schools more affordable and accountable.

Santorum told Beck that â??62 percent of kids who go into college with a faith commitment leave without it,â? but failed to say where he found that figure. He has said that parents should have control of their children's education, and vowed to home-school his seven children in the White House if he is elected president.

His wife, Karen, also talked with Beck and said that her husband entered the race because it was God's will.

"I did always feel in my heart that God had big plans for Rick," she said. "Eventually it was there, tugging at my heart. ... When Obamacare passed, that was it. That put the fire in my belly."
And here's some more from CBS NEWS.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162- ... nrollment/
February 23, 2012 10:19 PM

Santorum: Obama wants to 'indoctrinate' students
by boosting college enrollment

By Rebecca Kaplan, Matthew Shelley

DALLAS, Texas - Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum said Thursday that President Obama wants more young adults to go to college so they can undergo "indoctrination" to a secular world view.

In an hour-long interview with conservative television host Glenn Beck, Santorum also defended his record on abortion and his vote in favor of President George W. Bush's No Child Left Behind education law.

On the president's efforts to boost college attendance, Santorum said, "I understand why Barack Obama wants to send every kid to college, because of their indoctrination mills, absolutely ... The indoctrination that is going on at the university level is a harm to our country."

He claimed that "62 percent of kids who go into college with a faith commitment leave without it," but declined to cite a source for the figure. And he floated the idea of requiring universities that receive public funds have "intellectual diversity" on campus.

Criticized by his Republican rivals for supporting the Bush education law, which increased government-mandated testing in schools, Santorum has said he voted for it as "part of the (GOP) team." He told Beck that as president, "I'll be the team leader, not the team member."

A champion of home-schooling, Santorum also expanded on his vision of dramatically reduced involvement in public education by both the states and the federal government, although he was more exact about eliminating the present system than his plan for replacing it.

He said, "Education should be the parental responsibility and the local community should be the one to be working with the parents to make sure that children get the best educational in environment for each child in America. The federal government needs to get out of education. The state government by and large needs to get out of education, other than making sure there are sufficient resources, particularly in poorer neighborhoods, to be able to help (have) some sort of equality of education in America ... to have the resources to have the best customized education."

Santorum also defended his anti-abortion rights record after the Huffington Post website recently reported on a 1995 Philadelphia Magazine story in which Santorum said he "was basically pro-choice all my life, until I ran for Congress."

"No I wasn't," Santorum told Beck, chuckling. "I was in Congress in the 1990s and I had a 100-percent voting record in the 1990s ... When I first ran for Congress I was kind of an agnostic. I was a single male and not really interested in the issue, didn't really care. I was Catholic, but I had never really taken a public position on it."

Though discussions with his future father-in-law, a medical geneticist, he said he solidified his views. "I walked out of that meeting and said, 'Well, just from a standpoint of reason, I've got to be pro-life.' It was 1988 I think, or 1989."

Santorum was joined on the program by his wife, Karen, and a few of their seven children. Karen Santorum elaborated on her initial opposition to his presidential bid, citing the tough 2006 Senate race that he lost by 18 percentage points. Passage of Obama's health care initiative in 2010, he said, "put the fire in my belly."

"It's been challenging, I will tell you," she said, but expressed no regrets. "I think you'd have to be crazy to want it, to be honest with you. But at the same time for us, it's completely a spiritual thing. This is God's will," she said.

"For us it's all about making the world a better place and going after the issues and building America and making America more what our founding fathers wanted it to be," she said. "For me it has been a challenging year, but it's also been a very beautiful year."
And here's and older article also from CBS NEWS.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162- ... trination/

January 25, 2012 5:47 PM

Rick Santorum: Left uses college for "indoctrination"
By Brian Montopoli

Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum
speaks at the First Baptist Church in Naples, Fla.
Wednesday, Jan. 25, 2012. (Credit: AP)

Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum said Wednesday that "the left" uses universities to indoctrinate young people for the purpose of "holding and maintaining power."

