The Worst Show on TV : Friday Night Lights

This forum is dedicated to expressing how much football and soccer suck!
Ray
Site Admin

The Worst Show on TV : Friday Night Lights

Post by Ray »

No, I haven't actually seen it but I've seen enough in the commercials to make me swear off TV for life.

http://www.nbc.com/Friday_Night_Lights/

A series about high school football. About how football players are stars, almost saviors. How they represent the town and how the town depends on them blah blah blah. The surreal thing is there are a lot of people who actually believe this stuff.[/url]

I Hope We Lose!
natmanhan

Re: The Worst Show on TV : Friday Night Lights

Post by natmanhan »

If they have a nerd/goth/prep equivalent I'll tolerate it. If they don't they can go to hell.
blackdog4444

Post by blackdog4444 »

lol natmanhan. Who ever thought that sports was that important to the community that they thought they should make a TV series about it should definitely jump off a cliff after being tarred and feathered.
Skul
Forum Admin

Post by Skul »

Worst show on TV? What, even worse than Jerry Springer? :P
Forum Rules

SportsSuck.org. Bringing you the truth... no matter how bad it hurts.

Love and Tolerance!
blackdog4444

Post by blackdog4444 »

Quite possibly, though kind of a close comparison though. Jerry Springer was only good because of the fights. :)
Detroitsportsfan08
Sports Bore

Post by Detroitsportsfan08 »

Sadly, for you guys, that's how it is in Texas, where the series is based.
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

If that was true, I'd say it was sad for the state of Texas, not us. Tragic even. We should probably send care packages to those poor, suffering Texans.

I Hope We Lose!
Lewis

Post by Lewis »

It is a shame, afterall should academic achievements be held in the same regard as sporting achievements.
Indurrago

Post by Indurrago »

I remember watching some commercial on it I think. Man that must be lame, I guess they're trying to get some sports viewers to watch DRAMA? Lol, that's a real strech.
Detroitsportsfan08 wrote:Sadly, for you guys, that's how it is in Texas, where the series is based.
That's a true shame. You know even if they depict "healthy strong football players" that doesn't change the fact that overall Texas has a SERIOUS obesity problem.
Lewis wrote:It is a shame, afterall should academic achievements be held in the same regard as sporting achievements.
They should but it's always comforting that in the end the theories and scientific laws we study weren't written by jocks but by educated people who make long-lasting contributions to society. Lol, check this drawing from middle ages of people playing football: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Mobfooty.jpg Sports hasn't changed much eh? :lol:
"We believe in Vader, the Darth almighty, destroyer of Alderaan and the Sith. We believe in Luke, his only son, our Jedi. He was concieved by the power of the Force, and born of the senator Padme. Suffered under Darth Sidius, electrocuted, survived and partied with Ewoks. He descended to the Death Star, on the third hour he flew out in an Imperial ship and landed on Endor. He is seated on the right hand of Obi-Wan's ghost. He will come again to train Leia to be a Jedi. We believe? in Yoda.........:D
blackdog4444

Post by blackdog4444 »

Indurrago wrote:
Detroitsportsfan08 wrote:Sadly, for you guys, that's how it is in Texas, where the series is based.
That's a true shame. You know even if they depict "healthy strong football players" that doesn't change the fact that overall Texas has a SERIOUS obesity problem.
Has someone never heard of Texas sized meals? Either it's a "yes, but I forgot" or a "No, I am just THAT more naïve". I knew some Texans, though.
Indurrago

Post by Indurrago »

Three Words: SUPER SIZE ME!
"We believe in Vader, the Darth almighty, destroyer of Alderaan and the Sith. We believe in Luke, his only son, our Jedi. He was concieved by the power of the Force, and born of the senator Padme. Suffered under Darth Sidius, electrocuted, survived and partied with Ewoks. He descended to the Death Star, on the third hour he flew out in an Imperial ship and landed on Endor. He is seated on the right hand of Obi-Wan's ghost. He will come again to train Leia to be a Jedi. We believe? in Yoda.........:D
Lewis

Post by Lewis »

The only show I can think of with smart people in it is The Big Bang Theory and in that show they are shown as a bunch of stereotypical nerds.
blackdog4444

Post by blackdog4444 »

Ghost Hunters is a good show, too. The guys there are quite smart, but yet entertaining due to the fact a couple of them are scared to death of bugs and one has just about every phobia in existance - except for the fact he just isn't scared of ghosts. Quite ironic, yes? I like how they explain all the different theories behind paranormal investigation tactics and the theories about how paranormal phenominon occur.
jboy590

Post by jboy590 »

Friday night lights how about Friday night crap. Now a Good show is battlefields it shows world war 2 Major battle fields like North Africa,Normandy,battle for the Rhine,Midway etc.in part one of an episode it gives an overview of the calm before the storm part 2 gives the actual battle(s) and the aftermath nothing like a good ol' war show in the morning or how about Hitlers body guards it shows how a few rsd and ss men protected the crazy son of a !@##& dictator.
my idea of the school hierarchy-top of the food chain-nerds
The average Joe(that's not interested in sports)
bully's(non-jock type)
cheerleaders
and to top it all off the biggest losers-
JOCKS!!!!!!!!!!!
SEAL76

Post by SEAL76 »

Friday Night Lights is canceled. I am so glad. Not only is there endless "real" sports on TV but we were subjected to a fictional sport show as well. Its gone and good riddance.