Republicans Believe Pregnant Rape Victims Blessed By God!!!

For non-sports-related posts. Because we really can't stand talking about sports!
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Republicans Believe Pregnant Rape Victims Blessed By God!!!

Post by Fat Man »

OK, this is got to be the sickest thing I have ever heard of!

I just want to scream like a banshee!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Now, we have some moronic Republican fuck-tard who says that if a woman becomes pregnant from rape, that her child is a blessing from GOD!!!

http://www.alternet.org/hot-news-views/ ... 97066&t=28
As Rape Victims Step Forward and Akin Stays in Race, More
Republicans Make Insane Remarks on Rape and Pregnancy

Todd Akin is staying in the race for Missouri Senate, and the controversy over his remarks is swirling harder than your local Frozen Yogurt shop on a hot Saturday night.

This morning my colleague Lauren Kelley and I published a piece about 8 crazy things the GOP has said about pregnancy, rape and abortion that begin before and go beyond Todd Akin-gate -- but if we could add to the list, it would keep expanding by the minute.

Yes today, the crazy has continued--but so has something beautiful. Women are stepping forward to speak about their experience with rape, some keeping their pregnancies, some choosing not to. As always with these issues of reproductive choice, such personal tales are a strong rejoinder to myth and madness.

But first, let's recount the myth and madness.

Ultraconservative Rep. Steve King has this to say:

King told an Iowa reporter heâ??s never heard of a child getting pregnant from statutory rape or incest.

â??Well I just havenâ??t heard of that being a circumstance thatâ??s been brought to me in any personal way,â? King told KMEG-TV Monday, â??and Iâ??d be open to discussion about that subject matter.â?

A Democratic source flagged Kingâ??s praise of Akin in the KMEG interview to TPM. But potentially more controversial for King is his suggestion that pregnancies from statutory rape or incest donâ??t exist or happen rarely. A 1996 review by the Guttmacher Institute found â??at least half of all babies born to minor women are fathered by adult men.â?

Science. It's a thing, Rep. King. And then there was Sharon Barnes, a member of Missouri's GOP Central Committee, who stood by her man Akin:

Ms. Barnes echoed Mr. Akinâ??s statement that very few rapes resulted in pregnancy, adding that â??at that point, if God has chosen to bless this person with a life, you donâ??t kill it.â?

â??Thatâ??s more what I believe he was trying to state,â? she said. â??He just phrased it badly.â?

I wish Mr. King and Ms. Barnes could read some of what's being written out there.

There are several open letters to Rep. Akin, including Eve Ensler's moving piece about working with pregnant rape victims, and this letter at XoJane from a woman who decided to carry her rapists's baby and discovered that the legal system might give him paternity rights. There's the new Facebook page "legitimate survivors" and stories everywhere of women who are being done a real disservice by these heinous myths.

AlterNet / By Sarah Seltzer
Posted at August 21, 2012, 10:07 am
So, once again . . . . .
Ms. Barnes echoed Mr. Akinâ??s statement that very few rapes resulted in pregnancy, adding that â??at that point, if God has chosen to bless this person with a life, you donâ??t kill it.â?
Am I getting this right?

If a woman get beaten and raped, and becomes pregnant as a result, then the baby within her is a blessing from GOD???

These Republicans aren't just crazy, they're insane, criminally and dangerously insane!!!

No, they are not mentally ill.

Abraham Lincoln, Ernest Hemingway, Nicola Tesla, Johannes Kepler, and Issac Newton suffered from some form of mental illness, yet they contributed much to humanity.

The Republicans are not merely mentally ill, they are criminally and dangerously insane, and ABSOLUTELY EVIL!!!

Yeah! They are morally sick!

So now, according to these morally sick and EVIL Republicans, a rape can be a blessing from GOD???

NO! ABSOLUTELY NO! Having a baby from being raped is NOT a blessing from GOD!

She should be allowed the option of having an abortion, if she chooses, and if she can't afford to pay for the abortion, then the state should cover the cost. of said abortion.

If she chooses not to have the abortion, and decides to keep the child, then fine. That is her choice, and I shall respect her decision.

