Sports "nerds," traitors??

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
sportslover
Sportsman

Re: Sports "nerds," traitors??

Post by sportslover »

Yes, it's okay to be a little redneck, believe me where I live there are alot of em....

ANyways, so we kind of differ on our view of guns too, which is okay, really. I've always had a interest in other things then sports too.

I love reading and like Star Wars, well it's in my top ten fav movies at least. I like to write and have been working on a novel I am writing again lately. I'd love to one day take Fencing lessons, yes fencing lessons. Mostly cause of my love of history and the Medieval times all the awesome swordplay and such.

Yes I'm sort of a nerd here too, so I'm like you guys only I also like sports!
Earl

Post by Earl »

And, unfortunately, I wouldn't qualify as a "nerd," strictly speaking. Because of poor study habits and emtional problems, I didn't excel academically in junior high or high school, although there were a few classes I aced. (Ideally, I should have been an iron pumping nerd in high school, with some boxing skills as well --- not for the purpose of competing in boxing matches, but simply for self-defense against bullies). Not only that, I've never had an interest in any board games or video games (although I did like the early Sonic the Hedgehog video games since they actually told stories). The point is that in real life stereotypes often don't hold! :)
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Good morning Earl.

I once knew a boxer who was very superstitious.

He would put a horse shoe in his boxing glove for good luck! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

sportslover wrote: . . . . . so we kind of differ on our view of guns too, which is okay, really.
Well, I'm just glad you and I agree on this whole Zimmerman thing, that we both agree that he is a coward.

Yeah! I have the perfect gun for people like Zimmerman!

But, since I believe that a responsible adult should be able of own a gun to protect one's home, then, to protect your kids against sexual predators and pedophiles, you should have one of these handy spray cans.

It's an UZI, made in Israel, so, it's Kosher.

Yeah, I also believe in the death penalty for rapists and pedophiles.

This is what should happen to guys who stick their peckers where they don't belong!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Fitman's Brother
Sports Bore

Post by Fitman's Brother »

Fat Man: We're not speaking of my brother here. You are still expressing hatred, and that needs to stop.
sportslover
Sportsman

Post by sportslover »

Earl wrote:And, unfortunately, I wouldn't qualify as a "nerd," strictly speaking. Because of poor study habits and emtional problems, I didn't excel academically in junior high or high school, although there were a few classes I aced. (Ideally, I should have been an iron pumping nerd in high school, with some boxing skills as well --- not for the purpose of competing in boxing matches, but simply for self-defense against bullies). Not only that, I've never had an interest in any board games or video games (although I did like the early Sonic the Hedgehog video games since they actually told stories). The point is that in real life stereotypes often don't hold! :)
Boxing and martial arts are sweet, as I've said before on the forum.

Anyways, I don't exactly fit any stereotype either, I like sports, I like video games...., I like reading, I like history and swordplay. Big Roman, Greek and Midieval times nerd here.... Even gone to a far of those festivals for it where I live.... Heh
Earl

Post by Earl »

As I've said on a previous occasion, I wasn't following this thread closely, because I had been ill with a bad throat infection. I was too fatigued from lack of sleep to follow it. Now that I'm recovering, I've looked at this thread more closely; and I'm first going to comment on some statements made by other members.
DanTran wrote:In relation to sportlovers comment:

No entertainment. A smart person shouldn't engage in such trivial things. Reading and listening to classical music is the only entertainment an "intelligent" person should be interested in.

Everything else makes you a sheep.
Really? I didn't know intelligent people were subject to strict rules you have made for them. By the way, why did you enclose the word "intelligent" with quotation marks? Doesn't seem like they would be needed in that sentence. So, you define what makes someone a sheep? Don't be silly.
DanTran wrote:If anything, Fat Man's touching story is all one needs to say that sports should be eliminated, and sport fans destroyed!
Yikes! Shades of Hitler and Stalin! This has got to be one of the most nonsensical statements I've ever heard. Congratulations! You've outdone Fat Man. You actually believe what you say? Were it not for the hurt feelings around here, I'd be rolling on the floor with laughter right now.
Fat Man wrote:... the typical sports fan who has the mind of a 2 year old! ... After the games, sports fans go charging out into the streets, like the proverbial bull in a China Shop, breaking shop window, setting fires, overturning cars, raping and pillaging!
Don't you understand that when you engage in such outlandish rhetoric, people will laugh at you and not take you seriously? I'm not meaning to be unkind; I'm just pointing out a sad reality.
DanTran wrote:Everything that the masses do, makes you a sheep. That's where the term comes from, follow the flock.
Sez you. What's the virture in being an elitist? I've noticed at another website that the charge of elitism is frequently hurled at anyone who has any problem with the negative aspects of the school sports culture, a charge that is frequently false; but you feed that stereotype.

Do you really believe your elitist line?
Fat Man wrote:[addressed to sportslover] I wish all the fucking retards like you could be exterminated.
Wishing death upon others merely because of a disagreement will never favorably impress most people. It's not the gentlemanly or mature thing to do.
DanTran wrote:People shouldn't like sports, and people shouldn't be allowed to participate in them or enjoy them.
Do you actually believe this stuff you're saying? Are you a totalitarian guy? Again, you've made yourself even more extreme than Fat Man. That means you've truly gone off the deep end, assuming you actually believe what you're saying. What are you trying to do, make us look bad with your completely intolerant comments? I personally don't care to be thought of as some kind of bigot by association with extremist comments such as yours, which truly are absurd and silly. Actually sounds humorous.
HugeFanOfBadReligion wrote:The majority of the posts here don't come from people who refuse to help children suffering from cancer because they're too good for a game of softball.
DanTran wrote:[in response to HugeFan] Than why are you the only one to mention it?

Neither Fat Man nor Earl felt it necessary to point out. If they weren't troubled by it, why are you so?
The reason I didn't say anything was because I wasn't following the thread closely, due to my illness. Please don't make unfounded assumptions, DanTran.

And now for a general observation: DanTran, you have disrupted this forum. I believe you deliberately baited sportslover for the purpose of setting him and Fat Man against each other, which you most certainly succeeded in doing. Before you came along, the two of them had arrived at a peace. You've cast aspersions on HugeFan, who is one of our most thoughtful and decent members. Your professed elitism and your extreme comments about sports and sports fans are so ludicrous that I have difficulty believing they represent your actual views. You seem intent on causing trouble. I don't trust you.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
sportslover
Sportsman

Post by sportslover »

Hmm seems you're right, he still hasn't come back. NIce one, Earl. Glad you got him!!

*cheer*!