Mayday! I Participated In The Occupy El Paso Protest March!

For non-sports-related posts. Because we really can't stand talking about sports!
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Mayday! I Participated In The Occupy El Paso Protest March!

Post by Fat Man »

Well, today was a really great day for me! Yeah! I had are really really really great day!

OK, first, as usual, I took the bus up to Albertsons to get some groceries, then I went to Walgreens to get some cigars, and then, instead of taking the bus back to the down town terminal, I decided to ride on my JAZZY Power Chair (that I use to get around outdoors because of the arthritis in my knees and ankles) down Mesa Street and stopped off at Starbucks for some dark roast coffee.

Hey! I want to thank Starbucks for supporting marriage equality!

Then I rode down Oregon street to the Plaza Park down town.

There was a gathering of about 50 people there with protest signs flags and banners. It was the 99% Percent, Occupy El Paso group. I listened to a speech. Our group was protesting against the huge tax breaks for big corporations, and against the banks.

First we had a picnic, tamales, cupcakes, and fresh fruit, and then we gathered together for the protest march around the downtown area.

I was asked if I wouldn't mind carrying one of their big flags, and I said yes, I would be delighted! I was given a large rainbow flag that said PEACE in white letters. Since it was a rather large flag on a heavy pole, it was easier for me to carry while sitting in my JAZZY Power Chair.

Oh! And by the way, the rainbow flag is not just a symbol of gay rights, it symbolizes ALL progressive progressive movements!

So, we marched around CHASE BANK, then around BANK OF AMERICA, and around WELLS FARGO, carrying our protest signs and banners, shouting our slogans against the big corporations and the corrupt banking system.

Yeah, all the corporate stooges stood out in front the banks in their suits and ties, giving us dirty looks, but we continued on our peaceful march.

Oh! And there were no cops around!

For all I know, some of the protesters might have been off-duty cops in plane clothes. Yes, most cops are members of unions, so our protest march was for their benefit as well, since they are also union members, along with teachers, and business employees.

Yeah, I remember last year, in the state of Wisconsin, when teachers and employees were on strike protesting in the streets. The Republican Governor of Wisconsin wanted to authorize the police to use deadly force against the protesters.

But the police refused. Yes, they stood by to maintain order, but refused to use deadly force against peaceful protestors. In fact, some off-duty cops in plane clothes even joined the protestors because they are also union members.

But, during our Occupy El Paso protest march, there were no fuzzy-wuzzys around, not unless some were off duty and in plane clothes.

Anyway . . . . . It was fun! I had a great time today!

After the march was over, we came back to the Plaza Park. Then we sang, "Blowing In The Wind" you know, the answer my friend is blowing in the wind. At first, we kind of started off key, but when I joined in they followed my lead, because I had the strongest voice.

I was asked if I ever had singing lessons, and I said, no, I use to sing in the Karaokes. One of them even said I have a voice like an opera singer. Well, I was the fattest person in the crowd, and I have always had a strong singing voice. Yeah, large people do have bigger voices.

Then, we gathered around the alligator fountain in the Plaza Park, and we sat round talking, discussing various issues.

We got on the subject of education, especially science education in our schools. Of course, I had to go on one of my usual rants about the Republicans, and how they want to force their Creationist fairy tales in to high school science classes.

Hey! I got some cheers and hand claps for that!

When I had mentioned how our dear sweet Governor Rick Perry allowed an innocent man to be executed because he rejected the DNA evidence which proved he was not at the scene of the crime, one of the people in our group said, that Rick Perry should be charged with a crime.

Yeah! I got to speak my mind today in front of a group of about 20 people, and they listened, and they said I was right on!!

We're nobody special. We're just plane ordinary everyday people, with plane ordinary jobs, and some of us unemployed, and some even homeless, and, they too, I found to be more intelligent than the the Republicans who are running this country.

Being 60 years old, I was probably the oldest person there, so, the younger people in there 20s got interested in what I had to say, concerning education.

Someone even asked if I had been a teacher, and I just said, I'm a nobody. I'm nothing. I'm just some poor schmuck who loves to read books and I support science education.

I didn't want to go into a lot of details. There wasn't time anyway. I only wanted to say what I felt needed to be said.

I had mentioned that I subscribe to MoveOn.org, Texas Freedom Network, People For The American Way, Secular Coalition, Union of Concerned Scientists, CFI Center For Inquiry, etc. etc. and every day, on average I sign about 20 to 30 petitions on line.

Everyone there had something to say in our little group, so everyone got his or her chance to say something.

Then it was starting to get late, so, we all went our separate ways when it was time to leave and go home, or where-ever.

While I was riding my JAZZY power chair on the way home, this black guy asked if I had some cigarettes and I said no, I didn't have any cigarettes, so I gave him a cigar instead.

And then I said, GIVE THE MAN A CIGAR!!!

anyway . . .

It was about 7:00 PM when I came home.

Yeah! I had a really great time today.

Gee! Politics can be fun!

Yeah! I'm a real political animal!

A big fat bear riding on a donkey!

And, I can kick any elephant's ass!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Fitman's Brother
Sports Bore

Re: Mayday! I Participated In The Occupy El Paso Protest Mar

Post by Fitman's Brother »

So you went to Starbucks, which a publicly traded large company that, although has good morals, is still ultimately out for profits. You also went to Albertsons, which is a subsidiarity of SuperValu and is also publicly traded and out for profits. Both of these companies help the rich get richer.

