I'm Back

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
HugeFanOfBadReligion

Re: I'm Back

Post by HugeFanOfBadReligion »

If some argument does happen in the chat room, someone should say so here, so I can head over there if there is something worth seeing.
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama
Brigan

Post by Brigan »

Fatty chickened out. doubt it will happen.
i_like_1981 wrote:I respect a person who uses the knowledge they have of our language to come onto a forum with an opposing view and attempt to have a decent discussion. He's trying his best. Defend your points all you want, Fat Man, but it's unfair to insult his English skills when he's not a native speaker and is trying his hardest to communicate with us.
Fitman's Brother
Sports Bore

Post by Fitman's Brother »

Grade A Coward is Fat Man
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

I'm not interested in the chat room, because you're just going to be saying the same shit to me there that you have been saying to me in the forums.

So, why should I subject myself to more of the same?

In fact, in the chat room it will be even worse, because you could say stuff there that you will not be able to get away with in these open forums.

No, I don't care to step into a rape den with your fuck-tards!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Brigan

Post by Brigan »

Earl is a moderator that WAS in the CHAT Room. You moron!
i_like_1981 wrote:I respect a person who uses the knowledge they have of our language to come onto a forum with an opposing view and attempt to have a decent discussion. He's trying his best. Defend your points all you want, Fat Man, but it's unfair to insult his English skills when he's not a native speaker and is trying his hardest to communicate with us.
greencom

Post by greencom »

Brigan,
You don't get it do you? The point I'm trying to make is that you and other "athletes" seem to think you are better than people that are not into it. Athletes are a dime a dozen and to me they're just performing monkeys.
Brigan

Post by Brigan »

greencom wrote:Brigan,
You don't get it do you? The point I'm trying to make is that you and other "athletes" seem to think you are better than people that are not into it. Athletes are a dime a dozen and to me they're just performing monkeys.
I'm not even An athlete. I don't think I'm better than you. but you're not better than me either.

I attend to a gym to keep in shape and still am a bit overweight.

And I enjoy sports.

What in the world could you THINK you're better person than me.?

I'm the same as everyone that surrounds me. I've worked hard to get where I am. I didn't even get good grades at P.E. I passed chemistry, Physics, Biology, English, top of my class. except math with some trouble. I even got bullied. I've been robbed at gunpoint TWICE.

Why should I blame sports for it? It's PEOPLE that do this shit. do you think It's fine for me to say that YOU and the rest of the Anti-sportsfan here are miserable human beings just because I take Fat Man as the prime example that ou guys don't know how to be Civil?

I enjoy Science. I don't believe in god but I don't bash people's beliefs disrespecting them. I'm a good friend of almost everyone at my neighborhood. I even help the ederly who never touched a PC to get them through internet petitions to the goverment.

TL:DR
I'm a geek..... who likes sports... HOW IN THE WORLD liking sports can degrade me to a point that YOU BELIEVE you're better than me.

I dare you to find a post of mine. Where I state that I'm better than all of you.

If you're just typing your mind without even reading the Forum post. Then I suggest you don't even say a word. You're only making yourself look bad.

If not then You're blind. just like Fat Man. and you're just feeding his self destruct behaviour.
Shame on you.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

greencom wrote:Brigan,
Or as Don Rickles once said "An ape that rolls over and does tricks in a sandbox!" Yeah, Don Rickles and I have three things in common!

We're both, fat, bald, and cynical!!!

I think of football as . . . a bunch of retarded rednecks who flunked Kindergarten playing Tiddly Winks out in some farmer's pasture with sun dried cow-flops!

Only, they're all hat, and no cattle!

Yeah! Ten gallon hats on half-pint heads!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Earl

Post by Earl »

Brigan, you have said a lot about a few members of this board who are hateful and engage in abusive rhetoric. I'd like to call your attention to two messages that were just left in the Guestbook by sports fans. I've quoted them, as follows:
Damn all these ignorant assholes that say sports suck. If the suck, then why the hell do so many people enjoy watching and playing. Just because you're a weakass nerd with no friends, doesn't mean sports suck.

You guys are a bunch of assholes and you probably just suck balls at sports. Just fuck off and go kill yourselves.

I assume these two guys are school athletes. I wonder how they relate to the nonathletic guys at their schools. I'm not sure I'd like to know. Could they possibly be bullies? Given the abusive nature of their comments, I wouldn't be surprised.

So, while you're perfectly within your right to criticize wrong attitudes on the part of supporters of this website (as I've done myself), let's not forget the fact that more than a few on the other side have bad attitudes of their own. (Do many of those in the sports crowd condemn these bad attitudes? For example, I would ask you this question: Are the majority of high-school football coaches in the United States morally opposed to any of their players bullying physically weaker, nonathletic boys at their schools? I know some are, and I honor them. But I'm not at all convinced that the majority are opposed to bullying.) And I can assure you that in the United States, where so much emphasis is placed upon sports in the schools (certainly much more than in European countries), those in the sports crowd who have wrong attitudes have far more power than the teenage versions of Fat Man. In fact, the teenage versions of Fat Man really don't have any power, socially speaking.

At many, if not most, high schools in the United States, the members of the football team are automatically elevated to the top of the social heirarchy. A football player who is an arrogant bully is treated the same as a football player who is a decent kid. No distinction is made. This is what I saw as I was growing up. I doubt much has changed since.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Brigan

Post by Brigan »

I wouldn't say a lot of a Few Members, I've said plenty about Fat Man, and a bit of greencom as he only replied to my messages "sports is bad hurr durrr" instead of really replying seriously. as he not only ignored the points of my posts but replied with nonsense. while Sportsman (being a sportsman and shelling out "dumbass") I pointed out that insults are not really needed as I'm yet to insult him, The same way I approached Fat Man the first time.

irony... It almost feel like when dealing with Fat Man is dealing with the same attitude of Jocks.