After saying "we've lost, unfortunately, our entertainment industry," Santorum told a Naples, Florida, audience that "we've lost our higher education, that was the first to go a long time ago."

"It's no wonder President Obama wants every kid to go to college," said the former Pennsylvania senator. "The indoctrination that occurs in American universities is one of the keys to the left holding and maintaining power in America. And it is indoctrination. If it was the other way around, the ACLU would be out there making sure that there wasn't one penny of government dollars going to colleges and universities, right?"

He continued: "If they taught Judeo-Christian principles in those colleges and universities, they would be stripped of every dollar. If they teach radical secular ideology, they get all the government support that they can possibly give them. Because you know 62 percent of children who enter college with a faith conviction leave without it."

Santorum went on to encourage his audience not to "give money" to colleges and universities that he said are causing harm to the country.

"I'll bet you there are people in this room who give money to colleges and universities who are undermining the very principles of our country every single day by indoctrinating kids with left-wing ideology," he said. "And you continue to give to these colleges and universities. Let me have a suggestion: Stop it."

Santorum said at the same event that he is leaving the Florida campaign trail this weekend - ahead of the state's January 31 primary - to go home and retrieve his tax returns, so he can release them.

A new CNN/Time/ORC International poll showed Santorum at 11 percent in the Sunshine State, far behind rivals Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich.

With reporting by CBS News/National Journal off-air reporter Lindsey Boerma.
And finally another article from GOOD NEWS

http://www.good.is/post/rick-santorum-s ... necessary/
Rick Santorum Says College is 'Indoctrination';
We Say It's Necessary

January 27, 2012 â?¢ 12:30 pm PST

Nona Willis
Aronowitz
Associate Editor

Presidential candidate Rick Santorum has really gone after higher education lately. Earlier this month, he called President Obama's suggestion that everyone should go to college "elitist snobbery." Now, he's speaking out in response to Obama's State of the Union education plans:

Itâ??s no wonder President Obama wants every kid go to go college... The indoctrination that occurs in American universities is one of the keys to the left holding and maintaining power in America. And it is indoctrination. If it was the other way around, the ACLU would be out there making sure there wasnâ??t one penny of government dollars going to colleges and universities, right?

Let's get one thing straight: Rick Santorum is about as educated as you can possibly get, and not from insular religious institutions, either. He got himself a bachelor's degree from Penn State. Then a M.B.A. from the University of Pittsburgh. Then he went back to Penn State to get his law degree. Would he be a millionaire running for president if he hadn't gotten those degrees?

Even Santorum must know that college isn't just a place the left goes in order to maintain power; it's a necessary stepping-stone to get a good job, now more than ever. And, of course, educated people make more money. In 2009, the median annual income of a young college-educated adult was $45,000, while a young person with just a high school diploma made $21,000.

Santorum is correct in pointing out that most academics are leftyâ??professors identify themselves as liberals more often than people in any other type of job. That isn't a coincidence; many conservativesâ??the faith-based kind embodied by Santorumâ??embrace being anti-intellectual. But when Obama stresses the importance of every kid going to college, he's not plotting for a liberal takeover. He's acknowledging the key to building a competitive economy.

Photo via (cc) Flickr user Gage Skidmore.
OK, President Obama wants to make it easier for high school graduates to get into college, but Rick Santorum believes that a college education is indoctrination! What? As apposed to religious indoctrination?

YEAH RIGHT!

Gee! Back in 1975 to 1978 when I was going to college at NMSU, New Mexico State University, I had taken science courses Astronomy, Chemistry, and Physics, and some math courses in Algebra and Geometry Review, and Trigonometry, but, I didn't feel as though I was being indoctrinated.

No, I wasn't told that I was going to go to Hell if I didn't pass these courses. In my math courses I learned how to solve quadratic equations, studied Trig Identities, etc. etc. all kinds of neat stuff like that. Math can actually be fun, especially when you learn examples of how math is applied to real world situations.