Yet you partook in Occupy protests, which are largely against the income disparity. That's a problem I have with most Occupy protesters. They are hypocrites.

Listen man, I'm glad you made some friends and established a sense of belonging with people that share similar values with yourself. But when I see people partake in these protests while carrying an Apple product in one hand and a Starbucks cup of coffee in the other yelling obscenities at me outside of a BofA when I want to deposit my paycheck, I can't help but to be a little upset with them.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Fitman's Brother wrote:So you went to Starbucks, which a publicly traded large company that, although has good morals, is still ultimately out for profits. You also went to Albertsons, which is a subsidiarity of SuperValu and is also publicly traded and out for profits. Both of these companies help the rich get richer.

Yet you partook in Occupy protests, which are largely against the income disparity. That's a problem I have with most Occupy protesters. They are hypocrites.

Listen man, I'm glad you made some friends and established a sense of belonging with people that share similar values with yourself. But when I see people partake in these protests while carrying an Apple product in one hand and a Starbucks cup of coffee in the other yelling obscenities at me outside of a BofA when I want to deposit my paycheck, I can't help but to be a little upset with them.
OK, Starbucks dose support marriage equality.

Well, what am I suppose to do? Where am I suppose to buy my food?

Yeah, we depend on all these supermarket chains in order to eat, and stay alive.

Let me guess . . . . . I'm suppose to live in the forest and live off the land! Right?

I use AT&T for my phone line and my Yahoo DSL connection.

I would like switch to CREDO because they support Democratic causes, but it's only a cell phone service, and it does not provide DSL for Internet connection.

So, I'm stuck with AT&T, even though they have been contributing money for right-wing causes.

I have no choice.

If I want to eat to stay alive, and have DSL internet connection, I have no choice.

OK. There's nothing wrong with a business making some profit, else, how would they stay in business?

But, when a business is engaged in some practice that is either unfair, or causes damage to the environment, etc. etc. then all we can do is circulate petitions on line urging these business to change their policies.

In the meantime, I have to depend on these establishments to live.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Fitman's Brother
Sports Bore

Fat Man: I specifically mentioned large, public companies that you bought from. Can you not read that? There's a big difference between a large public corporation like Starbucks and SuperValu (Albertsons). Both of those companies serve to make the rich much richer, thereby increasing the income disparity when your movement is supposedly and hypocritically against. You live in a decent sized city so there should be plenty of other smaller mom and pop stores which you can choose from and support them instead of the "evil big business" that the Occupy movement is vehemently speaks out against. Yet you didn't choose them. You chose the big corporation simply because they were cheaper. You are directly responsible for making the rich richer and the poor poorer.

And to be clear, I DO support big business. I plan on working for a large corporation one day and making a lot of money as a result of my hard work. So, by all means, support the large businesses. I'm just trying to tell you that you are being hypocritical by supporting large corporations and speaking out against them at the same time.

Also, you DO realize that the "occupy" movement is the laughingstock of those of us who actually work? The percentage of people who support occupy are largely unemployed, at least higher than the unemployment rate in the United States. Instead of these people actually looking for a job, they take to the streets and complain and have this "woe is me" attitude and expect others to come and help them.

Well you know what? FUCK NO! You help YOURSELF, and don't expect ANY free handouts!

The Occupy people should actually get a damn job and make money for themselves. There's a reason why they're at the bottom: they aren't working. Look, I'm nowhere near the top 1%, I'd say I'm right in the middle. But I take responsibility for my own actions and realize that my family is where they are, and I am where I am, directly as result of what I put in. Taking responsibility for yourself is an important part of growing up into a mature adult, and this is something that the Occupy movement clearly hasn't done: accept responsibility for themselves and grow the fuck up. Bitching and complaining and wanting people to give you free shit is not the way to go. What if EVERYBODY just complained and didn't actually do anything productive like, well, WORK? Our economy would crumble. Now, what if everybody DID do things productive for the benefit of society? Well, we'd be much better off than we are today.

I'm sorry for the language, but fiscal issues really get me fired up. (Who knew a "monkey boy" jock would actually care about the economy?)
HugeFanOfBadReligion

Post by HugeFanOfBadReligion »

Fit Man's Brother, you have to be careful not to generalize an entire group of people (ie. the Occupy protesters). Not everyone who has participated in that movement is protesting the same thing. It generally is about income equality, but not everyone in the Occupy movement shares the same views on the cause of it and the solution. Yes, some directly blame the corporations, but there are many who just want the government to change policies such as letting massive corporations support election campaigns. On top of that, you have to realize that major corporations are everywhere, and it is very difficult not to support them in some way. Yes, it sometimes does reach the point where it becomes very hypocritical for some protesters, but many still don't consume from corporations excessively. I haven't participated in the Occupy movement, but if I did, I imagine it would be quite difficult to avoid all of the corporations.

Additionally, the unemployment of Occupy protesters is a complex issue. While there are indeed many people who take advantage of unemployment insurance without making an effort to find a job, that does not mean every unemployed person is not trying. This includes some Occupy protesters. You might say they should be out looking for a job instead of protesting, but should they really be expected to spend all of their time looking for jobs (when there aren't even that many jobs available in the first place)? I'm unemployed, but that definitely isn't because of laziness. I've applied to countless places in my area, without any luck. I'm not using unemployment insurance, but this will certainly be problematic when I'll have to take a large amount of student loans because of my unemployment.
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Good evening HugeFanOfBadReligion!!!

Thank you very much for your very intelligent response on this topic!

I shall respond to you with heavy blue text.
HugeFanOfBadReligion wrote:Fit Man's Brother, you have to be careful not to generalize an entire group of people (ie. the Occupy protesters). Not everyone who has participated in that movement is protesting the same thing. It generally is about income equality, but not everyone in the Occupy movement shares the same views on the cause of it and the solution.

RIGHT ON!!!

(Or should if say, LEFT ON?)

Yes, the members of the Occupy El Paso group, during my discussion with some of the members, not only were we concerned with the corrupt banking system, we were also concerned with education, especially science education. Some of the members of our group were high school teachers themselves, so, we are not all out looking for a "free lunch" but only wanting equality.

I got a chance to give a dissertation to a group of members, and they were interested in what I had to say about some of my own personal experiences. Of course, I kept some of my rants down to a minimum, focusing mostly on the issues.

Being among one the oldest people in our group, they wanted to hear from someone who's been through the mill, someone who's been there. Then, some have told me about similar occurrences they had seen in their schools.

It's a well known fact, that physically handicapped students are often subject to more severe disciplinary action than the more able-bodied students, while high school athletes are often let off with little no discipline at all, and not held accountable for their actions.

Yes, some directly blame the corporations, but there are many who just want the government to change policies such as letting massive corporations support election campaigns. On top of that, you have to realize that major corporations are everywhere, and it is very difficult not to support them in some way.

Yeah! Big corporations are able to donate huge amounts of money to right-wing politicians, and I have been signing petitions on-line to get these big corporations to account for how much they contribute and to whom they have contributed.

Yes, I do shop at some of the small Mom & pop type of stores. There is one in my own neighborhood that I go to frequently when I need a few items.

But, some items that I need, are not available in many of these little stores, so I really have no choice but to shop at an Albertsons, or a Walmart, or a Big 8. So, what are ya gonna do?

I use the AT&T phone company, because I get my DSL Internet connection from them. I would like to switch phone companies, because I have read that AT&T contributes money to right-wing political causes. I thought of switching to CREDO because they support Democratic causes, but they only provide services to cell phones or mobile phone service, and DSL is not available through CREDO, so, like it or not, I'm stuck with AT&T. Again, if I want Internet access, I really don't have much of a choice in the matter.

Also . . . . .

I like going to Starbucks, because I like the calm peaceful atmosphere and I get to meet some interesting and intelligent people there. They also serve really excellent coffee, the very best. I usually order the dark roast in a tall cup, and it's only about $2.50 which is not a bad price for their really tall cups. Yes, many of their items are expensive, I know that.

But, one of the reasons why I like Starbucks is because they support marriage equality.

One day, I went into a Starbucks, and told them that I was there for 2 reasons.

1.) To get coffee as usual.

2.) To thank them for supporting marriage equality!

Well, because of that, on that particular day, I was given FREE refills on my coffee!

I like Starbucks, because it's a Hell of a lot better than going to a sports bar, where they have 3 big screen TV turned up to maximum volume, and a different game on each TV, and having to hear a room full of drooling retards screaming and yelling at the TVs!

Of course, I usually go to The Village Inn where coffee is much cheaper. I can get a whole pot of coffee for the same price that a tall cup costs at Starbucks, but Starbucks offers a much wider variety of different kinds of coffee.

Anyway . . . . .

We really don't have much of a choice. Like it or not, we depend on the big corporations for our basic needs to stay alive from one day to the next.

So, I don't have much choice.

Not unless I'm willing to live in a cave somewhere in the forest, and live off the land!

And, I'm certainly not prepared to do that!

Yes, it sometimes does reach the point where it becomes very hypocritical for some protesters, but many still don't consume from corporations excessively. I haven't participated in the Occupy movement, but if I did, I imagine it would be quite difficult to avoid all of the corporations.

Yeah! Here we go again!

It's not like I'm spending millions of dollars every year to big corporations.

I go to the big supermarket chains and the big department stores where I can buy stuff that I need, like, for example: clothing that actually fits someone my size!!!

Additionally, the unemployment of Occupy protesters is a complex issue. While there are indeed many people who take advantage of unemployment insurance without making an effort to find a job, that does not mean every unemployed person is not trying. This includes some Occupy protesters.

Yes, in just about any group of people, you'll find some individuals looking for a free ride!

But HEY! Professional football players certainly get their free rides!

Yet, I don't hear any sports fans protesting against that!

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

No, they're just against someone getting a small disability check, after having been beaten and raped and suffering from severe depression, anxiety, Post Traumatic Disorder, and mental illness as a result.

Yeah! We're suppose to just lay down and die, while some drooling imbecile who can't read or write beyond the second grade level and who has beaten and raped someone, gets paid millions of dollars every year just for kicking a ball or putting a ball through a hoop!

But in the meantime . . . . . some kid in school, who was only in grade school, but was able to read at high school and adult level, and who only wanted to study science, gets his head bashed against a brick wall, by a sports obsessed teacher who didn't want him to check out an Astronomy book from the school library!

Yeah! As I had mentioned so many times before, that happened to me. And for years afterward, as a result of the severe concussion to my head, I had these dizzy spells and headaches, and having to live with the memories of the event.

Oh! But according to Fit Shit's Brother I'm not entitled to my measly little SSI ("Crazy Check") no, I'm suppose to just lay down and die, while some professional rapist gets paid millions of dollars for chasing a ball.

