I Hope We Lose!

This forum is dedicated to expressing how much football and soccer suck!
Don

I Hope We Lose!

Post by Don »

I hate how fans pretend to be part of a sports team. They yell and scream and dance around, "Yayyy! We scored!" "We rule!"

Who is "we"? The last time I checked, watching a game on TV happening two thousand miles away does not qualify someone as a member of the Bulldogs. But when they talk about something that they actually are a part of - our country, for example, all of a sudden it's "they." "They elected George Bush." "They started a war over oil." How is it that football fans are not a part of their country but are a part of a football team that they've never even seen in person?

I'll tell you how. It's plain and simple BullShit.
F U CN RD THS U CNT SPL WRTH A DM!
Ray
Site Admin

Re: I Hope We Lose!

Post by Ray »

Don wrote:I hate how fans pretend to be part of a sports team. They yell and scream and dance around, "Yayyy! We scored!" "We rule!"

Who is "we"? The last time I checked, watching a game on TV happening two thousand miles away does not qualify someone as a member of the Bulldogs. But when they talk about something that they actually are a part of - our country, for example, all of a sudden it's "they." "They elected George Bush." "They started a war over oil." How is it that football fans are not a part of their country but are a part of a football team that they've never even seen in person?

Yep. It's the ol' share-the-glory syndrome. Put nothin' in, get somethin' out. The anti-integrity clause. :)

You know, the NY Yankees must be about the biggest baseball team in the world. Because I keep seeing people with Yankees baseball caps and t-shirts.. There must be 30 million of 'em. And every one of them wants a share of the glory when the team wins.

I Hope We Lose!
resolvent

GO WORLD!

Post by resolvent »

Don wrote:I hate how fans pretend to be part of a sports team. They yell and scream and dance around, "Yayyy! We scored!" "We rule!"

BRILLIANT! I could not have said that better myself!
(Seriously - I write in a very stilted style, due to years of writing mathematics.
I am proud of my math papers. However, it has gotten me into a bit of a bad habit
when I write prose - I fear other won't understand me or "catch my drift" unless I
write in a nearly Java-esque computer-programming style.)

YEAH! GO WORLD! Kick OCEANS in the butt!

I am glad to see there are a few Futurama and The Simpsons lovers on this forum
judging by the avatars!

And now our halftime salute to the BEST hemisphere in the world: the WESTERN hemisphere!
Fitz301

Re: GO WORLD!

Post by Fitz301 »

resolvent wrote:

BRILLIANT! I could not have said that better myself!
(Seriously - I write in a very stilted style, due to years of writing mathematics.
I am proud of my math papers. However, it has gotten me into a bit of a bad habit
when I write prose - I fear other won't understand me or "catch my drift" unless I
write in a nearly Java-esque computer-programming style.)

YEAH! GO WORLD! Kick OCEANS in the butt!

I am glad to see there are a few Futurama and The Simpsons lovers on this forum
judging by the avatars!

And now our halftime salute to the BEST hemisphere in the world: the WESTERN hemisphere!
Feel free to write in any style you choose, speaking for myself I would probably have no problem conversing in assembly language, although it would probably be a little awkward. Unlike sports fans who have maybe 2 brain cells (1 of which is tied up with stats, erotic thoughts of their favorite players and devising plans on how to get into a pro locker room and hopefully catch a glimpse of the team naked), we are all of a higher intelligence so don't worry about us not getting the meaning of your posts.

Welcome aboard to ALL new posters!
DISCLAIMER: This welcome does not extend to posters who LOVE sports and feel the need to resort to juvenile name calling or made up stories of their sexual "encounters" and all-around JERKS!

Fitz301 :twisted:
You might be a sports fan/jerk if...
You've ever started a sentence with "Buddy of mine..." or "I got a buddy..."
resolvent

Why not report my GPA?

Post by resolvent »

Fitz301 wrote: Feel free to write in any style you choose, speaking for myself I would probably have no problem conversing in assembly language, although it would probably be a little awkward. Unlike sports fans who have maybe 2 brain cells (1 of which is tied up with stats, erotic thoughts of their favorite players and devising plans on how to get into a pro locker room and hopefully catch a glimpse of the team naked), we are all of a higher intelligence so don't worry about us not getting the meaning of your posts.
Fitz301 :twisted:
I should have saved an email my older brother sent me yesterday.
He initiated the conversation. He commented how the Olympics are the only sports
he loves. He remarked how he flipped the channel and saw how nauseating and stupid
the media was reporting the stats on when American football or baseball or basketball players "hit a ball or take a piss in the bathroom".

