The Month of Hell begins

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
abitagirl

Re: The Month of Hell begins

Post by abitagirl »

Lewis wrote:Whenever I see the Shitlympics logo I just start laughing.

I mean WTF?

What the hell is that? I thought the logo was just the rings.
Yes, it really is JUST A GAME.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

abitagirl wrote:
Lewis wrote:Whenever I see the Shitlympics logo I just start laughing.

I mean WTF?

What the hell is that? I thought the logo was just the rings.
Originally, yes.

Everyone knows that the logo for the O' limp-wrist-pics was designed by a retard!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Lewis

Post by Lewis »

The worstt part of the logo is this (Just to let you know this is slightly risqué):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ai0y5sLg5bg

What were they on when they designed this?
HugeFanOfBadReligion

Post by HugeFanOfBadReligion »

Jerry McGuire wrote:As far as the Olympics themselves go, you can hate professional sports leagues all you want. But the Olympics... Come on. The Olympics represents something greater and larger than any of them or us.
I disagree, the Olympics are completely overrated. People act as though it is the ultimate contest to determine the best country, however, the real ultimate contest to determine the best country is the rankings of quality of life in countries, which country has the best education, health care, economy, employment rate, lowest crime rate, etc. I fail to see the relevance of the Olympics to the world.
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

HugeFanOfBadReligion wrote:
Jerry McGuire wrote:As far as the Olympics themselves go, you can hate professional sports leagues all you want. But the Olympics... Come on. The Olympics represents something greater and larger than any of them or us.
I disagree, the Olympics are completely overrated. People act as though it is the ultimate contest to determine the best country, however, the real ultimate contest to determine the best country is the rankings of quality of life in countries, which country has the best education, health care, economy, employment rate, lowest crime rate, etc. I fail to see the relevance of the Olympics to the world.
Yeah! I must concur!

Who the Hell gives a flying fuck which country has the best javelin throwers, or the best track runners, or the best hockey puck suckers?!?!

I'm not impressed by some third world Banana Republic where children are sold by their own parents to be sex slaves, where they have open sewers running in the streets, where people are living in poverty and starving while their corrupt government rips off with the food we sent to them, and they pool their resources to raise up an athlete to represent them in the O limp-wrist-pics!!!

I'm not the least bit impressed by which country has the best athletes.

I'm more interested in which country has the best quality of education, the best health care, and the lowest crime rates.

I would love to see an Academic equivalent of some kind of contest to show who has the highest academic achievement in science, math, art, literature, and music.

Feats of speed and strength don't impress me at all.

We humans are pathetic weak creatures compared to the animal kingdom.

Horses are stronger and run faster than humans.

But only humans can solve complex equations, invent new things, create works of art, or compose a symphony, even when confined to a wheelchair!

Hey! I was once suspended from school just because I failed to climb a rope in a gymnasium, even though I was passing all my other academic subjects, and never mind that I had a crippled up left knee due to a car accident I was in at the age of 4 years that left me only able to walk with a limp.

So, Jerry McGuire, you can suck on that!

Or suck on a hockey puck!

The choice is yours.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

I can remember when the 2012 Olympics logo was causing a bit of a stir in the news. It managed to dissatisfy a fair few sports fans as well, if you want to hear the good side of the argument, as the logo creators had been paid about £100,000 to create a symbolic and creative logo to represent what has been proclaimed to be Britain's greatest sporting venture since the 1966 World Cup, and they ended up producing something which I'm sure any kid of about 10 years plus could beat in terms of creativity and imagination. Nonetheless, that crap has stuck now and it's on just about everything to do with the Olympics. Take solace in knowing that logo browned off a fair few sports fanatics as well.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

i_like_1981 wrote:I can remember when the 2012 Olympics logo was causing a bit of a stir in the news. It managed to dissatisfy a fair few sports fans as well, if you want to hear the good side of the argument, as the logo creators had been paid about £100,000 to create a symbolic and creative logo to represent what has been proclaimed to be Britain's greatest sporting venture since the 1966 World Cup, and they ended up producing something which I'm sure any kid of about 10 years plus could beat in terms of creativity and imagination. Nonetheless, that crap has stuck now and it's on just about everything to do with the Olympics. Take solace in knowing that logo browned off a fair few sports fanatics as well.

Best regards,
i_like_1981
You mean, someone was actually paid £100,000 ($159,340 dollars) to design this piece of crap retarded looking logo for the O-limp-wrist-pics???

If you use your imagination, it looks almost like one guy giving another guy a blow-job!

I could have designed one that is much better just using my Microsoft Paint on my computer.

Jerry McGuire
Sportsman

Post by Jerry McGuire »

You don't know what you're talking about... The Olympics is supposed to represent the notion that all the countries of the world can come together and respect one another in a display of sportsmanship. All nations, regardless of politics, race, or any other discriminatory factor, uniting for something as simple as sports. It's a bit comparable to the World Cup (Ivory Coast halted their civil war in 2006 I believe because their country qualified). Although in extreme cases, it has been called off like during World War II, but it's simply an icon of every four years. Everyone knows, every four years there will be an election, a leap year, and the Olympics (well, not counting the Winter Olympics of course). These athletes usually are amateurs anyways, with the most of their money albeit quite a bit anyways coming from endorsements. That is what is greater than all of us: the idea that petty differences can be set aside for at least two weeks, just playing a few games.

But of course, because I share a different a opinion than yours, I will be made out to be some kind of idiot Neanderthal who simply watches "HURR DURF SPORTS BECUZ THEY R COOL & BEET UP NERDS". Some of you are blissfully ignorant, and when someone who doesn't share your ideals tries to speak out against an error you've made, simply close your ears and effectively say "Lalalalala, I can't hear you!" For God's sake, some of you people even tried to poke holes in a football player's attempts at charity to underprivileged people living with AIDS in Africa! I have no story like that, no interesting tidbit; I'm simply a nerdy college student who likes to watch sports, I'm completely unremarkable in every way imaginable. I fear unfortunately that that means my voice is effectively silenced before I can even speak. I must say, it is rather hypocritical of many of you to be alienated by sports, bullied, or harassed, yet be equally as closed minded when it comes to talking about your fellow man. Have you not heard the phrase "Two wrongs don't make a right"? Fat Man, I know you were harassed and received unimaginable suffering at the hands of a group of people, but for your sake, you need to learn to let go. The same goes for any other members who feel resentment towards another group of people because they were wronged on the past.

To those on this forum who gave me the same respect I showed them, thank you. I know this is just another sports fan to you, but everyone here seems like a genuinely interesting person and I hope you all work out whatever problems with others you may have. I will not be upset if I were to receive the rank of "Sports Bore" after this. I might not even be surprised. Thank you for having me.

I'll take your advice and "suck on a hockey puck".
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Jerry McGuire wrote:That is what is greater than all of us: the idea that petty differences can be set aside for at least two weeks, just playing a few games.

I don't feel that it's greater than me!

I'm greater than sports! I spit on sports! I piss on sports! I stomp on sports! I grind sports under my heel! I dance the 400 pound Funky Chicken on the throat of sports!

Sorry, but the O limp-wrist-pics is not greater than academic achievement.

And many of the athletes, as I have said before, come from third world Banana Republics where children are sold by their parents to become sex slaves, and the streets have open sewers, and these countries pool their resources to raise up a privileged athlete to represent them while neglecting to feed their own people or provide a decent education for them.
Jerry McGuire wrote:For God's sake, some of you people even tried to poke holes in a football player's attempts at charity to underprivileged people living with AIDS in Africa!
Yeah, by giving bicycles to ride to the AIDS clinics when many of them are so sick and too weak to even get up on their feet, let alone ride a bicycle.

That's sort of like . . .
. . . well, ya know!

What they really need is a van to transport AIDS patients to the clinic and more vehicles so that doctors can go into the villages to treat those suffering from AIDS.
Jerry McGuire wrote:Have you not heard the phrase "Two wrongs don't make a right"?

Well, actually, in Algebra, naturally if you multiply or divide a positive number by another positive number, you'll get a positive result.

But also, if you multiply or divide a negative number by another negative number, you'll still get a positive result.

So, two negatives gives you a positive, therefore, two wrongs make a right!
Jerry McGuire wrote:Fat Man, I know you were harassed and received unimaginable suffering at the hands of a group of people, but for your sake, you need to learn to let go. The same goes for any other members who feel resentment towards another group of people because they were wronged on the past.
Another words, the old right-wing ultra-conservative "GET OVER IT!!!" type of philosophy. Yeah! I wish I had a dollar for every time I heard that one!
Jerry McGuire wrote:I'll take your advice and "suck on a hockey puck".
Thank you! It's advice well taken!

I also suggest that you dip that hockey puck in some chocolate syrup. OK?

