Sports "nerds," traitors??

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Weltall

Re: Sports "nerds," traitors??

Post by Weltall »

You are so busy trying to prove yourself right Fat Man that you don't realize that guy just wanted to make his neighborhood safe, he never initiated combat, he got attacked, what did you expect him to do? stay put while getting beaten? what if you had a gun and some jock started beating you alone on an alley, and you feared for your life? wouldn't you use it?

Btw Hey everyone
Brigan

Post by Brigan »

make no mistake, If I own a gun amd if you really were to come at me with a lead pipe on your... pffft.. on your... hahahaa... powered wheelchair. I'll gun you down
:P

Nah just kidding, I'll just shoot the battery and will hose you down with water again.
i_like_1981 wrote:I respect a person who uses the knowledge they have of our language to come onto a forum with an opposing view and attempt to have a decent discussion. He's trying his best. Defend your points all you want, Fat Man, but it's unfair to insult his English skills when he's not a native speaker and is trying his hardest to communicate with us.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Hey Brigooooooonnn!!!

I have been reading up on Zimmerman.

Turns out he has a criminal record.

So, he should not have been Captain of his Neighborhood Watch group!

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-ne ... s-revealed
George Zimmerman's criminal records revealed

George Zimmerman's criminal records have been revealed. The records show that he does not have a clean past and has had several brushes with the law.

The Tryavon Martin shooting case is in full swing. Recently, an investigation into George Zimmerman's past life was carried out. The investigation revealed that George Zimmerman had had several brushes with the law and was even arrested on an occasion.

Before the investigation was carried out, Trayvon Martin was the focus of the case and several facts about him had emerged as well. It turned out that Martin had been suspended from school for possession of an empty marijuana bag. This particular fact was overplayed in the court hearing, but according to Martin's lawyer, he was just a boy in his experimenting years and none of that showed that he had a troubled or violent personality.

On the other hand, Zimmerman's records show that he does have an aggressive personality.

George Zimmerman has been accused of domestic violence, tussling with a police officer and for over-speeding.

In 2005, Zimmerman was arrested and charged with "resisting officer with violence" and "battery of law enforcement officer." Both these felonies are considered third-degree. Due to his desperate attempts, the charges were reduced to "resisting officer without violence" and then the only remaining charge was also completely waived off when he entered an alcohol education program.

In the same year (2005), Zimmerman's ex-fiance, Veronica Zuazo, filed a civil motion for a restraining order, alleging domestic violence. In retaliation, Zimmerman filed for a retraining order against Zuazo and both these claims were resolved with both restraining orders granted.

The next year, in 2006, Zimmerman was charged with speeding. However, that case was dismissed because the officer who charged him failed to show up at the court.

These records show that Zimmerman does not have a very clean past either. However, according to his side of the story, it was Trayvon Martin who attacked him and he killed the kid in self-defense.

According to the details, Zimmerman and Martin got into a fight and Martin was able to punch him down and hit him several times on the side-walk. According to Zimmerman, it was him and not Martin who was crying out for help and at one point, Martin even tried to wrench the gun out of his hands.
Yeah! Well, judging by Zimmerman's past record, he's a lying sack of shit.

I seriously doubt that Trayvon was able to grab the gun away from Zimmerman.

Yeah, Trayvon once got caught with an empty bag of weed. Big fucking deal!!!

I guess carrying a can of Ice Tea and a bag of Skittles is and even worse crime!

Also, Zimmerman has a record of domestic violence. So, he's a scum-bag who beats his wife.

My stepfather would sometimes come home drunk on his ass and beat up on my mother and I, so I know what it's like to be a victim of domestic violence.

I hope Zimmerman gets put away for life.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Brigan

Post by Brigan »

Did you really think that all he ever touch was a Empty bag of Weed?

Did you not read the Images I posted yesterday?

He was a dealer, something he proudly did over facebook.

also I eagerly await your reply on Weltall's post. Let's see how big of a hipocrite you really are.

