hate all sport

This forum is dedicated to expressing how much football and soccer suck!
ismokinghatesport

hate all sport

Post by ismokinghatesport »

I hate all of sport,no possible open tv and see all day sport,a work listen people talk sport all day-For me banned all sport,in litle age my mom teach me a hate sport,and i happy because sport is very shit of word.Thank you for that wonderfull site.
wibberley

Re: hate all sport

Post by wibberley »

i agree with th the above,and i would like to engage in more conversation with you.i am 46 years old and i have pathalogically hated sports all my life.even on this forum i was once banned as i hated it that much ,even to the point of wishing death upon all sports fans.if you read the letters board you will observe someone called glen who says all sports fans should be put against a wall and shot and killed
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

wibberley wrote:i agree with th the above,and i would like to engage in more conversation with you.i am 46 years old and i have pathalogically hated sports all my life.even on this forum i was once banned as i hated it that much ,even to the point of wishing death upon all sports fans.if you read the letters board you will observe someone called glen who says all sports fans should be put against a wall and shot and killed
Actually, you said that people who like pop music should be killed, or any kind of music after the 1930s.

I have often said that sports fans should be shot, and that jocks should be castrated, or ground up into lunch meat to feed the homeless, so I have said some really radical stuff, and was never banned for that.

So, get your facts straight.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Earl

Post by Earl »

wibberley wrote:i agree with th the above,and i would like to engage in more conversation with you.i am 46 years old and i have pathalogically hated sports all my life.even on this forum i was once banned as i hated it that much ,even to the point of wishing death upon all sports fans.if you read the letters board you will observe someone called glen who says all sports fans should be put against a wall and shot and killed
Hi, wibberley! :) I'm glad you've chosen to post here again, and I hope you continue to do so.

I've thought about the occasion when you were banned (albeit temporarily). I'm embarrassed to say I now don't remember why I banned you. I owe you an apology. I should never have banned you. Your statements are no more extreme than some of Fat Man's. I now recognize that I didn't treat you fairly -- although I will say that as a moderator of this forum (Oh, what am I saying? Currently I'm the only moderator of this forum) I did personally delete several of Fat Man's posts, such as the one in which he thought bullied school kids should murder their bullies. So, again, wibberley, I apologize to you. I was unfair to you.

I admit I'm a moderate. But I do recognize that this forum is not my own. I didn't create this website; so, I have to allow the expression of extreme views, even though I may not agree with them. In order to remain true to my own convictions, I should counter views I consider to be extreme with my own. I'm not going to ban a member on the basis of extreme views because this forum is not my personal property.

I would like to say, though, that even though I'm a moderate, I don't have a passive interest in sports, which means I have no desire to ever participate in any sport. In fact, I never had any interest in sports, except when I realized that the sports culture was hurting some kids. I have committed myself to a bodybuilding program and have even hired a personal trainer at a local health club, but I don't consider bodybuilding to be a sport. It's a fitness activity, an exercise program -- not a sport. A sport is a physical game or contest, not an exercise program. (Incidentally, one of the links featured elsewhere at this website features a post from a guy who's very much a bodybuilder, certainly a great deal more advanced in his bodybuilding than I am at this point in time. He says many of the fellow members at his health club who considered him to be a "man's man" because of his muscular development are amazed when they learn he has no interest in or use for sports. He actually speaks scornfully of "pear-shaped" sports fans who spend hours in front of their TVs eating fattening junk food while he himself, the bodybuilder, spends the time making love with his wife -- the bodybuilder's own wife, that is. :lol: )

Also, as far as a passive interest in sports is concerned, I do have a strong interest in the negative aspects of the school sports culture. I'm very concerned about the sports culture marginalizing nonathletic boys. Sports also ruined the mandatory boys' P.E. of my generation. The only justification for a mandatory P.E. class is to encourage students to be physically healthy. There is absolutely no valid reason for sports to be mandatory. A child who is not even interested in sports should never be forced to participate in team games in mandatory P.E. classes. A sure recipe for bullying, if there ever was one. The child doesn't even get any exercise, anyway. Some sports, incidentally, aren't exactly conducive to good health, to put it mildly. I once read a comment by a medical doctor in his syndicated column during the 1980s that the human body was not designed for playing football.

There are individual athletes or men with athletic backgrounds whom I will defend, including several who are close friends. (The one who played football at the university where he earned his degree in sociology recently told me, to paraphrase, "There are two different kinds of guys in sports. There are athletes; and there are jocks, who are the bullies. I am an athlete, not a jock.") There are a few who realize the sports culture has harmful aspects to it, and they speak out against them. I'm not a moderate in my view that the sports culture must be changed.

Anyway, keep posting, wibberley. I encourage you to do so.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
wibberley

Post by wibberley »

i am surprised fat man says i should get my facts right,after all it was he who said of me that i was more psycho and nutso than he could ever be and that he stould in the presence of greatness-a remark that has built up my vself-esteem ever since.regarding body-building,i used to do it about 20 years ago although i didnt continue with it
wibberley

Post by wibberley »

hello earl.its good to be back again after a couple of years.i noticed i like 1981 seems to have stopped posting,why is that.there are a couple of individuals who have joined the workplace which brings a relief from an atmosphere where sport is discussed 24/7
Earl

Post by Earl »

wibberley wrote:i am surprised fat man says i should get my facts right,after all it was he who said of me that i was more psycho and nutso than he could ever be and that he stould in the presence of greatness-a remark that has built up my vself-esteem ever since.
You're absolutely right. :) I remember Fat Man's declaration. :)
wibberley wrote:regarding body-building,i used to do it about 20 years ago although i didnt continue with it
Any guy who takes up bodybuilding needs the instruction of a qualified physical trainer. Regarding the necessity of executing weight-lifting exercises correctly (i.e., "proper form"), this is one of the reasons why a physical trainer should be hired, assuming that the health club member can financially afford the expense. For example, on one occasion when I was working out by myself, I grabbed the wrong handles on a weight-training machine that was designed for executing two different exercises, with the result that I now have a minor injury in my right elbow that has yet to heal. (Fortunately, the minor injury doesn't interfere with any of my workouts.) Diet is also a very important consideration. The American actor Tony Randall once tried to build up his physique for about a year, but failed. Quite likely, his metabolic rate burned calories at too high a rate to allow for a calorie surplus each night. Individuals have different metabolic rates. There's a reason why some people are so prone to becoming overweight while others remain slim (if not outright scrawny), even when they eat the same amount of food. A calorie surplus is needed for muscle repair. Calorie deficits can be overcome by changes in the beginner's diet. I must say that I wouldn't have continued to stay on a bodybuilding program without the assistance of a physical trainer. Were it not for the physical trainers I've hired since I joined my local health club, I probably would have stopped working out by now. I give credit to them.
wibberley wrote:hello earl.its good to be back again after a couple of years.
I'm glad you came back. :) As you can see, this forum is now almost as dead as a doornail.
wibberley wrote:i noticed i like 1981 seems to have stopped posting,why is that.
I_like_1981 has left us permanently :( because he's given up on board messaging anywhere on the Internet, and I can see why. (I even considered leaving at one point myself; but if I did, I'm afraid this website would suffer. There needs to be at least one website for those of us who are alienated from the sports culture for one reason or another.) He got sick and tired of arguing with sports fans, having to repeat himself over and over again. He has no complaints against any of the members here. I really miss him. I enjoyed reading his posts. His departure hurt this forum. He made a valuable contribution. He's also a first-class gentleman, a really nice guy. I once wrote an OP about an American war veteran who had served in Europe during World War II, when he was captured by German troops and incarcerated in a Nazi concentration camp instead of a P.O.W. camp. A sister of his who was working as a store clerk told me about him once when I was making a purchase. I assume she and her family were Jewish. She told me her brother had been an athlete in high school (a football player, I assume) and had a powerful physique when he left for Europe. When the camp was liberated, he was sent back to the U.S., where his parents and sister were shocked at his emaciated condition. His muscular build had been lost to deliberate starvation. Despite his background of physical bullying by jocks in school, I_like_1981 felt compassion for this traumatized G.I. and made an observation that had never occurred to me: Perhaps this young guy had been considering a career after the war as a professional athlete. That would mean the Nazis had stolen his dream by what they did to his body. (I didn't have the heart to ask his sister if he had suffered any other forms of torture at the hands of his captors.) Like I said, i_like_1981 is a really nice guy, a real gentleman. I miss him. :(
wibberley wrote:... there are a couple of individuals who have joined the workplace which brings a relief from an atmosphere where sport is discussed 24/7
I'm lucky that the workplace where I was formely employed before I retired was not dominated by the presence of sports fans who disrespect others who don't happen to share their enthusiasm for sports.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Ex fan

Post by Ex fan »

It's not the individual sports that I'm against, but the dreary corporate sponsored, always on the television team variety and in particular the boring oiks that want to discuss football all the time. This stupid game I would quite happily eradicate as it is dumbing down the whole population. I tried to get into it and couldn't.