HugeFanOfBadReligion

Post by HugeFanOfBadReligion »

Jerry McGuire wrote:You don't know what you're talking about... The Olympics is supposed to represent the notion that all the countries of the world can come together and respect one another in a display of sportsmanship.
This does not make the Olympics greater than myself, I don't need an overrated sports event to accept people of other nationalities, races, cultures, religious or political beliefs, etc. And I've never seen anyone accept a new culture or nationality because they are involved with the Olympics, I've actually seen people make discriminatory remarks to the people of these countries that are participating. They make racist remarks simply because "our" team is being beaten, or perhaps slightly threatened by that team or athlete. All the Olympics seems to do is create discrimination and give the false illusion of national superiority just because some guy ran faster than someone from a different country. I remember asking someone during the last Olympics how it contributes to society, and he just said that it gives us "bragging rights" if we win. What a great cause!

And I think you're generalizing too much right now. I don't think all people with some interest in sports are jocks who beat up nerds.

I must disagree with Fat Man though about providing bicycles to developing countries. I think it is a noble act and will benefit the people there greatly. It isn't easy to provide a large amount of vans to a developing country, and even if that was possible, the quantity of vans couldn't come close to the quantity of bikes. Bikes can serve as an important role of transportation in a developing country, they can serve many tasks that automobiles would perform over here such as ambulance service. I don't think anyone here has given several vans to developing countries, so I don't think anyone has the right to complain about this charity work.
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

HugeFanOfBadReligion wrote:I must disagree with Fat Man though about providing bicycles to developing countries. I think it is a noble act and will benefit the people there greatly. It isn't easy to provide a large amount of vans to a developing country, and even if that was possible, the quantity of vans couldn't come close to the quantity of bikes. Bikes can serve as an important role of transportation in a developing country, they can serve many tasks that automobiles would perform over here such as ambulance service. I don't think anyone here has given several vans to developing countries, so I don't think anyone has the right to complain about this charity work.
OK, the bicycles are fine.

But what about those AIDS patients who are too sick and too weak to even get up on their feet. How do they get to the AIDS clinic?

So, in addition to the bicycles, why not at lease a couple of good used vans that can be used to transports those too sick and too weak to ride the bicycles.

Hey, the NFL could have pitched in and helped this guy with his charity work. They got big bucks!

If they can give away free Hummers to these monkey-boy rapists, then they could certainly help by donating a couple of vans or even a fully equipped ambulance, because the NFL has big bucks!

But NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Instead, the NFL encourages bullying in our schools and is responsible for the declining quality of education.

Hey, I remember back in the 1970s when the VCR first came out so that people could record TV programs to tape. The NFL tried to get Congress to pass a low making VCRs illegal because recording football games violated some sort of copyright laws.

Like, that's the only thing people watch on their TVs is sports?

Haven't they ever heard of movies and educational programming? Hasn't it occurred to the NFL that not everybody watches or want's to record sports, that many of us might want to record movies?

We were almost denied access to a new technology back in the 1970s because of the NFL.

But then, the NFL doesn't believe in education either, and that's why for the past 50 years they have been slowly destroying our schools by encouraging bullying in our schools and driving nonathletic young people to committing suicide!

Like I said, the bicycles are fine for those who can use them, but they're not enough.

Just like PE in our schools is fine for those who are athletically inclined, but it's not enough.

They still should have allowed me to stay in school even though I was physically handicapped with a crippled up left knee by not suspending me because I had failed to climb a rope in the gymnasium.

You see, PE in our schools was just another "bicycle" for one who was unable use it.

Skul
Forum Admin

Post by Skul »

Jerry McGuire wrote:I will not be upset if I were to receive the rank of "Sports Bore" after this. I might not even be surprised.
I see no reason to change your rank to that. You're civil and aren't talking to us in a condescending way.

Since this is an anti-sports forum, I'm expecting disagreements between pro-sports and anti-sports members. Feel free to argue, but I don't want anybody turning it into a flame war.
Jerry McGuire wrote:Thank you for having me.
This doesn't mean you're leaving the forum, does it?
Forum Rules

SportsSuck.org. Bringing you the truth... no matter how bad it hurts.

Love and Tolerance!
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Jerry McGuire wrote:To those on this forum who gave me the same respect I showed them, thank you. I know this is just another sports fan to you, but everyone here seems like a genuinely interesting person and I hope you all work out whatever problems with others you may have. I will not be upset if I were to receive the rank of "Sports Bore" after this. I might not even be surprised. Thank you for having me.
Well, like I told you once, the Sports Bore rank is really only the reserve of the rude and obnoxious; those who believe that their interest in sports make them superior to those who aren't interested in them. Sad to hear that you feel that way about yourself. I personally wouldn't venture onto a forum that was firmly against old music and start explaining to the people there why they shouldn't hate it, so I have to have some respect for you sports fans who choose to defend sports in this most hostile of environments. It's a good character trait, being ready and willing to debate with people who have an opposing opinion on a certain issue to you and not resorting to insults or biased exclamations.