You might say they should be out looking for a job instead of protesting, but should they really be expected to spend all of their time looking for jobs (when there aren't even that many jobs available in the first place)? I'm unemployed, but that definitely isn't because of laziness. I've applied to countless places in my area, without any luck. I'm not using unemployment insurance, but this will certainly be problematic when I'll have to take a large amount of student loans because of my unemployment.
Yeah! You're going to school, so that when you graduate, hopefully, you might be able to find a much better job in the future than you otherwise would have found without an education.

That's if you can even get a decent job anymore, since here in the USA, jobs are being exported overseas!

So, being a student, studying really hard, and hitting the books late at night, that is not easy.

I believe that Henry Ford once said . . . . .

Thinking is the hardest work there is.
That's why so few chose to do it!

Henry Ford

And now on to other matters . . . . .

========================================

In response to Fit Shit's Brother!

OK, I'm going to respond in bold red text.
Fitman's Brother wrote:Fat Man: I specifically mentioned large, public companies that you bought from. Can you not read that? There's a big difference between a large public corporation like Starbucks and SuperValu (Albertsons). Both of those companies serve to make the rich much richer, thereby increasing the income disparity when your movement is supposedly and hypocritically against. You live in a decent sized city so there should be plenty of other smaller mom and pop stores which you can choose from and support them instead of the "evil big business" that the Occupy movement is vehemently speaks out against. Yet you didn't choose them. You chose the big corporation simply because they were cheaper. You are directly responsible for making the rich richer and the poor poorer.

I really don't have much choice! Yes, there is a small corner store in my neighborhood that I go to quite often when I need a few items, but all to often, some items that I need are not available in these Mom & Pop stores.

For example, I smoke a pipe, a Black Cavendish tobacco, and I like cigars. These small stores only have cigarettes, so if I want a good pipe tobacco or some cigars, I have to go to a Walgreens to get it.

What am I suppose to do? Go without?

I've been smoking a pipe since I was 19 years old, so, I'm not going to start sucking my thumb instead!

What if I need some other important items that are not available in these little Mom & Pop stores. Like clothes that actually fit someone my size!!!

Do without?

Also, should I stop going to Starbucks and go to some noisy sports bar instead?

No, I like going to a coffee house, where one can meet interesting people, and have a halfway decent intelligent conversation,

Who want's to go into a noisy sports bar with a bunch of screaming retards yelling at a big screen TV?

NOT I!!!

Also, Starbucks supports marriage equality.

And to be clear, I DO support big business. I plan on working for a large corporation one day and making a lot of money as a result of my hard work. So, by all means, support the large businesses. I'm just trying to tell you that you are being hypocritical by supporting large corporations and speaking out against them at the same time.

Also, you DO realize that the "occupy" movement is the laughingstock of those of us who actually work? The percentage of people who support occupy are largely unemployed, at least higher than the unemployment rate in the United States. Instead of these people actually looking for a job, they take to the streets and complain and have this "woe is me" attitude and expect others to come and help them.

NOT ALL of the people in the occupy movement are unemployed. Many of them are school teachers, and many have lost their home because of our corrupt banking system.

Sometime last year, union workers in Wisconsin were protesting, and Governor Scott Walker wanted to authorize the police to use deadly force against the demonstrators. But the cops refused, because they are union workers themselves. In fact, many off duty polices officers in plane clothes joined in the demonstration.

Those in the occupy movement who are unemployed had lost their jobs, and some who had found new jobs are working for lower wadges than they had earned on their previous jobs. Also, many jobs have been exported overseas.

You sound like a typical right-wing Republican!

I bet you're even against science education in our schools and you believe in all those infantile fairy tales from the BUY-BULL!!!

Well you know what? FUCK NO! You help YOURSELF, and don't expect ANY free handouts!

Yeah! Well tell the to football players who get $100,000 dollar Hummers given to them for FREE after having raped someone!

Hey! I earned my disability check! It's my payment for having been used, as a human punching bag and tackling dummy in our schools!

So, SHUT THE FUCK UP!

The Occupy people should actually get a damn job and make money for themselves. There's a reason why they're at the bottom: they aren't working. Look, I'm nowhere near the top 1%, I'd say I'm right in the middle. But I take responsibility for my own actions and realize that my family is where they are, and I am where I am, directly as result of what I put in. Taking responsibility for yourself is an important part of growing up into a mature adult, and this is something that the Occupy movement clearly hasn't done: accept responsibility for themselves and grow the fuck up. Bitching and complaining and wanting people to give you free shit is not the way to go. What if EVERYBODY just complained and didn't actually do anything productive like, well, WORK? Our economy would crumble. Now, what if everybody DID do things productive for the benefit of society? Well, we'd be much better off than we are today.

They're not asking for free shit, unlike football players who get free shit all the time! They want jobs! Good jobs, so they can take care of their families.

Hey! I wanted to do something productive, but I was not even allowed to get a decent education!

HEY! I DIDN'T COME FROM A WELFARE FAMILY!

MY PARENTS WERE FACTORY WORKERS, AND TAX PAYERS! THEY PAID TAXES ON THE HOUSE WE OWNED WHEN WE WERE LIVING UP IN MINNESOTA, AND THEY PAID SCHOOL TAXES!

YEAH! THEIR SCHOOL TAXES PAID FOR BOOKS I WAS NOT ALLOWED TO READ! THEIR SCHOOL TAXES PAID THE SALARY OF THE TEACHER WHO BASHED MY HEAD AGAINST A BRICK WALL IN AN ARGUMENT OVER AN ASTRONOMY BOOK HE WOULD NOT ALLOW ME TO READ!

