I Got An E-mail Calling Me A Cyber-Bully!

For non-sports-related posts. Because we really can't stand talking about sports!
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

I Got An E-mail Calling Me A Cyber-Bully!

Post by Fat Man »

Hey everybody!

Today, I got a rather interesting E-mail.

OK, my first name is Gerald, and when I saw this E-mail, in the subject line it said . . .

Gerald: You're a cyberbully

Well, at first I thought it was going to be an insulting E-mail from some retard complaining about my forum posts, or perhaps some comment I had posted under some YouTube videos.

But, no!

It actually turned out to be some really GOOD NEWS from DEMAND PROGRESS!
Gerald: You're a cyberbully

Gerald,

The best way to know that we're having an impact? When our opponents lash out at us. And boy did they ever.

Politico wrote an article that highlights some of the work we've done in opposition to CISPA -- including our campaign to call Mark Zuckerberg out on lining up Facebook in support of the bill:

Facebook, IBM and other firms along with lawmakers have been targeted this week in attacks on Twitter and Facebook, via email and online petitions.

What do the powers-that-be think of our grassroots activism?

Cyberbullying, one tech company insider dubbed it.

Right on. We want to be free to 'bully' mega corporations and politicians whenever they deserve it. And your donations keep us independent and make it possible for us to do so.

We need your support to pay our campaigners, designers, and coders as we take on CISPA and other threats to civil liberties and Internet freedom. Please click here to chip in $10.

We haven't won yet, but they're calling us cyberbullies because we're having a tangible impact on the workings on Capitol Hill.

We're making it harder for big businesses to push a pro-corporate, anti-Internet, anti-consumer agenda.

Over the last month alone we've generated more than 300,000 emails to Congress, nearly 200,000 signatures on our open letter to Facebook, and more than 15,000 phone calls to lawmakers.

And we've seen tangible results:

Amendments were adopted that made CISPA (marginally) better.

Earlier this month CISPA was supposed to sail through, but we helped foment real opposition, and the House vote was far closer than anybody could have imagined even a couple of weeks ago.

Most Democrats held firm in opposition, and more than two dozen libertarian-leaning Republicans defied their leadership and voted no.

Most importantly, President Obama has threatened to veto CISPA.

Will you support our continued organizing as the Senate gears up to work on cyber security legislation? Please click here to chip in $10.

Thanks so much for your support!

-Demand Progress

Paid for by Demand Progress (DemandProgress.org) and not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee. Contributions are not deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes.
Yeah! The E-mail was from Demand Progress, and I have been signing on-line petitions from them urging our duly elected officials NOT to pass CISPA, Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act.

Here's some more information on what CISPA is all about.

Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA) is a proposed law in the United States which would allow for the sharing of internet traffic information between the U.S. government and certain technology and manufacturing companies. The stated aim of the bill is to help the U.S Government investigate cyber threats and ensure the security of networks against cyber attack.

CISPA has garnered favor from corporations and lobbying groups such as Microsoft, Facebook and the United States Chamber of Commerce, which look on it as a simple and effective means of sharing important cyber threat information with the government. CISPA has been criticized by advocates of internet privacy and civil liberties, such as the Electronic Frontier Foundation, the American Civil Liberties Union, and Avaaz.org. Those groups argue CISPA contains too few limits on how and when the government may monitor private individualâ??s internet browsing information. Additionally, they fear that such new powers could be used to surveil the general public rather than to pursue malicious hackers.

Some critics saw CISPA as a second attempt at strengthening digital piracy laws after the anti-piracy Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) became deeply unpopular. Intellectual property theft was initially listed in the bill as a possible cause for sharing web traffic information with the government, though it was removed in subsequent drafts.

The legislation was introduced on November 30, 2011 by U.S. Representative Michael Rogers (R-MI) and 111 co-sponsors. It was passed in the House of Representatives on April 26, 2012. President Obama has argued that the bill lacks confidentiality and civil liberties safeguards and has threatened to veto it.
The CISPA act would be a threat to Internet privacy, and to our civil liberties.

Yeah! My E-mails, and my web browsing is my own damn business!

If all the Christard Funny-mentalists in the Republican party were to know everything they wanted to know about my YouTube viewing habits, they would probably want to put me on the stretch rack and have me burned at the stake!

So, all the big corporate cry-babies are all crying boo hoo and calling us "cyber-bullies" because we want to safeguard our privacy and civil liberties!

No, they are the real bullies, because they want to take away our privacy and civil liberties.