I'll resume tomorrow. I have work to do.
i_like_1981 wrote:I respect a person who uses the knowledge they have of our language to come onto a forum with an opposing view and attempt to have a decent discussion. He's trying his best. Defend your points all you want, Fat Man, but it's unfair to insult his English skills when he's not a native speaker and is trying his hardest to communicate with us.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Weltall wrote:You are so busy trying to prove yourself right Fat Man that you don't realize that guy just wanted to make his neighborhood safe, he never initiated combat, he got attacked, what did you expect him to do? stay put while getting beaten? what if you had a gun and some jock started beating you alone on an alley, and you feared for your life? wouldn't you use it?
Zimmerman was advised by 911 to stay in his car, and NOT to get out to follow the suspect!

If he had followed their advise, none of this would have happened, and we wouldn't be having this discussion right now!

Anyway, Zimmerman does not have a perfect record himself. He was a wife beater, and he even assaulted a police officer.

So, how in the fucking Hell was he able to be Captain of his Neighborhood Watch?

Something is seriously wrong here!

The worse thing I ever did in my life was fail to climb a rope in a gymnasium (due to a crippled up left knee, the result of a car accident) when I was in school, and I got suspended from school, and was not allowed to get a decent education.

Yeah! People who are physically handicapped sometimes get treated like criminals here in the good ol' USA!

So, I was treated like a criminal, for being physically handicapped, and for not liking sports!

If I were black, I would probably be dead now!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Weltall

Post by Weltall »

Fat Man wrote:
Zimmerman was advised by 911 to stay in his car, and NOT to get out to follow the suspect!

If he had followed their advise, none of this would have happened, and we wouldn't be having this discussion right now!
But he did it anway, he followed his gut that he was up to no good, also, nobody is perfect, he was doing some service trying to watch over his neighborhood from burglars and dealers.
Fat Man wrote: The worse thing I ever did in my life was fail to climb a rope in a gymnasium (due to a crippled up left knee, the result of a car accident) when I was in school, and I got suspended from school, and was not allowed to get a decent education.
That's not the answer to my question all I want is a simple yes or no to: what if you had a gun and some jock started beating you alone on an alley, called for help and nobody is coming and you feared for your life? wouldn't you use it?
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

In response to Weltall

Actually, I think Trayvon should have struck Zimmerman even harder, and punched his lights out!

Then, while Zimmerman laid there unconscious, flat on his back, the toes of his boots pointing toward Orion in the dark of night, Trayvon could have walked safely home, finished his Ice Tea and gave the bag of Skittles to his little brother.

In the meantime, Zimmerman would eventually regain consciousness, got back up on his feet, and staggered back to his car and drove home, changed his diapers, and went to bed.

The only injuries he would have suffered was to his dignity!

sportslover
Sportsman

Post by sportslover »

DanTran wrote:This thread really blew up.

HugeFan: For someone on "our side," you seem to be siding with the sports fans. "Dedicated to the eradication of sports." You might think it's tongue in cheek, but for people like Fat Man and I, it's all too real.

People shouldn't like sports, and people shouldn't be allowed to participate in them or enjoy them. I lost my job because of sports (if you haven't read it, I made a thread all about it). Sports forced me to punch a man in the face. Sports forced me to do drugs in college. Sports have also destroyed Fat Man's childhood and his chance at a decent education. To try and defend sports as a normal hobby that even geniuses can take part in is misunderstanding the problem. Einstein fucked his cousin (or something like that). Is that okay? You seem to be "rooting" for these scientists like many assholes root for football players...
HugeFanOfBadReligion wrote:I don't see how you could question the intelligence of someone who made a tremendous amount of innovation in the field of physics (something which can only be done by the brightest people) simply because they have an interest in sports. If they demonstrate a high level of intelligence, and contribute to the world with their knowledge, why should a person's interests that only affect their personal lives have any influence on their intellectual reputation?
That's like the whole point of this forum.
HugeFanOfBadReligion wrote: I'm sure geniuses have many normal interests, you just won't find them in the biographies of those people because normal things aren't really worth mentioning.
Someone thought they were worth mentioning. You know of Feynman's bongo playing and strip club hopping. And btw, these geniuses dedicate their entire lives to their work. I find it hard to believe that many of them would even have time to watch sports, or even want to. Don't mistake eccentricity for normalcy.

Hey, if you can find me a genius , a noteworthy one who watched sports and enjoyed it (IQ levels and everything) then maybe I can calm down with my judgements. Until that happens, sports are for idiots.