Yeah! I cot suspended from school, because I had failed to climb a rope in the gymnasium. Never mind that I had a crippled up left knee which was the result of being in a car accident. And never mind that I was passing all my other academic subjects. No, to them, rope climbing was mopre important.

And, my parents, with their tax dollars, paid for the rope in the gymnasium, and paid the salaries of the PE coach and the principle who had me suspended.

In the 5th grade, during a PE class, my teacher who was super Gung-Ho when it came to sports really loved to humiliate in the gym in front of all the other students. He grabbed a basket ball, and punches me in the stomach with it so heard I nearly passed out. I'm damn luck that he didn't fracture some ribs.

My parents' tax dollars paid for the basketball that was used to punch me in the stomach.

Then, this very same teacher, he would not allow me to check out an Astronomy book that I wanted from the school library. He allowed all the other kids to check out any book they wanted, but not me! We got into an argument, and he dragged me out into the hallway, pushed me backwards, and bashed my head against the corner of the concrete block wall.

My parent's tax dollars paid the salary of the teacher, paid for the book I was not allowed to read, and paid for the bricks that was used in the construction of the school building.

So, my parents paid school taxes on their property, and I didn't get shit, but came very close to getting killed!!!

YEAH!

MY PARENTS PAID SCHOOL TAXES! MY PARENTS PAID SCHOOL TAXES!

And, I didn't get shit!!!

I'm sorry for the language, but fiscal issues really get me fired up. (Who knew a "monkey boy" jock would actually care about the economy?)

You don't give a shit about the economy!

Because, if you did, you would support science education in our schools, which is the key to the future, and helping the USA to compete in the world market.

But, NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

You don't care that a Physics or Astronomy professor teaching in a university only gets about $80,000 to $120,000 per year while some drooling moron who can't read beyond the second grade level, and who has raped someone, gets paid millions of dollars every year, just for kicking a football!!!

You don't give a shit that good jobs are being exported overseas while many American can only get shit jobs, and they're lucky if they can even get that!!!

And so, to you I say . . . . .

. . . and . . .

I DESPISE AND HATE YOU, AND I WISH YOU WOULD
GO CRAWL INTO A SEWER, EAT SHIT, AND DIE!

HugeFanOfBadReligion

Fat Man wrote:Yeah! Big corporations are able to donate huge amounts of money to right-wing politicians, and I have been signing petitions on-line to get these big corporations to account for how much they contribute and to whom they have contributed.
Hello Fat Man.
The biggest problem isn't even whose election campaign is being financed by corporations, it's the fact that any political group is receiving finances from corporations at all. This link shows the top contributors to Obama's 2008 presidential campaign: http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/contr ... =N00009638
As you can see, Goldman Sachs was one of the top contributors to Obama's campaign, providing over a million dollars. This is problematic because if politicians want to have a good election campaign, they'll look towards the major corporations. And they know that they corporations won't want to support them if their political interests directly conflict with each other. Thus, because of a party's reliance on the corporations for funding, they won't act against those corporations as easily. I remember seeing another website that showed that many corporations like Goldman Sachs provided massive amounts of funds to both the Democratic and Republican campaigns. They're not trying to get their favourite political party into office, they just want support from who ever does get into office.
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama
Fitman's Brother
Sports Bore

Fat Man, you are a drooling moron and didn't even come close to articulating a rational thought. And while your parents may have paid taxes and contributed to the system, you haven't contributed anything.

Also, if you cannot understand the benefits to the free market and don't know WHY most professional athletes make 6 or 7 figures, and WHY most professors make much less, then you truly are brain dead.

Yes, professors are more beneficial to understanding the world than athletes. But they should only be paid more if that's what the market decides upon, and currently that's not how the market wants it.

Hugefan: I understand that finding a job is tough. What I've been doing while studying in school is working an unpaid internship. Once you have a few months of that in your desired field, you will be ahead of all other applicants. While I admit that I also have a part time job to cover my expenses, I value my internship more because it will help more in the long run.

I don't even know if you've considered that, and maybe you have. But if you haven't considered the internship option, look into it dude. It may save you.
Earl

Post by Earl »

Fat Man wrote:I bet you're even against science education in our schools and you believe in all those infantile fairy tales from the BUY-BULL!!!
Fat Man, are you aware of this forum rule?

§2) No insulting of other peoples' race, religion or beliefs

Insulting someone because of their race or religion is not tolerated. If you receive a message containing anything as such, PM a moderator; do not stoop to their level.
Strictly speaking, you have not personally insulted me to my face; but you have ridiculed a book that I believe contains the word of God. I endeavor to follow its moral teachings, albeit I fail at times. You have every right in this forum to question the Bible, but showing contempt towards people who attempt to devote their lives to its teachings is just plain rude. It's one thing to say you don't believe the Bible is the word of God, but it's another to distort the book's name in a demeaning way. You're not making any sort of an argument against the Bible by using that demeaning expression. You're merely casting a plebeian insult.

You seem to have a double standard. You went ballistic when Safety pulled your chain by saying Galileo was in hell. You repeatedly demanded that he apologize. Yet it never seems to occur to you that you should apologize when you say something that offends someone else. I'm personally offended by your use of the blasphemous expression "BUY-BULL." You don't have to agree with something in order to show a modicum of respect. If you don't respect or at least tolerate other people's values, don't be surprised when they don't respect yours. It's one thing to argue; it's another thing to insult.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

GOOD EVENING MY DEAR Mr. FIT MAN'S BROTHER!