I felt like I was learning something that I didn't know before, and a lot of new stuff that I wanted to learn. It wasn't forced on me. Also, I knew that the worse that could possibly happen to me was, if I didn't do well in these courses that I would get a failing grade, and then, I would have to take that course over again the next semester, which I did, and then, I passed with a much better grade. I made mostly B's in my math courses.

My Chemistry Professor, she once told me after I got a low grade on an exam "Don't feel bad. The first time Einstein took Algebra, he flunked it, and had to take it over again." so, I felt much better, and was inspired to study harder. I liked my chemistry teacher. She was really cool.

Therefore, I knew that I wasn't going to go to Hell if I flunked a course, or even go to heaven just because I passed in a course I had taken.

So, where was the indoctrination? I didn't notice any. I didn't feel indoctrinated. I felt enlightened!

I was in my 20s when I was going to college.

Oh! But when I was a kid, about eight years old, and going to Sunday School, I was told all about Adam and Eve, that Eve was made from Adam's rib, and that's why men have one less rib on one side of the rib cage while women have the same number on both sides of the rib cage, so all men have one missing rib.

Then, when I was nine years old, I had to have surgery done under my left arm. The X-rays had shown a bone growth, like a bone spur. My doctor said, the scientific word was, an "Exostosis" and it had to be surgically removed. An "Exostosis" is actually a mutation, almost like having an extra finger on your hand or an extra toe on your foot. So, I guess I'm a mutant! No big deal! nothing wrong with being a mutant! And besides, it was just a small mutation, nothing major.

What happened was, when I was in the third grade, during recess, me and a friend, we were goofing off, and he hit me on my left shoulder. I came home with throbbing pains under my left arm, and my left hand felt all tingly, and I was a bit feverish because of the throbbing pain under my left arm.

So, my mother took me to the doctor, I got an X-ray. And since, even as a kid, because I was curious about science, I asked the doctor if I could see my X-ray because I wanted to see what my own bones looked like. He showed me my the X-ray picture, and explained that I had this bone growth that had to be removed because it was pinching a nerve, causing the tingling sensations in my left hand.

It was a complete chest X-ray, so I got to see my rib cage, and I started counting the ribs in my X-ray picture, and said "Hey Doc! I got the same number of ribs on both sides! But I'm a boy, not a girl!" and the doctor laughed and said "Of course! Boys and girls have the same number of ribs on both sides. What you were told in Sunday School is just a fable." *** (Translation: My Sunday school teacher was a lying sack of shit!)

So, at the tender age of nine, I saw some physical scientific evidence (my own chest X-ray) that disproved the myth of a woman being made from a man's rib.

If the rib thing was a lie, then I began to wonder what other lies I was being told in Sunday school.

Anyway, I went in for surgery. I knew what it involved, that I would be put under a deep sleep, and the surgeon would have to make an incision about two inches long under my left arm, and cut away the bone growth and remove it, then the incision would be sewn up, I would have stitches there, and a small scar after it healed.

The evening that I was to undergo surgery, the nurse came in, she gave me a shot of Sodium Pentothal, in the butt of course, and the next thing I knew, I was laying on my back, floating toward the ceiling, or so it felt like, laughing and giggling, and telling the truth!!! Yeah! I didn't hold back on anything while babbling away, telling jokes I heard, and expressing some choice opinions.

Then I was strapped down to a gurney, and taken to the operating room, the O R. And as I was being placed on the surgery table, I was still laughing and giggling. I just couldn't shut up! I said stuff like, "My Sunday school teacher is a liar liar with her panties on fire, and her nose is much longer than a telephone wire! Make no bones about that!" Yeah, I was good at making up puns when I was just a kid.

Yeah! That Sodium Pentothal is great stuff! It feels good, and yes, it does make you tell the truth!

Anyway . . . the nurse, being a bit peeved with my comments finally said, "Please doctor! Let's put him under, right now!" and the last thing I remember seeing was the aether mask coming down over my mouth and nose, and when I woke up again, I was back in my room, and I was hungry.