Sportlover's comments are proof of it.

So now you dare to call me an idiot you fucking LOSER!

I am highly intelligent I was reading at 2 years old you fucking asshole!! I was always WAY FAR ahead of every reader in my class throughout school! I was reading on a high school level in the 6th grade pal!

JUst cause I like sports that makes me stupid. Well you know why I have been posting the way I have? Cause people like you piss me off. Coming on here and whinning and bitching about how you lost your job supposedly because of sports.

Well here is some truth for you pal. Sports did NOT lose you your job. YOU DID! YOU did not have to hit that man in the face. Sports DID NOT make you punch that man in the face. YOu could of walked away and dealt with it differently but you didn't. Therefore YOU are the bad person in that situation NOT the sports people

Sports didn't MAKE you do drugs in college you CHOSE to do fucking drugs in college you fucking asshole!!

You know what the funniest thing about this is? Fatman makes far more offensive posts then I do yet you call me the moron!!

Why don't you look at your pal fatass as the dumbass here since his posts are far more offensive and have far more attacks on sports fans

I've had enough of this anti sports crap and how supposedly bad it is for society. Please without sports we'd probably all be killing each other more then we already do. Sports is a way to let out agression, compete and blow off some steam. I couldn't imagine what this country could be like without sports.

Don't ever question my IQ again buddy, cause I am probably far more intelligent then you!!
sportslover
Sportsman

Post by sportslover »

Fat Man wrote:OK, sportslover!!!

I WISH YOU HAD BEEN IN A CAR ACCIDENT, AND HAD A CRIPPLED UP KNEE, AND WHEN YOU WERE IN SCHOOL HAD BEEN UNABLE TO RUN, AND WALKED WITH A LIMP, AND THEN GOT SUSPENDED FROM SCHOOL FOR FAILING TO CLIMB A STUPID ROPE IN THE GYMNASIUM EVEN THOUGH YOU WERE PASSING ALL YOUR OTHER ACADEMIC SUBJECTS!

THEN YOU MIGHT UNDERSTAND BETTER HOW I FEEL!

MY LIFE WAS FUCKED UP BECAUSE OF SPORTS IN SCHOOL! IT EVENTUALLY LEAD TO MY HAVING AN EMOTIONAL AND MENTAL BREAKDOWN AND I SPENT THREE WEEKS IN THE STATE MENTAL HOSPITAL WHERE I WAS BEATEN BY THE WARD ATTENDANTS AND ONE NIGHT RAPED BY AN OLDER MAN!

WHEN I CAME HOME I WAS ALL FUCKED UP IN MY HEAD BECAUSE OF IT!

AND IT'S ALL BECAUSE WE HAVE TO HAVE SPORTS IN OUR SCHOOLS!

WE DON'T NEED SPORTS AND NOT EVERYBODY IS GOING TO LIKE SPORTS!

SO, GET OVER IT!!!

And yes, chess is a great game.

I was once in this coffer house where they had chess games.

I loved the atmosphere, classical music pipe in, shelves loaded with books, people playing chess having intellectual conversations. It was cool and relaxing.

Much better than going into a sports bar where they have 3 big screens TV with the volume turned up to the max, each one on a different game, and a bunch of smelly rednecks with their pants sliding half-way down on their butts showing off their ass-cracks and yelling at the TV screens.

I wish all the fucking retards like you could be exterminated.

Then America would be a much nicer place to live, there would be no more Republicans, no more jocks, we would have better schools where the good students won't have to worry about jock-bullies.

. . . and I would not have to worry about getting . . . . .

BEATEN AND RAPED!

NOW GO EAT SHIT AND DIE!

Chess is the most worthless stupid useless game on earth buddy!!

You just had a bad school experience with them caring ONLY for sports. NOt all schools are like that. Just cause you had a bad experience with sports people DOES not make them all bad. We've been through this in previous posts but obviously you've turned into super asshole again with me.