The guest room, when used by cowards, is left for only insults like they did.

I'll guess the real issue here is the american people. the culture at it's best.

We've got P.E. here although I got bullied, it didn't come from the Athletic guys, in fact it was from very large obese kid.

Sports is a large thing. HUGE... it will be getting the majority of assholes out there. as there is in any social group. for instance we've got ourselves an asshole. Fat Man. and he doesn't like sports.

The emphasis placed on sports at american schools, yields the result of having high tier sportsmanship. Your country is one of the best tier on Baseball, Football, and many other sports. It's a nation wide pride.

But it does have problem. discrimination and bullying comes out of it as players are rewarded "inmunity" because the school they represent has a chance of winning prestige at a tournament or championship. this in other countries is punished as they don't really care.

I hope this is a problem that is getting solved in your country, because it really sucks I hate people with advantages, as I've seen on Law school.

Earl wrote:At many, if not most, high schools in the United States, the members of the football team are automatically elevated to the top of the social heirarchy. A football player who is an arrogant bully is treated the same as a football player who is a decent kid. No distinction is made. This is what I saw as I was growing up. I doubt much has changed since.
This is wrong (not that you are Earl). not only do the bully gets a good treatment, but sees no reason to stop being what he is.

The football players who think their above the law, It's the same as the young criminals of my country. they haven't face punishment for their actions when they where young. Football players thinking they are the best shit out there. so they won't get into trouble.

while the young criminals shit that I so despise it's because the poor class in my country think it's the most great Idea to have over 5 children while they get poorer and poorer. What does that have to do with anything Brigan? you may ask.

Well the price of being poor and having a lot of children, is that the parents are not around to teach them values, or those that do stay around are themselves criminals, drug addicts, or even criminals.

People are assholes because they are. not because they like something in particular.

But to blame sports. is a bit childish. The olimpic games are upon us soon. I'm not gonna say go a watch it. If you don't like it fine, but It's something athletes from all over the world try to earn that Gold medal for their country.

try watching something that you like. Gymnastic (dunno the name, but it's when women do these acrobatics on a plastic table or some sort). again try. don't do it if you don't want to.

wow this post was longer than I expected ^^.
Fitman's Brother
Sports Bore

Haven't posted here for 2 days or so. Did Fatty grow the balls to chat in the chat room or is he still being a little bitch chicken?
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Earl wrote: . . . . . let's not forget the fact that more than a few on the other side have bad attitudes of their own. (Do many of those in the sports crowd condemn these bad attitudes? For example, I would ask you this question: Are the majority of high-school football coaches in the United States morally opposed to any of their players bullying physically weaker, nonathletic boys at their schools? I know some are, and I honor them. But I'm not at all convinced that the majority are opposed to bullying.) And I can assure you that in the United States, where so much emphasis is placed upon sports in the schools (certainly much more than in European countries), those in the sports crowd who have wrong attitudes have far more power than the teenage versions of Fat Man. In fact, the teenage versions of Fat Man really don't have any power, socially speaking.

At many, if not most, high schools in the United States, the members of the football team are automatically elevated to the top of the social heirarchy. A football player who is an arrogant bully is treated the same as a football player who is a decent kid. No distinction is made. This is what I saw as I was growing up. I doubt much has changed since.
Good evening Earl:

Actually, the worst bullies in my schools were a couple of teachers had and the PE coaches. The second worst were among the sports fans in my school, and they were actually worse than the jocks themselves!

I got pushed around by a few jocks, and called names, but the students who were sports fans, some of them destroyed my science and art projects and I've gotten into some fight with them, but it was one of my teachers who violently assaulted me, punching me in the stomach with a basket ball so hard I nearly black out and I was lucky I didn't have some fractured ribs, and then, getting my head bashed against the corner of a concrete block wall by the same teacher who wouldn't allow me to check out an astronomy book I wanted from the school library.

So, the very worst actually came from adults who should have known better.

Fitman's Brother
Sports Bore

The biggest "bully" I ever met was Fat Man. He treats others like crap because he has such low self esteem himself.

I put "bully" in quotes because he has no effect on anybody; he's more there just for entertainment value when you read his absurd posts.
greencom

Post by greencom »

Brigan,
I never said "sports is bad". The point I keep trying to make and you keep missing is that society raises the level of sports to a kind of religion, where the players are some sort of priests that should be revered and the fans are slavish sheepish followers that look upon non followers as losers and people that should be ridiculed. You can argue all you want but in the US at least sports is the central focus of most people and I really do not understand how something so pointless can be so popular. I consider myself lucky to not be part of that crowd. It's not the sports, it's the worship of it that I feel is foolish and immature. As I have said in an earlier post, in my school and college days, not all the jocks were bullies but all the bullies were jocks and they never had to pay for the pain they caused to others because they were "the special ones". I went through hell in school because of "sports people" at least as an adult I can ignore those criminals but it is tough on kids that have more lofty goals that being a stupid jock or an idiot that is under their spell. I do get a lot of satisfaction at seeing some of my younger co-workers that played football in school as they hobble around and talk about their glory days in school, I can out perform them in any physical activity at work and I'm 30 years older that a lot of them, they are physical wrecks because they were stupid enough to dream of being a "star". I am all about keeping fit and active but I look at the sports industry and it makes me want to hurl. You sound like a very intelligent person, don't lower yourself to the level of the masses. I am not your enemy and I hold not ill feelings toward you, I just want you to know why I hate how society has sold out to the sports demons.
Earl

Post by Earl »

Greencom, you need to come back :( ... and stay. :)
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related