Anti-sport debate

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.

do I have a chance

Poll ended at Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:41 pm

yes
80%
no
20%
I don't know
No votes

Total votes: 5

blast flame

Anti-sport debate

Post by blast flame »

On wednesday I am having a debate. I am going to be argueing that sport should be abolished. While I have plenty of evidence the judges will be bias so I will need every bit of help I can get. As such please review my arguements and give me ideas. Keep in mind not to go too deep as I will be on a time limit.
My first arguement will be that sport promote bad behavour. I will then argue that sport is a waste of schools/collages time and money. I will also argue that compusory sport is a waste of students time that they could be doing useful things with. However the main part of my debate will be the rebuttles. If they argue that sport is heathy then I will rebuttle that their are other thing that can make you healty and watching sport is one of the main thing things that make people unhealty in the first place. If they argue that sport builds character I will rebuttle that it promotes violent discrimatory behavour. If they argue that not liking sport is in some way "nerdy" I will rebuttle that the idea of "nerds" being bad is one of the negative biproducts of sport. If they argue that not rooting the the country sport team is un-Australian (I live in Australia) I will argue that the sucess of the sport team in no way helps the country and their are many things that do that you should be rooting for Australia in other than sport.
Skul
Forum Admin

Post by Skul »

I'd say you've got a chance. Nice rebuttals, there. Go for it!
Forum Rules

SportsSuck.org. Bringing you the truth... no matter how bad it hurts.

Love and Tolerance!
Ray
Site Admin

Re: Anti-sport debate

Post by Ray »

blast flame wrote:On wednesday I am having a debate. I am going to be argueing that sport should be abolished. While I have plenty of evidence the judges will be bias so I will need every bit of help I can get. As such please review my arguements and give me ideas. Keep in mind not to go too deep as I will be on a time limit.
Yeah, it sounds like you have all your topics covered. But this kind of argument is so subjective --you can point out to sports fans a million ways they're wrong but they won't admit it --or even believe it. It's sort of like arguing religion. But, at least, you will have made your views known and planted the idea in their tiny brains. Maybe one day, despite their best efforts, that idea will germinate and grow.. and grow.. and they'll wake up and swear off sports once and for all! :) :lol:
blast flame

Post by blast flame »

Ray wrote:
blast flame wrote:On wednesday I am having a debate. I am going to be argueing that sport should be abolished. While I have plenty of evidence the judges will be bias so I will need every bit of help I can get. As such please review my arguements and give me ideas. Keep in mind not to go too deep as I will be on a time limit.
Yeah, it sounds like you have all your topics covered. But this kind of argument is so subjective --you can point out to sports fans a million ways they're wrong but they won't admit it --or even believe it. It's sort of like arguing religion. But, at least, you will have made your views known and planted the idea in their tiny brains. Maybe one day, despite their best efforts, that idea will germinate and grow.. and grow.. and they'll wake up and swear off sports once and for all! :) :lol:
Hey even if I don't convert one of them it will be a blow to their pride.
The world is helping sport and attacking freedom, don't let this happen

Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

blast flame wrote: Hey even if I don't convert one of them it will be a blow to their pride.
and a blow for freedom everywhere!
sportslover

Post by sportslover »

yea ur have a 1 in 100000000000 billion chance of ur shit working! lol sports rule non of u brainless idiots have a chance at changing that!!!! fuck u all sports rule and are the most important thing on earth. or where u all live....mars!
Skul
Forum Admin

Post by Skul »

100000000000 billion, eh? Too bad that's not a real number. Therefore, that makes your post null and void.
ur have a 1 in 100000000000 billion chance of ur shit working
What you fail to realise is that you are saying he has a chance. If you really didn't like us, you would say he has no chance. Well, what can you expect from someone who spends their days watching a bunch of hairy, sweaty millionaires run around, touching each other?

May I point out that if we lived on Mars, we wouldn't be able to post on here? We'd have a seperate Internet, since the web runs through phone lines and doesn't just float around in space. Logic dictates that we live on Earth, the same as you. The only difference is that we're not sitting around, hoping Robbie Vanseeny or whoever scores a free kick for Ibrox in the 'Boondass Leega'. 'Boondass Leega'. What the hell kind of name is that?

May I add that sports suck? They do.
Forum Rules

Love and Tolerance!
blast flame

Post by blast flame »

Ray wrote:
blast flame wrote: Hey even if I don't convert one of them it will be a blow to their pride.
and a blow for freedom everywhere!
Not really I'm not trying to ban sport just push it into a corner were it doesn't effect anyone who doesn't like sport.

blast flame

Post by blast flame »

One of the people on the other team was sick so it has been delayed untill monday.

Skul
Forum Admin

Post by Skul »

They're onto you! :lol:
Forum Rules

Love and Tolerance!
blast flame

Post by blast flame »

Skul wrote:They're onto you! :lol:
Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I took 3 copies of most articals on the site with me to the pre-debate yesterday. :)

Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

blast flame wrote:
Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I took 3 copies of most articals on the site with me to the pre-debate yesterday. :)
You mean they're scared?
blast flame

Post by blast flame »

Ray wrote:
blast flame wrote:
You mean they're scared?
Quite possibly.

blast flame

Post by blast flame »

The delayed it again! We started the debate and then it turned out the period we were going to do it in was shortened by 20 mins due to a staff meeting. It will now (hopefully) happen on wednesday. Now it looks like I'm lying.

blast flame

Post by blast flame »

Now I can see why they wanted to delay it. Now everyone's into the world cup. Now it will more than likely go like this...

sport-fan 1:SPORT!
sport-fan 2:SOCCER!
sport-fan 3:WORLD CUP!
me:I believe sport is bad because...
sport-fan 1:WHAT?!! HE DOESN'T LIKE SPORT!
sport-fan 2:THAT'S UN-AUSTRALIAN!
sport-fan 3:KILL THE HERATIC!