June 17 Father's Day, Don't Make Your Wife A Football Widow!

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

June 17 Father's Day, Don't Make Your Wife A Football Widow!

Post by Fat Man »

Good evening one and all!!!

Well, tomorrow, Sunday, June 17,2012 here in the USA is officially Father's Day.

Yes, guys, it's your day, to kick back and relax on a Sunday afternoon.

But for once, do you have to watch football, or any kind of sports?

Just once, do some fathering! Do something with your family, your wives and kids. OK?

Yeah, I know, I have never been married, so, I don't know what it's like to be married with a wife and kids.

I'm only expressing an opinion here. OK?

But if I were President of the United States, I would have some kind of legislation passed that would make it illegal to broadcast sports on TV during Father's Day, to encourage fathers to get up off their duffs and do things with their families, mainly, being a father to his children, and a husband to his wife.

Take your family out for a picnic in the park. Make a fire, and barbecue some hamburgers or hotdogs or chicken on the grill.

Yes, real men do cook!

In fact, cooking was invented by men over 150,000 years ago when our ancestors were hunters and gatherers. The women would go into the forest to gather herbs, roots, and berries, and wild fruit, while the men would go out hunting for the meat, and the men would build the fire and roast the meat on the fire, so, it was men who invented cooking.

So, be a real man, and cook something! OK?

There are many activities you can do with your family.

OK, if you feel you must watch some sports, then take your family out to a ball game, and then, after that, go to a nice restaurant to eat.

Then take in a movie at the theater, anything, as long as it involves your family.

But, whatever you do, do it with your family!

Just for once, please don't make your wife a football widow! OK?

In the meantime, to all you guys here who are married, with a wife and kids . . . . .

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Fitman's Brother
Sports Bore

Re: June 17 Father's Day, Don't Make Your Wife A Football Wi

Post by Fitman's Brother »

Well thankfully you will never be elected into public office. It's just wrong to control the way people live their lives. You would have a totalitarian state in your dystopian society.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Fitman's Brother wrote:Well thankfully you will never be elected into public office. It's just wrong to control the way people live their lives. You would have a totalitarian state in your dystopian society.
OK! OK!

I know that proposing legislation to stop sports broadcasts on TV during Father's Day is unrealistic.

I get that! OK?

Oh! But regular programming is often pre-empted to broadcast a game on TV.

And speaking of legislation . . . . .

OK, this is going to be off topic! So, sue me!

Anyway . . . . .

North Carolina legislators want to pass a law making it illegal for climate scientist to publish data concerning sea levels rises. According to their findings, sea levels are expected to rise about a meter before this century is over, but the legislators want to pass a bill making it illegal to publish these facts.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2 ... evel-rises

North Carolina tries to wish away
sea-level rise

US state proposes new law that would ignore grim projections of a
one-metre sea-level rise by the end of the century

Kate Sheppard for Mother Jones, part of the Guardian Environment Network
guardian.co.uk, Friday 1 June 2012 06.58 EDT

A woman walks along the beach in Kitty Hawk, North Carolina.
Photograph: Mark Wilson/Getty Images

Some lawmakers will go to great lengths to deny the reality of climate change. But this week, North Carolina lawmakers reached new heights of denial, proposing a new law that would require estimates of sea level rise to be based only on historical dataâ??not on all the evidence that demonstrates that the seas are rising much faster now thanks to global warming.

The sea level along the coast of North Carolina is expected to rise about a meter by the end of the century. But business interests in the state are worried that grim projections that account for climate-induced sea level rise will make it harder for them to develop along the coast line. So policymakers in the state plan to deal with that issue by writing a law requiring inaccurate projections. No joke, here's what the measure says:
These rates shall only be determined using historical data, and these data shall be limited to the time period following the year 1900. Rates of seas-level rise may be extrapolated linearly â?¦
I'll stop here, because Scientific American's Scott Huler, a North Carolina resident, has an epic rant about this that can't be outdone:
It goes on, but there's the core: North Carolina legislators have decided that the way to make exponential increases in sea level rise â?? caused by those inconvenient feedback loops we keep hearing about from scientists â?? go away is to make it against the law to extrapolate exponential; we can only extrapolate along a line predicted by previous sea level rises.

Which, yes, is exactly like saying, do not predict tomorrow's weather based on radar images of a hurricane swirling offshore, moving west towards us with 60-mph winds and ten inches of rain. Predict the weather based on the last two weeks of fair weather with gentle breezes towards the east. Don't use radar and barometers; use the Farmer's Almanac and what grandpa remembers.
It's not clear when or if this is going to be voted on, but if it passes, the state would continue to develop along the coastline without paying any attention to where the sea will be in 50 or 90 years. Willful ignorance, thy name is North Carolina.
So, essentially, North Carolina legislators wish that scientists would not publish their findings based on their latest research.

Yeah! They want to control what scientists may or may not publish.

Gee! I wonder!

When was the last time something like that happened, when a scientist was told to shut up about something?

Hmmmm! Let's see now . . . . . . .

Oh yes! Now I remember!

It was back in the year 1616 the first time Galileo was summoned to appear before Roman Catholic church authorities in the Holy Office of The Inquisition. Galileo had received his admonition and the Church took the formal step of suspending or prohibiting publication and distribution of books suggesting that the Earth revolved around the Sun.

Another words, Galileo was issued his official, Shut The Fuck Up Papers!

Then years later, in 1633, Galileo again got in Dutch with the church authorities, and was summoned again to appear before The Holy Office. Yeah! He had to pack his Gucci bags, and leave his home in Florance Italy to appear before church officials in Rome, where he was interrogated for many long hours, forced to sign a false confession, then allowed to return to his home in Florance, and spent the remainder of his life under house arrest.

And, told to just shut the fuck up!

Yeah! Uh huh! Really nice! Eh?

Now, North Carolina politicians are thinking of passing legislation telling scientists to shut the fuck up about the possible one-meter rises in sea levels before the 22ed Century.

So, we're already well on the way toward having a dystopian and totalitarian society!

I only proposed legislation against sports broadcast on TV during Father's Day, which would be for only one day of the year.

Also, I was more or less kidding on that, because I know, that realistically, it would not be possible. OK?

Oh! But some ultra-conservatives politicians in North Carolina are thinking of passing some kind of legislation that would effectively tell scientists to shut the fuck up!

No, we can't censor sports, but we sure can censor science! Right?

Well, anyway . . . to get back on topic again . . .

If you happen to be a father, then for once, instead of just watching sports on TV, get out of the house and do something with your family.

OK, if you want to go to a ball park, then, fine!

But, just do it with your family! OK?

Okey Dokey, Smokey???
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

recovering_fan

Post by recovering_fan »

Fat Man wrote: Yes, real men do cook!

In fact, cooking was invented by men over 150,000 years ago when our ancestors were hunters and gatherers. The women would go into the forest to gather herbs, roots, and berries, and wild fruit, while the men would go out hunting for the meat, and the men would build the fire and roast the meat on the fire, so, it was men who invented cooking.

So, be a real man, and cook something! OK?
The sad thing is, there are some evil people who want to undo men's invention of 150,000 years ago. They are called "raw foodists." They believe digestive enzymes in foods that haven't been cooked aid digestion, so we shouldn't cook stuff!

If those idiots got their way, it would be like man's greatest invention never was, and women would once again get all the credit for providing all the food, thanks to all the nuts and berries and shit that they are able to spot in the woods, so the raw foodists need to be stopped!!!