I was in the hospital four days, then I came home.

The following Sunday, I was back in Sunday school again, and I told my Sunday school teacher about seeing my chest X-ray, and that I have the same number of ribs in both side of my body. I then asked her why she lied to us. Isn't it a sin to lie?

Her lower jaw just went slack, as it usually does in all morons! I'm surprised she didn't start drooling from the corners of her mouth!

Anyway, it is NOT in college, or in our universities, where one is indoctrinated, but only informed, educated, and enlightened, and where one learns critical thinking skills.

It's in church, and in private religious schools where you get your brainwashing and indoctrination!

There, you are not allowed to think for yourself, or to question any part of doctrine, and there, you are warned that you will go to Hell if you don't fully embrace their doctrine.

Yeah! When I was just a kid in Sunday school, I forget how many times I was told that I was going to Hell. I learned, early in life, that many, NOT ALL, but many adults were lying shit-bags!

So, the only times I ever felt like I was being brainwashed and indoctrinated was in church, in Sunday school, and by my PE coaches in the gymnasium!!!

Otherwise, as a kid and a teenager, I went to some really lousy schools where I didn't learn jack shit!!!

But, in the gymnasium during PE, I was being indoctrinated by the coaches!

So, as far as I'm concerned . . . . .

The PE coaches, and the church pastors, ministers, and Sunday school teachers can go fuck themselves or each other for all I care!

Yeah! You can all fuck off!

OK, I'm really scared right now!

This year, election year 2012, is to me, the most frightening election year I have ever experienced.

From what I can see, it appears that ALL of the Republicans are against science education in our schools, and wish to have Creationism inserted into high school sciences classes.

They all believe, and affirm, that the universe was literally created in just six 24 hour days, and that the earth is only about 6000 years old, and that humans and dinosaurs co-existed together at the same time on this planet.

Now, if the Republicans completely take over, I fear that they will be better able to enforce their political agenda on the USA.

Funding will be cut for public education in favor of private religious schools.

And perhaps, after about 4 to 8 years under Republican rule, they might even come to reject the Helios-centric solar system with the earth and all the planets revolving around the sun, and re-affirm the Geo-centric model of the cosmos with everything revolving around the earth.

Hey! Why not?

Then, after another 10 years or so, will they even come to re-affirm that the earth is flat?

And after that . . . what then?

Will they also have all the scientists who teach about evolution, rounded up and arrested, and put in prison, and perhaps, even average citizens who support science instead of religious myths, also put in prison?

Is that the next thing coming down the pike?

What next? Perhaps even torture?

I'm scared!!!

Yeah, I can see it now!

Well, I would consider it an honor to be imprisoned with our nation's top intellectuals in science, and along with those average citizens who support science education.

And even if I'm tortured along with them, I would consider even that to be an honor!

Yes, I have a very low tolerance to extreme pain. Yeah! I will scream out, and even cry like a big fat baby! Yeah! I will put on a really good show for them!

But the one thing I won't do . . .

I will not confess, I will not say I'm sorry, I will not repent and turn toward their Jesus to stop the torture!

I will cry and scream out and shout . . . . .

FUCK YOU! With my last gasp and dying breath!

Yeah! I'll put on a good show for them, if that's their pleasure.

But I will not repent!

Hey! Galileo died for your sins, ya mother fuckers!!!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Safety
Sportsman

Re: Rick Santorum Says, College Education Is Indoctrination?

Post by Safety »

In terms of length, I think this may be your longest post yet. Congratulations.
"I hold that the parentheses are by far the most important parts of a non-business letter." - D. H. Lawrence
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Re: Rick Santorum Says, College Education Is Indoctrination?

Post by Fat Man »

Safety wrote:In terms of length, I think this may be your longest post yet. Congratulations.
Thanks for the congratulations!

But, actually, I have posted much longer topics.

Go back through the much earlier pages in Off Topics and you will see some really long topics on science, and on the history of Galileo and the Inquisition.

Please do check them out.

OK?
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!