I HAVE SOME VERY GOOD NEWS FOR YOU THAT WILL MAKE YOU VERY VERY HAPPY!!!

In fact, it will really make you laugh!

But first, check out this topic I had posted titled. . . . .

June 5, 2012 Transit Of Venus Across Face Of Sun
http://www.sportssuck.org/phpbb2/viewto ... =7&t=15090

I have a Galileo brand refractor telescope with a 60mm objective lens and 900 mm focal length that was given to me back in January 2009 by my therapist.

But it's a used telescope so I will need to order eyepieces, the guide scope, and the accessory tray, and also, the counterweight for the German style equatorial mounting on top of the tripod.

So, today I ordered a 2x Barlow lens so I can set up my telescope to project the image of the sun onto a sheet of poster-board, so I won't actually be looking through the telescope, but rather, I'll be looking at the projected image of the sun, because I don't have a sun filter.

The 2x Barlow lens costs about $30 dollars.

I really can't afford it, but I'm going to need it anyway.

Yeah! I had hopes of being able to observe the up coming transit of Venus across the face of the sun, on June 5,2012.

There won't be another transit of Venus across the sun until December 11,2117 about 105 years from now.

So, I had used my debit card to buy the 2x Barlow lens, and it cost me $30 dollars, which was charged to my bank account, which I access on line. Yeah, I saw that it has already been charged to my account.

OK, now here's the good news that will make you very happy!

I check my E-mail some hours later this evening, and here is what it said in my E-mail.
Subject: Your order from High Point Scientific has been cancelled

New! Google Checkout is now part of Google Wallet. Google Wallet makes buying easy with one wallet for online, mobile and in-store shopping. Learn more

Purchased from:
High Point Scientific
442 Rt 206
Montague NJ 07302
UNITED STATES
800 266-9590
http://www.highpointscientific.com

Ship to:

XXXXXXXXXXXXX (My full name name with-held from this forum post)
XXXXXXXXXXXXX (My residential address also with-held)
El Paso TX XXXXX (My zip code with-held)
UNITED STATES

Hello XXXXXXXXXXXX (My full name with-held again)

We were unable to verify the account information for your recent purchase with Google Checkout. As a result, your account has been temporarily suspended and your recent order has been cancelled:

Order date: May 5, 2012 4:12 PM PDT
Google order number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX - High Point Scientific Order #2012-05-XXXXX

Shipping Status Qty Item Price
Not yet shipped 1 Barlow Lens 2x, 1.25" by High Point - Barlow Lens 2x, 1.25" by High Point $24.95
Shipping & Handling (U.S.P.S. First Class) : $5.07
Tax (TX) : $0.00
Total : $30.02
Order cancelled - Your card was not charged

For information on how to resolve this issue, please sign in to Google Checkout at https://checkout.google.com/main.

For more information about this process, please visit our Help Center at

https://support.google.com/wallet/bin/a ... X&hl=en_US.

Sincerely,

The Google Checkout Team

Need help? Visit the Google Checkout help center. Please do not reply to this message.

©2012 Google

Yeah! It said the order was cancelled and my card not charged.

But when I checked my bank account on line again, it shows that my card was indeed charged $30.02 so, I'm out $30 dollars.

They took my money, and I'm not getting shit!!!

Well, I don't know, maybe it might eventually be refunded back into my account.

But I seriously doubt it, because I have been ripped of like this before when I had ordered something on line.

It says my card was not charged when clearly it was!

Lying sacks of shit!!!

So, I hope this news makes you very very very very very happy!

Go ahead! Have a good laugh! This ones on me!

Yeah, in your previous post you had said the following . . . . .
Fitman's Brother wrote: . . . . . And while your parents may have paid taxes and contributed to the system, you haven't contributed anything.
That's because, all that I might have been able to contribute, has been taken away from me over the years.

And today, is just one more example!

So, I really don't need to work, and I really don't need to contribute.

Society has already got it from me.

And my payment in return, was to get my head bashed against the corner of a concrete block wall by a sports obsessed teacher who didn't want me to check out an Astronomy book from the school library.

And I got some more payback when I was beaten and raped by an older man when I was 17 years old.

Also, back in July of 2001, I had been living in a 2 bed room apartment. I had a room mate who was about 5 years older than I am.

I had been taking care of him for a few years after he had his first stroke back in March of 1997, and I helped him to apply for his SSI disability check since he was not able to work any more.

After his first stroke, he became bossy and demanding, but I could not abandon him, because he needed my help during his slow recovery.

Then, sometime in May of 2001, he had his second stroke, suffered severe memory loss, became so paranoid and delusional that he didn't know what planet he was on anymore, and he also became violent and started attacking me for little or no reason.

And finally, a couple of months later, in July of 2001, he came into my room swinging a machete and struck me with it, fracturing my left wrist, striking the side of my right arm, and as I was making my escape from my room, he struck me in the back of my head.

I went down the stairs, out the front door, leaving a trail of blood behind me all the way to the pay phone on the corner of the block, and dialed 911, and a few minutes later, the ambulance, a fire engine, and 2 police cars arrived on the scene.

As I was being strapped down onto the gurney, and just before being lifted into the ambulance, I saw a police officer go into the apartment building with a shotgun.

I was in the hospital for 3 days, and my ex-room-mate was hauled off to the slammer.

In the hospital, I underwent surgery. When I woke up again, my left arm was in a cast, I had a stainless steel pin in my left wrist, and for about three weeks with my arm in a cast, I was in a Hell of a lot of pain!