But you know what it's alright, it's obvious you are wrong in your extreme opinions and will hopefully one day see that, just like Mr Dantran my other "buddy"

And yes Brigon, it is awesome to see the human body pushed to the limits of it's abilities and skills as I have been saying before. Least someone supports me here!
HugeFanOfBadReligion

Post by HugeFanOfBadReligion »

I tried to be reasonable in my last few posts, but now after reading DanTran's ridiculously ignorant comment, I'm not going to be as polite to Dan as I tried to be before.
DanTran wrote:HugeFan: For someone on "our side," you seem to be siding with the sports fans. "Dedicated to the eradication of sports." You might think it's tongue in cheek, but for people like Fat Man and I, it's all too real.
So what, now I'm a traitor? Seriously? Grow up, stop acting like a child. I've argued with people for and against this site many times, I don't choose one side regardless of who is actually more rational. If someone makes an ignorant post, I may argue against them regardless of whose side they are on. And right now, you are by far more irrational and ignorant than any of the sports fans in this thread. Only the trolls who come on here solely to anger people make less intelligent posts than you, and that's probably because they're actually trying to be as unintelligent as they can.
People shouldn't like sports, and people shouldn't be allowed to participate in them or enjoy them. I lost my job because of sports (if you haven't read it, I made a thread all about it). Sports forced me to punch a man in the face. Sports forced me to do drugs in college.
You idiot. You knowingly went to a party where you knew the only reason for it was because of sports. You had a choice not to go. You went anyway, and then when you rudely started criticizing them because of something you don't like even though you didn't have to be there in the first place, and when the host tried to get you to leave his own house, you punched him in the face? If you blame sports for that, you are a pathetic human being. You got yourself fired, stop trying to feel better about yourself by blaming it on yourself. On top of that, you also chose to do drugs in college, sports didn't make that decision.

Additionally, because of what you said about the charities at your workplace, not only do you seem to be irrational, you seem to be immoral. There's nothing wrong with a charity that allows handicapped people to participate in sports. They should be able to choose to play sports if they wish, just like other people have the ability to do, and I find it sickening that you think otherwise. You haven't been around this forum for long, so you may not have noticed that many of the regular posters here do not actually want the eradication of sports at all, they just want people to be able to have the ability not to be involved in sports without being ridiculed if they are not interested in sports. They want people to have a choice over whether or not they wish to be involved with sports. And by having something against a charity that gives handicapped people that choice, not only is it an immoral opinion, but you're also going against the ideas of many members of this forum. Who's the traitor now?

The second charity you mentioned makes you an even worse person. It's a charity that doesn't promote sports, but simply uses them to help their cause to assist children suffering from cancer. And you wouldn't be involved simply because you couldn't get over your hatred for sports. Playing in one little softball game would not harm anyone, but you still refused to help children dying from cancer. You seriously lack any sense of morality.
To try and defend sports as a normal hobby that even geniuses can take part in is misunderstanding the problem. Einstein fucked his cousin (or something like that). Is that okay? You seem to be "rooting" for these scientists like many assholes root for football players...
Wow, now you're saying that scientists are also bad people, not only athletes? Fat Man, do you have anything to say about this? Apparently Dan is not okay with looking up to scientists who have made enormous contributions to society with their knowledge that has been used for countless useful applications such as medicine, computers, electricity. Many intellectuals have flaws, but in the case of Einstein, his flaws only affected those in his personal life. I don't care about Einstein's personal flaws and his relationship with his cousin, because I don't look up to Einstein as a guide on how to live my personal life, I don't look up to scientists for moral guidelines (something which you seriously lack). I only look up to their devotion to science and their incredible intellectual abilities that have helped the world enormously. Einstein's personal flaws affected only the people in his personal life, while his scientific works have improved countless live enormously.
HugeFanOfBadReligion wrote:I don't see how you could question the intelligence of someone who made a tremendous amount of innovation in the field of physics (something which can only be done by the brightest people) simply because they have an interest in sports. If they demonstrate a high level of intelligence, and contribute to the world with their knowledge, why should a person's interests that only affect their personal lives have any influence on their intellectual reputation?
That's like the whole point of this forum.
You haven't been on this forum for long, and I don't think you are aware of the fact that most people on this forum don't share the exact same opinions that you find on the home page of this website. Most people on this site wouldn't have any problem with people who have greatly helped the world but have a mild interest in sports.
HugeFanOfBadReligion wrote: I'm sure geniuses have many normal interests, you just won't find them in the biographies of those people because normal things aren't really worth mentioning.
Someone thought they were worth mentioning. You know of Feynman's bongo playing and strip club hopping. And btw, these geniuses dedicate their entire lives to their work. I find it hard to believe that many of them would even have time to watch sports, or even want to. Don't mistake eccentricity for normalcy.
Feynman's bongo playing is known about because he was very passionate about it. His attendance of strip clubs was known about because when the strip club was going to be closed down for some legal reason, out of all of the patrons who were asked to defend the strip club in court, Feynman was the only one who did, as everyone else was afraid of their families finding out about it. Feynman didn't care about that. These interests of his were noted because, as you said in your earlier posts, these are unusual interests. Nobody would have cared if Feynman sometimes tuned in to listen to a sports broadcast on the radio occasionally, because that is completely normal, and thus it wouldn't have been recorded in history.
Hey, if you can find me a genius , a noteworthy one who watched sports and enjoyed it (IQ levels and everything) then maybe I can calm down with my judgements. Until that happens, sports are for idiots.
Most people, even geniuses like Einstein and Newton, don't have an IQ listed anywhere in history. Many geniuses were around before IQ tests even existed. However, Charles Darwin, who made significant advancements in the field of biology, was interested in sports I believe. I can't find a source for that, however, as I remember reading it in one of Earl's posts, so you could ask him for more about that if you wish. As for individuals who had a very high IQ level, here is a Wikipedia list of notable individuals who were members of Mensa, which is only open to people who have an IQ higher than the 98th percentile: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mensans
There are a few athletes on that list. I'm not going to read about every single person on that list to find out which ones watched sports, but I'm sure a few of them did. However, that list shows that even some athletes themselves are also at the "genius" level of intelligence.

