Sick of Football

This forum is dedicated to expressing how much football and soccer suck!
Fitz301

Post by Fitz301 »

You are right about sports being a religion, I used to work at an arena where events such as hockey and basketball and pretty much any other stupid thing you can do in an arena took place. I, personally just enjoying setting stages for concerts the sports stuff was just the brakes of the trade.
Anyway, I remember this one time when that chrome-plated urinal they call Stanley's cup paid a visit, oh my god I never seen so many people turn out just to touch this chunk of tin. People were crying and carrying on like they just witnessed a miracle or something, they were even getting their pictures taken with it!
I told my then GF, now wife, that I bet if two lines were forming next to each other to see Jesus or this cup, Jesus's line would be empty!

Sick, pathetic assholes!

Fitz301 :twisted:
jockocaust

Post by jockocaust »

I read 'Why I hate sports' yesterday. Many teachers allow that kind of abuse. There's a sick prevailing attitude among the "jocks" that the nerdy girl with glasses doesn't really even count. Little Anne Erickson suffered physical abuse even when trying to assist these filthy gorillas! Probably no consequences for them either! She had feelings, she counts! In fact, I'm sure she has grown up to be a hundred times greater contributer to society than they have become. In adulthood, without the fanfare, many become young burnouts. Losers. The "drug" of fans, cheering, preferential treatment, the false sense of importance, accepted stupidity, and even accepted lawlessness is finally gone.
abitagirl

Post by abitagirl »

Fitz301 wrote:Anyway, I remember this one time when that chrome-plated urinal they call Stanley's cup paid a visit, oh my god I never seen so many people turn out just to touch this chunk of tin. People were crying and carrying on like they just witnessed a miracle or something, they were even getting their pictures taken with it!

I'm not sure why, but I started laughing at this. I guess it was the image of a bunch of morons going nuts over a piece of metal. :P
Fitz301

Post by Fitz301 »

The sad part is... it's all true! :D

Skul
Forum Admin

Post by Skul »

I don't know what to say to this. I can't possibly mock these idiots any more than they already have, themselves.

We're the ones who need to get a life? Are you sure?
Forum Rules

SportsSuck.org. Bringing you the truth... no matter how bad it hurts.

Love and Tolerance!
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

abitagirl wrote:
Fitz301 wrote:Anyway, I remember this one time when that chrome-plated urinal they call Stanley's cup paid a visit, oh my god I never seen so many people turn out just to touch this chunk of tin. People were crying and carrying on like they just witnessed a miracle or something, they were even getting their pictures taken with it!

I'm not sure why, but I started laughing at this. I guess it was the image of a bunch of morons going nuts over a piece of metal. :P
I was struck by it too. It's as if it was the Shroud of Turin or something. Did people ACTUALLY cry, Fitz? You must be kidding.

I Hope We Lose!
Fitz301

Post by Fitz301 »

There were a few teary eyed faces, mostly guys. I wish I was kidding.

Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

Fitz301 wrote:There were a few teary eyed faces, mostly guys. I wish I was kidding.

I'll be dog. :?

I Hope We Lose!
abitagirl

Post by abitagirl »

And I thought crying when a team lost was going too far. :roll: