Sports Culture Or Sports Cult?

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Fitman's Brother
Sports Bore

Re: Sports Culture Or Sports Cult?

Post by Fitman's Brother »

Very good point Earl. I indeed probably would have asked Fat Man a few questions and would have been interested. That puts things into perspective.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Re: Sports Culture Or Sports Cult?

Post by Fat Man »

Earl wrote:Here's an interesting observation from yours truly:

Suppose Fat Man and Fitman's Brother had encountered each other face to face, instead of posting comments in some website's forum -- say, at the Starbucks in El Paso, Texas, where Fat Man set up his telescope for the transit of Venus across the face of the sun. I believe their interaction would have been of a completely different nature. Fitman's Brother probably would have asked a question or two out of curiosity, and the two of them would have had a pleasant chat. Each would have seen the other as a full human being instead of words on a computer screen produced by the world of dancing electrons.

Of course, that's not the case here, sad to say. Truly it is sad, and there's nothing I as a moderator can do about it. :( Just a wistful comment from yours truly. :|
Yes, and we can also get away with saying all kinds of shit to one another that we could never get away with in real life.

None of us here uses our real names, and I'm the only one here who has put up an actual photo of myself in my avatar.

Yeah, I call myself Fat Man, and my avatar shows that I really am a Fat Man.

Also, I like the user name Fat Man because it has pizazz, and I AM DA BOMB!!!

Anyway . . . . .

I have been open and honest here, even openly admitting my past issues concerning my mental health.
Fitman's Brother wrote:Very good point Earl. I indeed probably would have asked Fat Man a few questions and would have been interested. That puts things into perspective.
Well, knock me over with a horse feather!!!

I'm amazed! I really can't think of anything more to say in response.

I'll need some time to think about this.

In the meantime, it's getting late, and I need to log some sack time.

Will wonders ever cease!!!

I guess thanks are in order here.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!