To the other active members of the forum: I apologize for making a post like this against a new member, as I know this forum needs as much activity as it can get, but DanTran's last post frustrated me quite a bit. This will likely be my last post in this argument, as I don't wish to continue it any further as no one is going to change their opinion because of it.
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama
DanTran

Post by DanTran »

HugeFan: The stuff I say is no more extreme than that of Fat Man's. Why don't you rip into him instead?
I see no difference among our opinions, and I see no reason for you to talk down to me like you did.

How are my posts offensive to you? People here hate sports...you should be used to it by now. Give me a break dude, and get off your high horse.
Apparently Dan is not okay with looking up to scientists who have made enormous contributions to society with their knowledge that has been used for countless useful applications such as medicine, computers, electricity.
I'm not a hypocritical douche. I can appreciate what they have done, but I don't need to jerk off to their image and work. Sports heroes, science heroes, no difference. A man should not have heroes. Stop reading into my posts.

And don't FUCKING TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED IN MY OWN LIFE!!!!!! I was there, I know what sports have done to me!!!
Einstein's personal flaws affected only the people in his personal life, while his scientific works have improved countless live enormously.
:lol: So that means you shouldn't judge him?

I'm not going to respond to everything you've said.
HugeFanOfBadReligion

I stated I wouldn't continue this argument, but I do wish to clarify a few things: I'm pretty sure Fat Man is the only one here who has been raped, along with other terrible things. He's been subjected to things that he had no control over, i.e. he doesn't blame sports because of things he could have changed such as punching someone in the face because of an intolerance for sports at an event he didn't have to go to. Additionally, I have argued against Fat Man on several occasions.

As for the "jerking off to scientists" comment, the only reason why I brought up scientists in the first place is because you said the smartest people shouldn't have the same entertainment as normal people, so I cited some of the smartest individuals in history to discuss this.
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama
DanTran

Post by DanTran »

So I don't deserve respect? I can't have opinions because I wasn't raped??

Again, you're confusing what smart people HAVE done, with what smart people SHOULD do.

The majority of the posts I read on here are hardly different from my own. Stop attacking me with your superiority complex.
HugeFanOfBadReligion

The majority of the posts here don't come from people who refuse to help children suffering from cancer because they're too good for a game of softball.

DanTran

Post by DanTran »

Than why are you the only one to mention it?

Neither Fat Man nor Earl felt it necessary to point out. If they weren't troubled by it, why are you so?

I guess I'm not allowed to stick to my principles either, huh? Why, because I don't agree with you?