Yeah! My left hand and wrist is now crippled up, for the rest of my life!

I use to play the guitar, but now, I can't anymore.

I have some unfinished oil paintings that I wanted to work on, but I can't do that anymore.

AND I'M LEFT HANDED!!!

Now, my hand writing sucks so bad, people even ask me if I'm a doctor!

Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night with pains in my left wrist.

So, I can't do oil paintings anymore, and I can't play the guitar anymore.

Just more thing that has been taken away from me!

Hey! I really hope you're enjoying this!

I had spent the better part of 4 years, taking care of an older person who had two strokes, and this was how he repaid me for all that I had done for him.

Yeah! I worked my fat ass off for him, and that was the thanks I got in return.

So, I really hope this make you happy!

Yes! Really! I really and truly hope this make you happy, and makes you laugh, a really jolly good belly laugh!

And today, I got ripped off $30 dollars, so, I won't be getting my 2x Barlow lens, and I won't be observing the transit of Venus across the face of the sun, this coming Jun 5,2012.

Yeah! I won't get to see the transit.

And no, I don't want to just watch a recorded video of the event.

I want to witness it in real time, and in real life. I want to see AND feel it! I want to experience it live as it happens. I want to feel the hot sun beating down on my fat body, and I want to feel the beads of sweat breaking out and trickling down on my forehead. That's how you watch a solar event. That's how you really do astronomy!

And then, when the solar event is over, it's time to take in your telescope, go back into the house, sit under the air conditioning and have a cold beer from the fridge.

Also, doing astronomy at night, especially on a cold winter night, is best, because the winter constellations are far more interesting, and the stars look more crystal clear on cold nights. I like shivering in the cold, a thermos of hot coffee by my side, and smoking my pipe while sitting at the eyepiece of my telescope. Astronomy is not just about what you see, but also it's also something you feel. That's how to really do astronomy!

Yeah! Astronomy is not for sissies and wimps!!!

But, NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I have been royally ripped off. They took my $30 dollars and I'm not getting jack shit!

So, I guess I'm just screwed. Yea! I really got a royal screwing today!

Oh well, I can always watch football on TV! Right?

That's what America is all about! Right?

Well, maybe I'll get really lucky, and live to be about 165 years old so that I will be able to see the next transit of Venus across the sun on December 11,2117, and then again, maybe not.

Anyway, you may go ahead and laugh at me!

No, really!!! This one's on me!

I won't mind!

Oh! And please be sure to tell your brother about this, because I'm quite sure that he could also use a good laugh!

Hey! I know! You can even tell all your good ol' boy jock buddies at the sports bar about how Fat Man at the anti-sports forum got plowed up the ol' wazoo! Yeah! I'm sure you'll all have a real hoot 'n holler about it over a pitcher of beer!

Uh huh! Now, ain't that a hoot!!!

Yeah! Go ahead, and by all means, please do have a high ho good ol' time with all your jock buddies at the bar!

OK???

Thank you!

HugeFanOfBadReligion

Fitman's Brother wrote:Hugefan: I understand that finding a job is tough. What I've been doing while studying in school is working an unpaid internship. Once you have a few months of that in your desired field, you will be ahead of all other applicants. While I admit that I also have a part time job to cover my expenses, I value my internship more because it will help more in the long run.

I don't even know if you've considered that, and maybe you have. But if you haven't considered the internship option, look into it dude. It may save you.
Thanks for the advice, I haven't thought of that, so I'll look into it.

Earl

Post by Earl »

The exchange between Fitman's Brother and Fat Man is both bizarre and sad.

Fat Man, I seriously doubt that Fitman's Brother would take delight in any particular instance of misfortune you have ever suffered.

Have you clicked on either or both of the links that were posted in the e-mail to solve this problem? If you haven't already done so, remember to be polite.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Brigan

Post by Brigan »

Fat Man wrote:Yeah! It said the order was cancelled and my card not charged.

But when I checked my bank account on line again, it shows that my card was indeed charged $30.02 so, I'm out $30 dollars.

But I seriously doubt it, because I have been ripped of like this before when I had ordered something on line.

Lying sacks of shit!!!
Either you post a Screenshot of your recent transactions. (Blurring out Details that we don't need to see)

Or I'm calling out your bullshit.

You attention seeker Drama Queen. You didn't even paid attention to Earl's post. It's no surprise you avoid apologizing to anybody.
i_like_1981 wrote:I respect a person who uses the knowledge they have of our language to come onto a forum with an opposing view and attempt to have a decent discussion. He's trying his best. Defend your points all you want, Fat Man, but it's unfair to insult his English skills when he's not a native speaker and is trying his hardest to communicate with us.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Earl wrote:The exchange between Fitman's Brother and Fat Man is both bizarre and sad.

Fat Man, I seriously doubt that Fitman's Brother would take delight in any particular instance of misfortune you have ever suffered.

Have you clicked on either or both of the links that were posted in the e-mail to solve this problem? If you haven't already done so, remember to be polite.
Yes, I have.

But on one of the links, I only got a blank page that kept automatically re-loading over and over again.

I have never used Google Wallet before. Yes, I do have a Google account, because I use that when I log in to YouTube to edit my channel, and I have a Yahoo E-mail account for my SBC Global E-mails that I check using my IncrediMail.

Google is just another corporation, and this is just another example of corruption in our corporations that the Occupy Movement has been fighting against.

Oh, but Fit Shit's Brother thinks we're parasites because we want equality, and we actually want to get what we pay for.

like me, for example: I paid $30 dollars to get that 2x Barlow lens that I want to install on my Galileo telescope.

I paid for it, and I expect to get what I paid for.

But, NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

According to Fit Shit's Brother, that make me a parasite because I actually expect to get something that I paid $30 dollars for.

Just like my FACTORY WORKER parents were ripped off, because, while they were paying property taxes and SCHOOL TAXES, I was being denied a decent education and getting my head bashed against a brick wall by a sports obsessed teacher who didn't want me reading Astronomy books from the school library.

That's why I say Fit Shit's Brother must be a Republican, because he thinks it's OK for people to get ripped off.

And he calls us parasites because we want to keep what is ours and what we had paid for.

Yeah, that makes us parasites!

So, I must have been a parasite, because when I was in school, I wanted to study science, instead of giving my body over to the PE coaches and the jocks to be used as a punching bag and tackling dummy.

Yeah, I must give my body over to the jock bullies. It's my patriotic duty to give them my body to be beaten and kicked around, because the jocks needed to get in their practice exercises.

Oh! But, wanting to study science and do artwork instead, well, I guess that makes me a parasite!

I also imagine Fit Shit's Brother doesn't care that the Republicans also want to double the interest rates on student loans.

Hey! This morning, I just signed another on line petition against that.

I also signed another petition urging that Walmart stop the abuse against human rights in their factories overseas!

Yeah! That's what we parasites care about.

But Fit Shit's Brother, he doesn't care that American jobs have been exported overseas, and that children are being forced to work up to 18 hours each day and get very little to eat, and only3 to 4 hours of sleep, and that many of these children overseas are getting beaten and raped.

No! All Fit Shit's Brother cares about, is that he can get his jogging shoes and sports equipment for a much cheaper price.

And in the meantime, I paid $30 dollars for a 2x Barlow lens to attach to my Galileo telescope, but I won't be getting it.

The money had been subtracted from my bank account to pay for it, but the order is not coming through. I keep checking my account on line, but the money has not been refunded back to me yet, and it probably never will.

High Point Scientific has a toll free number, but I can't do anything today, because it's Sunday, so, I shall call them tomorrow and I'm going to call my bank to see if I can straighten out this mess.

If I can get that money refunded back into my bank account, then I will call High Point Scientific to see if I can place my order by phone instead of doing it over the Internet.

But, if I can't get my money back, then, I am going to go into a store somewhere to shop-lift a lens.

I MEAN IT!!!

I have always been a law abiding citizen, but I have been treated like a criminal just because I couldn't do sports while I was in school, because of a crippled up left knee.

You know, I think the mistreatment of physically handicapped people has to do with superstition, because it harkens back to medieval times when those who were crippled were believed to have been cursed by God, or some shit like that.

Yeah! I'm left-handed, so back then, I would have been called a child of Satan.

After reading the Bible, I'm sorry, but I have to say this . . . . .

God is actually more evil than Satan, and I can prove it!

God has killed, or caused to be killed, or allowed to be killed, about 3 million people through out the Old Testament.

Satan only killed 10 people, as in the book of Job, and he could only do that because God gave him permission, other-wise he couldn't have done it.

Also, Satan told Adam and Eve, "Hey! Get some clothes on! Will ya? And invent tools to cultivate the land and build cities, and invent writing, and start living like human beings instead of retarded animals!" Yeah! That's what I think Satan really said, so that kind of make him sort of cool in a way.

Of course, this is assuming that all this is not just a myth.

Well, actually, I don't believe in that myth at all, but if it did occur, that's probably how it happened.

Otherwise, when it comes to God, I have been becoming more agnostic, so, I really don't know if there's a God or not.

And I don't believe there's a devil. I think he's just a myth.

That's my honest assessment.

So, I believe that my being mistreated was because people were superstitious and afraid of me.

I'm handicapped, so I'm bad luck. Encountering a physically handicapped person, well, that's like having a black cat crossing your path!

I was able to read at high school and adult level when I was only in the third grade, and I actually knew more about science, and the history of science during the medieval and Renaissance era, so I believe that some adults were actually frightened by me because of it. Yeah! I was almost like, one of the Children of The Damned!

So, my fucked up life is a perfect example of when happens when superstitious cowards attack!

Now, they think it's OK for corporations to rip people off, and they support slavery overseas, and selling children as sex slaves to get beaten and raped.

And they call themselves Christians, and according to them, like the former Bush administration for example: I'm not a citizen because I'm not a Christian.

So, I guess it's OK to steal from me, and then, kick me like a stray dog in the streets!
Brigan wrote:
Fat Man wrote:Yeah! It said the order was cancelled and my card not charged.

Lying sacks of shit!!!
Either you post a Screenshot of your recent transactions. (Blurring out Details that we don't need to see)

Or I'm calling out your bullshit.

You attention seeker Drama Queen. You didn't even paid attention to Earl's post. It's no surprise you avoid apologizing to anybody.
OK, You want some screen-shots of my E-mails?

You got it!

I will work on it this evening, because right now, I got to fix something to eat, and I'm going to be watching some geology videos on YouTube on the channel Coffee With Claire.

And then, after you see my scree-shots, you can eat your words!

In the meantime, go eat shit and DIE!!!

Fitman's Brother
Sports Bore

Fat Man: I believe you are too blinded by rage to make a complete, rational argument. Try again please, and leave your anger and baggage behind this time.