And now, they're all crying boo hoo and calling us cyber-bullies because they won't get to spy on us.

Well, too fucking bad for them!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Fitman's Brother
Sports Bore

Re: I Got An E-mail Calling Me A Cyber-Bully!

Post by Fitman's Brother »

Sounds like a scam. They want money from you.

Also, while I'm not too religious and don't really care, it seems that your friend Earl doesn't care for your anti-Christian bigotry. It appears to me he's the only friend you have on here. If I were him, though, I wouldn't tolerate or be friends with somebody who consistently makes fun of something I believe in.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Fitman's Brother wrote:Sounds like a scam. They want money from you.

Also, while I'm not too religious and don't really care, it seems that your friend Earl doesn't care for your anti-Christian bigotry. It appears to me he's the only friend you have on here. If I were him, though, I wouldn't tolerate or be friends with somebody who consistently makes fun of something I believe in.
They all ask for donations, even if it's only $3 dollars. But they know not everybody can donate. They know that. Also, I have never got any E-mails demanding donations. It's voluntary. They're mainly happy to have their on-lone petitions signed

Unlike you sports-tards and the sports-obsessed zoo-tramps from 4chan who spammed this forum about a couple of years ago, and harassed me, and somehow got my phone number and E-mail put up at Encyclopedia Dramatica causing me to receive harassing phone calls trough out the night, and getting a bill in my mail for about $50 dollars for purchases of some retarded sports magazines that I did not order!!!

I even had to close down my Face Book and My Space accounts to protect some of my friends from harassment. So, I can't have anything of my own!

You call me a parasite because I get a small disability check!

No! You sports fans and jocks are the real parasites, who not only cause me to be denied a decent education, and destroyed my science and art projects in school, you parasites not only suck on my money and suck money away from my tax paying parents, but you also suck on my blood!

Anyway . . . . .

I sign these petitions on line because I believe in protecting our privacy, and I support Internet freedom against censorship, so that even pricks like you can have free access on the internet, and express your opinions and so that you can also come into these forums to rip me apart.

Yeah! You should be down on your knees, kissing my feet, and thanking me!

And, as for religion . . . . .

I don't know how many times I have tried to make clear in the past, that I'm NOT down on ALL Christians, but only those right-wing extremists who call themselves Christians.

Well, I guess I will have to make that disclaimer every time before I post something concerning religion.

No, go on suck Santa Clause's cock or the Easter Bunny's cock, and leave me alone little boy!!!

I have much better things to do with my time, than to argue with fucking retards like you!

So, take your fucking drum and BEAT IT!!!
Last edited by Fat Man on Mon May 07, 2012 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Brigan

Post by Brigan »

are you too retarded to even notice that the people that came from 4chan are "nerds" and "geeks" like you?

You were attacked by your own kind.

Not sports fans :roll:..

Sheep! :mrgreen:
i_like_1981 wrote:I respect a person who uses the knowledge they have of our language to come onto a forum with an opposing view and attempt to have a decent discussion. He's trying his best. Defend your points all you want, Fat Man, but it's unfair to insult his English skills when he's not a native speaker and is trying his hardest to communicate with us.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Brigan wrote:are you too retarded to even notice that the people that came from 4chan are "nerds" and "geeks" like you?

You were attacked by your own kind.

Not sports fans :roll:..

Sheep! :mrgreen:
Well, if some of the 4chan members are nerds and geeks, then they are not true nerds and geeks, they are traitors to nerds and geeks everywhere.

Also, most of members are actually pedophiles.

THE CHANS, 4 CHAN, 7CHAN, 12CHAN AND THE PEDOPHILES!!!
http://www.sportssuck.org/phpbb2/viewto ... f=7&t=4576

And I think you're one of them!!!

Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

[UPDATE - I have just now got another E-mail from DEMAND PROGRESS!]
re: They're calling us cyberbullies

Gerald,

As math-and-computer-geeks-turned-grassroots-activists, Demand Progress's staff appreciates the absurdity and audacity of the business lobbyists who've called us cyberbullies -- on so many levels.

It's ridiculous and maybe a bit offensive, but it's a clear indication that we're having a real impact on lawmakers and lobbyists in DC.

Thanks so much,

Demand Progress
Yeah! I'm fighting for Internet freedom so that even sorry pricks like Fit Shit's Brother and Brigoon and come into a web site forum just to harass me!

Why?

Because I still believe that even idiots like them are free to express their opinions, even at my expense!