Why not have full media coverage of the microanalysis of my Grade Point Average (GPA)
in school? The microanalysis would include every score, every smiley-face I receive on a quiz, every "good question" or "good comment" I response I receive from my professors.

I agreed with my brother, but added that the nauseating media microanalysis of the Olympics is now, to me, just as sickening and enraging as those of regular non-Olympics sports.
Lewis

Post by Lewis »

I hate how fans pretend to be part of a sports team. They yell and scream and dance around, "Yayyy! We scored!" "We rule!"

I hate fans like that its not like what they say will make a difference and it is fans like that allow sports to continue. It is a shame that they don't make a fuss like that over more important things that really matter.
Detroitsportsfan08
Sports Bore

Post by Detroitsportsfan08 »

some people don't want to stay wrapped in politics all day and like to enjoy things that can't have any real harmful effect on them. Politics also aren't very entertaining. Just either good or bad.

Strange that people like to do things for entertainment, I know.
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

Don't backtalk Lewis! Lewis is a MEMBER --you're just a sp0rts bore. The lowest rank on this board.

Even if Lewis is wrong, as far as you're concerned, he's right. Got it, sp0rts bore?

But don't despair. As pledges, we all start at the bottom and work our way up. There's hope for you but you have to be prepared to work HARD. Pledging here is a process with multiple stages and can take up to a year and a half -depending on your progress and ability.

The biggest challenge for most pledges is proving yourself worthy of being made a brother. Will you uphold the ideals of the International I Hate Sports Club? Will you be someone the other members here will be proud to call a brother?

I Hope We Lose!
Detroitsportsfan08
Sports Bore

again, I bring up a valid point, and it's countered with ignorance and stupidity.

Good to see you haven't changed
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

Detroitsportsfan08 wrote:again, I bring up a valid point, and it's countered with ignorance and stupidity.

Good to see you haven't changed
he he he

Are you frustrated? GOOD!
:lol:

I Hope We Lose!
Detroitsportsfan08
Sports Bore

not exactly

I take solace in the fact in proving you don't know anything, and half the time are just talking out of your ass to try and make me look dumb.
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

Detroitsportsfan08 wrote:not exactly

I take solace in the fact in proving you don't know anything, and half the time are just talking out of your ass to try and make me look dumb.

and I do a remarkably good job --of making you look dumb. :lol:
but I shouldn't gloat. It's like shooting fish in a barrel. Slow fish.

I Hope We Lose!
sports rox1234

Post by sports rox1234 »

It's alright to watch sports on tv but you shouldn't just focus on that all the time.I bet they aren't rapped in politics all day they are probably doing something more educational then watching sports all day.I admit I do watch sports on tv and I play sports but I don't focus on that all the time I have other stuff to do after my sports season is over or a professional sports that I watch on tv is over for the season.And there are other things that are not sports that are entertaining.So I think that you should go and get a life Detroitsportsfan08.Your very dumb.
Detroitsportsfan08 wrote:some people don't want to stay wrapped in politics all day and like to enjoy things that can't have any real harmful effect on them. Politics also aren't very entertaining. Just either good or bad.

Strange that people like to do things for entertainment, I know.
I think the worst time to have a heart attack is when you are playing a game of charades...or a game of fake heart attack.
SamNewman

Post by SamNewman »

Who is "we"? The last time I checked, watching a game on TV happening two thousand miles away does not qualify someone as a member of the Bulldogs.

You are not alone, I have always said this! I say this to my wife every time I hear someone say "we". I think she understands me when I ask "who is this we?"

Do people who say "we" have some vested interest in the club/team they are purporting to be a part of?
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

Well, it's been my experience that they ACTUALLY feel like they themselves accomplished something when "their" team --three states away --accomplishes something!

They have some kind of irrational emotional attachment.

Example: I was talking to two guys at work and noticed that they both had alligators on their shirts. I made a joke: hey, are they having a sale on alligator shirts?! :)

And they got mad! The alligators are emblems for some Florida sports team --oh the Gators. And they were wearing two different versions. How am III supposed to know??

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/4 ... AA280_.jpg

I Hope We Lose!