But if she chooses to have the abortion. That is also her choice, and she should be allowed to have the abortion, paid for by the state, if necessary.

No woman should ever be forced to carry her pregnancy to full term. NEVER!!! ABSOLUTELY NEVER!!!

Oh! But here some more imbecilic, and moronic fuck-tardery from our highly esteemed Republicans!

Now, get this!!!

Some are even advocating, that the rapist should have the right to sue the victim to prevent her from having the abortion, and to lay claim to the child as the father!

Yeah! Uh huh! That's right!!!

No! sorry Jimbo Bubbah Booey!

Actually, I'm not sorry, so instead, fuck you Jimbo Bubbah Booey!!!

No, the rapist should NOT be allowed to have any claim to parental rights over the child, to stop the abortion.

Also, if in the event, that she chooses to keep her child, the rapist should be required to pay for child support, and have absolutely no visitation rights! And he should be under a permanent restraining order, and not even be allowed to know where the victim lives after she has moved to a new location. The child support payments should be automatically deducted from his monthly pay check, about 75% percent, three/quarters of his total income, before taxes, and then, the remainder of his check should be taxed 50% percent, thus, placing him in a higher tax bracket!

And finally, the rapist should be required to have a badge pinned on his shirt, with a great big red letter R for RAPIST!!!

Of course, since most conservatives can't read or write and don't know the alphabet (I'm being cynical now) then it should be a talking badge, with a flashing red light, and electronic voice, saying over and over again, rapist . . . rapist . . . rapist . . . rapist . . . rapist . . . etc. etc.

And naturally, it should be solar powered to keep the battery charged.

And, there ya have it! My 21st Century version of The Scarlet Letter!!!

Yeah! You Republicans want to pass Draconian laws?

How do ya all like my version!!!

Oh! But I have more!

The rapist can never get a job as a school teacher, or a coach, nor even even a football player.

And he can only live in housing areas specifically for rapists and pedophiles, and be subject to curfew, not allowed be be outside his home after 10:00 PM. No! Make it 8:00 PM.

Oh! And he can never vote for the rest of his life!

See! I can also be a real prick!

And you can take that to the bank!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Fitman's Brother
Sports Bore

Re: Republicans Believe Pregnant Rape Victims Blessed By God

Post by Fitman's Brother »

I think you may have broken a personal record for shortest post of all time, Fat Man. I'm surprised here.

Still didn't read your bullshit. Doubt most people do actually. I do skim what you say from time to time simply for comic relief though.
Earl

Post by Earl »

As a Bible-believing Christian, I'm embarrassed and mortified by stupid people such as this woman ... :x

Pardon me while I go barf ...
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Earl wrote:As a Bible-believing Christian, I'm embarrassed and mortified by stupid people such as this woman ... :x

Pardon me while I go barf ...
Yes, it's because of people like her, and all those moronic ASSHATS in the Republican party, they are the ones I refer to a Christard Funny-mentalists!

I know that NOT ALL Christians, including some Bible believing Christians, do not fall under that category.

There are moderate Fundamentalists and extreme Fundamentalists, and it's the extremist within the ranks that I have an issue with.
[b][color=#FF00FF]Fitman's Brother[/color][/b] wrote:I think you may have broken a personal record for shortest post of all time, Fat Man. I'm surprised here.

Still didn't read your bullshit. Doubt most people do actually. I do skim what you say from time to time simply for comic relief though.
No, actually, my shortest posts are usually the occasional one-line posts that you'll fined in the Forum Games index.

Oh! So you think that my anger over people getting raped is just bullshit???

When ever I post an article about human right abuses, you only come into those topics just to harass me, and call anything I have to say, bullshit!!!

So, you (think?) that what I have to say about rape is comic relief???

It's obvious, you don't give a shit about people who have been raped!

Haven't you at least got anything to say about the article itself?

I don't give a flying fuck what you think of me, but you could have at least commented about the article I have posted.

No, you don't give a shit about rape victims!

Yeah! That's typical of you sports fans!

You have the morals of a sewer slug!

GO CRAWL INTO A SEWER, EAT SHIT, AND DIE!!!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!