And, I'm even fighting for their rights to privacy!

Why?

Because I say that Government has no right to spy on our personal E-mails and what web sites we visit, and what we say in forum topics to be used against us.

No, you don't need to thank me!

Just keep on doing what your doing now!

You're entitled to your retarded little opinions.

And I'm entitled to my opinions.

So, the both of you can just go EAT SHIT AND DIE!

OK???

Fitman's Brother
Sports Bore

Fat Man, you signing a little internet petition isn't going to do shit. You're just as bad as the "Stop Kony" crowd who just go around yelling about Kony but not actually doing anything about it.

If you want to make a difference, do something. Until then, you're just a brain-dead hypocrite. :P
Skul
Forum Admin

Post by Skul »

These "little Internet petitions" actually have done "shit". Heard of SOPA and PIPA? People signing the petitions got them stopped. And now we're fighting CISPA. In fact, thanks to the petitions, President Obama has threatened to veto the bill. Do your research.
Forum Rules

SportsSuck.org. Bringing you the truth... no matter how bad it hurts.

Love and Tolerance!
Brigan

Post by Brigan »

I'm a fucking idiot.
i_like_1981 wrote:I respect a person who uses the knowledge they have of our language to come onto a forum with an opposing view and attempt to have a decent discussion. He's trying his best. Defend your points all you want, Fat Man, but it's unfair to insult his English skills when he's not a native speaker and is trying his hardest to communicate with us.
Fitman's Brother
Sports Bore

me too im a fucking idiot
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

In response to Fit Man's Brother and Brigian!!!

OK, I'm going to try to refrain from name calling and insults here, in this response, but I am still going to call you guys out on your bullshit!!!

It's obvious that you have never been to these web sites with their petitions.

Not only do they put up petitions, but some of them also put up phone numbers to call your representatives' offices, so it's actually a combination of both signing petitions and calling your representatives.

And yes, after they have reached their goal for the number of signatures, I get E-mails saying that we did have an impact on our elected officials, causing them to change their minds, and voting against the pending bills.

But it's obvious that neither of you guys care about human rights, that all you care about is your precious sports!

Yeah, when I had mentioned about how I was beaten and raped by an older man back when I was 17 years old, did any of you say that you were sorry that something like that happened to me?

When I had mentioned how I was wrongly suspended from school just because I failed to climb a rope in the gym, even though I was passing all my other academic subjects, did either one of you say that it was wrong for them to do that?

No! Instead, you both seem to think it's funny, and I get called a parasite, or get told that it is IRRELEVANT!

Perhaps, if either one of you had at least acknowledged that what was done to me was wrong, I wouldn't be trying to rip you guys a new one all the time!

Yeah, every time I post a new topic, you like to come into it, and change the subject, and turn it into a bar room fight!

Sorry, but I get the impression that neither of you guys have any sense of morals what-so-ever!

And you wonder why I hate sports fans and jocks???

There, I said what needed to be said, and this time I did not resort to name calling.

But, I will call you out on your bullshit!

Fitman's Brother
Sports Bore

You really ARE a BIG FAT SHEEP, aren't you Fat Man?
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Fitman's Brother wrote:You really ARE a BIG FAT SHEEP, aren't you Fat Man?
NO! WRONG AGAIN!

I have always been an independent thinker. That's why I wanted to study science in school.

It is you sports fans who are the sheep and cattle because you all think alike!

And it's religious retards who are also sheep and cattle who all believe in the same childish, moronic, infantile fairy tales.

I don't follow anyone!

Hey! Maybe you need to be locked up somewhere for a few weeks and get beaten and raped!

You just proved to me that you have no morals what-so-ever!

Brigan

Post by Brigan »

It's difficult for you to grasp what we're trying to teach you right?

mmm let me try a different approach.

I could make... an Internet petition.. To declare you Fat Man, The lost living fossil of the Ignoramuse.

I can and I will get a shit ton of signed petitions to do it.

why? because you can with bots.

Petitions end up rarely as a medium of consult for the own people that placed it.
Did you know what a Proxy is? if you do. then please shut up.

Thank you.

Did you know. that Moot (Founder of 4chan) got in the TIMES list of most influential people of the World.

Can you figure out how did he get there? :roll:
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

GO FUCK YOURSELF!!!

You won't even acknowledge that bullying and rape is morally wrong.

And I get called a sheep?

Well, your a fucking PIG!!!

And I hope you get skinned alive and made into a football.