First look: New 'virus' 'causes havoc'.

For non-sports-related posts. Because we really can't stand talking about sports!
Skul
Forum Admin

First look: New 'virus' 'causes havoc'.

Post by Skul »

In a forum post on my website, I read about a new virus -- possibly the most destructive one ever.
With some skepticism I've read a chain email that came into my inbox today. It was written in Dutch but has, according to the email, been 'causing havoc' (Panic and confusion) in New York within hours.

The virus has been rearing it's head in the form of a screensaver from 'The Budweiser Frogs' (Never heard of them myself...), which has been in circulation since yesterday. The virus is a real evil one, where most people haven't heard about.

On Tuesday morning, this information has been made available by Microsoft, according to the email. AOL claims, also according to the email, that there's no remedy yet for this virus.

Also states in this email is that CNN has apparently called this 'the worsed internet virus ever known', by Microsoft standards the most destructive of all,
Since the Sector Zero part of the PC is simply wiped out by this virus, which holds all the vital information needed to run the PC.

So much for your nice screensaver from the Budweiser Frogs, eh?

But that's not all according to the email.

McAfee has found this virus yesterday afternoon and has claimed that there is no protection against it yet.

This virus works as following, claims the email:

All your adresses in your adress are to be hijacked (Probably via a side virus or via the spreading of the virus) and are falsely used to send you a E card, or virtual card, by the name of "a virtual card for you". Which of course isn't a card but the virus.

Once it's opened, the PC freezes, and you'll have to restart.
Mind that if, according to the email, you try Ctrl-Alt-Del or the reset key, Sector Zero will be obliterated by the virus, a definitive end of your much cherished (Right?) hard disk, with all your work on it.

So if you get these sorts of emails, well, you get the idea. Don't open them.

Also any other variants, like "An Internet Flower For You", are part of the same sort of virus. Variants can destroy all the .DLL files needed to boot your PC, effectively rendering it useless.

This email could be complete bogus, or have some truth in it, I am not sure. But still it's always a good idea to be careful what to open in your email box, to make sure you run good Anti Spyware, Anti Adware and Anti Virus software to keep you safe.

I hope to be able to place a few of these programs on our site for download (Probably link - downloads) soon to help protect your PC against such attacks, if possible.

Once I know more about this whole situation, I will update.
Original forum post

Be on the lookout and don't open any e-cards (even if they appear to be from friends. E-mail them to double-check, first) until a way has been found to combat that this thing.
Forum Rules

SportsSuck.org. Bringing you the truth... no matter how bad it hurts.

Love and Tolerance!
Ray
Site Admin

Re: First look: New 'virus' 'causes havoc'.

Post by Ray »

Skul wrote:In a forum post on my website, I read about a new virus -- possibly the most destructive one ever.

Be on the lookout and don't open any e-cards (even if they appear to be from friends. E-mail them to double-check, first) until a way has been found to combat that this thing.

Thanks for the warning! I hadn't even heard of this.

I Hope We Lose!
vaworoja

WCx3ai9y9k

Post by vaworoja »

dbn392fop21
anal
mujeres lindas
hairy bush
sex
fisting video
mujeres
javascript
gangbang
Skul
Forum Admin

Re: WCx3ai9y9k

Post by Skul »

vaworoja wrote:dbn392fop21
anal
mujeres lindas
hairy bush
sex
fisting video
mujeres
javascript
gangbang
Uh-huh. If your average spam bot is a stealth bomber, then this one is a B-52 with a clunky engine...

Anyway, I think the virus has been found to be a hoax. No need to worry. :)
Forum Rules

SportsSuck.org. Bringing you the truth... no matter how bad it hurts.

Love and Tolerance!
Gene

Re: WCx3ai9y9k

Post by Gene »

Skul wrote:
vaworoja wrote:dbn392fop21
anal
mujeres lindas
hairy bush
sex
fisting video
mujeres
javascript
gangbang
Uh-huh. If your average spam bot is a stealth bomber, then this one is a B-52 with a clunky engine...
hehehe yes, that spammer was pitiful. I almost feel sorry for him. Maybe we should lend the poor guy a hand. :)
blackdog4444

Re: First look: New 'virus' 'causes havoc'.

Post by blackdog4444 »

If there is such a virus then I now know an excuse to randomly type "AVIRA" or "MCAFEE" when I'm chatting with one of my friends. It's funny to see their confused reaction! :lol: " :? "