I hate basketball

Professional Thuggery! And yet some people actually spend money to watch! Unbelievable!

I hate basketball

Post by guest »

I hate basketball. I can't think of a more appropriate showcase for arrogance. I hope that one day America will wake up and rediscover its traditonal values. And I hope that basketball will become so unpopular that tickets will go unsold even if they cost a nickel. Basketball sucks!
Skul
Forum Admin

Post by Skul »

Welcome to the forum of the only people who aren't under the control of sports! :D

I agree that basketball sucks! All it is is a bunch of freakishly tall guys running around in their underwear throwing a ball into a hoop!
Forum Rules

SportsSuck.org. Bringing you the truth... no matter how bad it hurts.

Love and Tolerance!
bdictjames

Re: I hate basketball

Post by bdictjames »

guest wrote:I hate basketball. I can't think of a more appropriate showcase for arrogance. I hope that one day America will wake up and rediscover its traditonal values. And I hope that basketball will become so unpopular that tickets will go unsold even if they cost a nickel. Basketball sucks!
What exactly are America's traditional values? Isn't it respect and all that good stuff? That's why people are getting suspended for not being appropriate role models in the NBA.. heck that's what basketball teaches
Skul
Forum Admin

Post by Skul »

So basketball teaches respect and all that good stuff, eh? (Whatever 'all that good stuff' is.)

How do you learn respect and 'all that good stuff' by running about, throwing a ball into a hoop?

Basketball players are being suspended for not being good role models, are they? That's pretty stupid. What, so everybody should look up to these overpaid freaks, for some reason? Oh wait, no real reason necessary -- they're sports players, and that's reason enough.

Please. :roll:
Forum Rules

Love and Tolerance!
Ray
Site Admin

Re: I hate basketball

Post by Ray »

bdictjames wrote:
guest wrote:I hate basketball. I can't think of a more appropriate showcase for arrogance. I hope that one day America will wake up and rediscover its traditonal values. And I hope that basketball will become so unpopular that tickets will go unsold even if they cost a nickel. Basketball sucks!
What exactly are America's traditional values? Isn't it respect and all that good stuff? That's why people are getting suspended for not being appropriate role models in the NBA.. heck that's what basketball teaches
Basketball teaches "respect and all that good stuff"??
I don't know what channel you've been watching but, from what I hear on the news, basket ball players rape women and brag about laying over 1,000 women. They go to jail regularly for doing drugs and using guns and as far as I can tell are indistinguishable from the gangsta rappers. I don't think that's a good example for kids.

I Hope We Lose!
swabby429

basketball sucks

Post by swabby429 »

Just seeing the words of fellow humans who loathe basketball makes me feel better.

I am employed in radio and am trapped into listening to the constant droaning of high school basketball play by play. This time of year...late Feb and early March we have state tournament play for both boys and girls. I'm at wit's end and patience levels to the breaking point. I'm counting down the days to the end of this year's basketball hell. Then we can have a return of back to back music on the airwaves!

Sometimes I want to crawl out of my skin as the droaning and hype contiunes.
Ray
Site Admin

Re: basketball sucks

Post by Ray »

swabby429 wrote:Just seeing the words of fellow humans who loathe basketball makes me feel better.

I am employed in radio and am trapped into listening to the constant droaning of high school basketball play by play. This time of year...late Feb and early March we have state tournament play for both boys and girls. I'm at wit's end and patience levels to the breaking point. I'm counting down the days to the end of this year's basketball hell. Then we can have a return of back to back music on the airwaves!

Sometimes I want to crawl out of my skin as the droaning and hype contiunes.
Welcome, comrade! You have found sanctuary! :)

That must suck. To be unable to escape it and have to actually listen to it! I don't know which I hate worse: basketball or football --those are the two worst offenders. I think football because around here people are crazy about it and won't shut up about it. I don't hear as much about basketball. If I did, IT would be the worst because the game itself is so boring --just running back and forth and sinking baskets. At least, in football (and I'm not condoning football), they stop at intervals and make plans (apparently) and resume mashing each other up.

I Hope We Lose!
swabby429

Post by swabby429 »

Thanks Ray!

Yep, basketball is extremely boring. If the score gets close, there are timeouts in the 4th quarter seemingly every 10-seconds. Then the horrid possiblility of overtime periods...that's when I want to just walk out the door and scream.

I've learned to listen for commercial cues from the sports director while I concentrate on a newspaper or magazine article about something infinitly more interesting than play by play.
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

swabby429 wrote: Then the horrid possiblility of overtime periods...that's when I want to just walk out the door and scream.
he he he
swabby429 wrote:
I've learned to listen for commercial cues from the sports director while I concentrate on a newspaper or magazine article about something infinitly more interesting than play by play.
That's good --at least you can ignore it a little while. Do your co-workers feel the same way? Or are they ate up with "the game"? That's interesting. There's probably thousands of sports fans who would love to have your job --just think --to be on the floor AND get paid for it! ha ha ha ha --of course they'd probably do a terrible job of it.

I Hope We Lose!
swabby429

Post by swabby429 »

High school basketball finally ends in the midwest! At least for a couple of months.

I see recently that Michael Jordan was fined for some recruiting infraction or another. I thought he was the lone squeaky clean figure in basketball. Not that I'm all that surprised, just a little off guard.

Oh well, March madness is almost over. We'll all be bombarded with boredom over baseball games and golf matches. Yippie!
abitagirl

Post by abitagirl »

There needs to be at least a couple of sports-free weeks between each sports season. :roll: I am getting pretty sick of turning on the news only to find a basketball game on EVERY SINGLE DAY, so I should be relieved that March Madness is almost over, but now baseball and golf are going to do the same thing. At least it shouldn't be every day though.
Fitz301

Post by Fitz301 »

Kinda makes you wonder why there's so many unused sports channels on cable that they need to force it down our throats on the standard channels. There's something like 4 or 5 ESPN's and yet my favorite shows still get preempted for stupid sport's! Pisses me off!

Fitz301
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

Fitz301 wrote:Kinda makes you wonder why there's so many unused sports channels on cable that they need to force it down our throats on the standard channels. There's something like 4 or 5 ESPN's and yet my favorite shows still get preempted for stupid sport's! Pisses me off!

Fitz301
that's a good question! There's so many open cable channels --why can't they put some suddenly -have-to-see-it-right-now sports program on the vacant, unused channels rather than pre-empting a show in progress? That's a very good question. I don't understand how pre-empting a scheduled program is even acceptable --unless planes are crashing into towers and the authorities need to warn us to take cover or aliens have landed --there is no excuse. Next time a show gets pre-empted, I'll write my cable provider and ask. Maybe I can ask my cable provider for a rebate equivalent to the lost viewing time --plus my pain and suffering! :)
If enough people hound them maybe they'll stop that preempting crap!

I Hope We Lose!
Fitz301

Post by Fitz301 »

Tried that. But like every sports fan who doesn't what to hear something bad about sports; they just ignored me.

Fitz301
Skul
Forum Admin

Post by Skul »

Don't give up. A couple of years ago, my uncle once said something like: One person writing a letter is equivalent to ten people. Ten people writing a letter is equivalent to a hundred people.

This wasn't in a discussion about sports, but a general conversation which led him into saying that statement. Who knows? Might be true! :)
Forum Rules

Love and Tolerance!