I thought I'd heard everything...

This forum is dedicated to expressing how much football and soccer suck!
Ray
Site Admin

I thought I'd heard everything...

Post by Ray »

Check out this story about how a kid who was injured by a cannon used to signal the start of football games is being threatened!

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/296 ... ource=mypi

Apparently the town has a long standing tradition of firing the cannon at football games and now, now that someone got hurt, they're afraid that some safety-minded bureaucrat will ban its use at football games. So anonymous citizens have been sending death threats to the kid in the hospital warning him to keep quiet about the injury!!

Can you imagine what they would do if they thought their precious game of football was threatened?? They'd probably march down to the hospital in a torch lit mob and drag his out and hang him!

For the record, in case the link doesn't work, and you want to look this incredible story up, it happened in SNOHOMISH, Washington. Reported by the Seattle Post-Intelligencer. What a town of half-wits SNOHOMISH must be.

I Hope We Lose!
Skul
Forum Admin

Post by Skul »

That is just fucking despicable! Death threats! Death threats! Over some meaningless, unimportant game!

His leg was almost blown off and all they care about is their stupid cannon!
Article wrote:"Football is a huge part of the community," said Paula McVey, mother of a Snohomish student. "When there's a game on, you can hear it going from anywhere in town."
Really? All the more reason to ban it, then! Imagine that -- you sit down to have a nice, quiet, relaxing afternoon, but then all of a sudden, you hear a cannon firing and a roar of gibberish (otherwise known as football 'songs'). Afternoon ruined, peace spoiled, sports suck.
Article wrote:The threats also included mention the family would be "banned from the town," Bissell said. She's been warned not to talk to a lawyer, or reporters.
Banned from town because of a game. This is just pathetic. These sports fans really need to get lives. I am not kidding.
Article wrote:"This one was grandfathered in," said retired Marine Corps. Col. John Mack, who heads the Marine Corps Junior Reserve Officer Training unit at Snohomish High School and is in charge of the squad that fires the cannon. "We're the only school allowed to do it."
Yeah? Well, maybe you should stop doing it, huh?

There's too much to quote and comment on, but the long and short is this: A cannon accidentally blows up and the kid gets threatened with death if he releases any information about the incident.

It's probably safe to say that it's out now, since we're reading about it.

Does this prove sports are evil? I think so! Another example of sports being viewed more important than human life! Hell, they even continued on with the game afterwards, like, "Fuck him!"
Forum Rules

SportsSuck.org. Bringing you the truth... no matter how bad it hurts.

Love and Tolerance!
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

Skul wrote:That is just fucking despicable! Death threats! Death threats! Over some meaningless, unimportant game!

His leg was almost blown off and all they care about is their stupid cannon!
Article wrote:"Football is a huge part of the community," said Paula McVey, mother of a Snohomish student. "When there's a game on, you can hear it going from anywhere in town."
Really? All the more reason to ban it, then! Imagine that -- you sit down to have a nice, quiet, relaxing afternoon, but then all of a sudden, you hear a cannon firing and a roar of gibberish (otherwise known as football 'songs'). Afternoon ruined, peace spoiled, sports suck.
That's what I thought. Can you imagine? You can hear the game all over town? That is so bizarre. I pity the people who live there who aren't sports fans. This story is so weird it's hard to believe it's true. I guess the cannon is a source of regional pride: <i>"You should see OUR football games! We have a <b>CANNON!</b>"</i> ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

And did you read what the ROTC guy said? If it had been one of the football players injured, they would have airlifted him immediately. It's probably true. Oh, well. Maybe this example will help people realize how insane sports fans are.

I Hope We Lose!
Skul
Forum Admin

Post by Skul »

Yeah, that's just plain stupid.

Basically, it's "Jocks are gods, let us bow before them because they can play a children's game!"

WTF!!??
Forum Rules

SportsSuck.org. Bringing you the truth... no matter how bad it hurts.

Love and Tolerance!