If you want to come back sometime, that's fine with me. But if you've had enough, by all means, I understand if you don't want to come back. There's only so far a person's patience can stretch. I myself don't like having a load of shit chucked at me when I've tried to be polite and reasonable. But how can you stop it?

Take care now.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
Jerry McGuire
Sportsman

Post by Jerry McGuire »

I apologize for that little outburst. I was feeling pretty depressed last night and I said some stupid things. Without letting this devolve into a low-grade flame war, I need to clarify some things Fat Man said in his last post.

A few things. First of all, you are assuming that there are paved roads in every area of whatever country these bicycles were being sent to. That's something that many people take for granted, but it isn't something that is everywhere like it is in this country. And it isn't like Andy or his family has that much disposable income to give a van or two, let's be realistic. I believe he said his father own a bike shop, so they did what they could. I'm pretty sure that's more than you or I have ever done for them.

Someone said something about "getting bragging rights" or something silly like that. That's why I said that the Olympics was supposed to represent something more than that. And during the Olympics, it's practically condemned that any country make an aggressive move towards another during the games. Pretty much every country participates in the Olympics. Of course there will be the underprivileged ones. But you do know that many of the citizens rally behind their flag and unify as a people (especially if it's a small nation) when they are successful? Call it stupid, infantile, sheep mentality, call it whatever. I think it's remarkable.

The NFL as an organization doesn't "give away" free Hummers to all players, encourage bullying, cause people the commit suicide, or anything else like that despite whatever misguided notions you have about that. And it's not far-fetched for them to bring a lawsuit, even though I don't believe it was right either. It's the same as the RIAA wanting to restrict accessibility to online music because of the impact it would have on record sales due to pirating. And as if they're going to help Andy and his father. If they stopped and bought things for everyone that needed help, they would go bankrupt. Of course, you're going to say that it's because they're selfish, etc. But you can say that about any business on the planet.

And before when you put words in my mouth and made it out that I was some insensitive jerk who was telling you to get over it. That is not true. I mean that it's not healthy to have so much pent up rage and hostility. For your sake, you need not "get over it" but put it behind you. Make it so that what happened years ago does not have a say in how you feel or act today. I'm probably not explaining it properly, but it's the best I can do.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Jerry McGuire wrote:A few things. First of all, you are assuming that there are paved roads in every area of whatever country these bicycles were being sent to. That's something that many people take for granted, but it isn't something that is everywhere like it is in this country.
Hey boys and girls!

Can you say, 4 wheel drive???

Can you say Jeep?

Stay tuned for more of Fat Man's Neighborhood.

Sorry boys and girls, but Mr. Rogers is deceased, so I'm his replacement.

Now, go watch some Sesame Street!

Stay tuned, there's gonna be a Popeye cartoon now!!!
Jerry McGuire wrote:Someone said something about "getting bragging rights" or something silly like that. That's why I said that the Olympics was supposed to represent something more than that. And during the Olympics, it's practically condemned that any country make an aggressive move towards another during the games.
Now, wouldn't it be nice if these countries didn't make any aggressive moves toward one another when there are no O limp-wrist-pics games going on! Oh, how nice, that they make peace during the games! Now if only these countries would make nice to one another when there are no games. Eh?

And besides, most of us here don't give a flying fucking Hootenanny in Hell about the O limp-wrist-pics anyway. Nobody here gives a shit!

Pardon me sir! But I do believe that you must have me confused with somebody who gives a fuck!
Jerry McGuire wrote:The NFL as an organization doesn't "give away" free Hummers to all players, encourage bullying, cause people the commit suicide, or anything else like that despite whatever misguided notions you have about that.
Aw, come on! Everybody here knows that the NFL and the NBA has more money than God!!!

And besides, I have not yet heard of any NFL or NBA official speak out against bullying in our schools or emphasize the importance of studying hard in school and trying to achieve academically along with achieving athletically. At least not that I know of.

So, by their inaction in that regard, they do encourage bullying and cause kids to commit suicide, simply by not speaking out against bullying.
Jerry McGuire wrote:And it's not far-fetched for them to bring a lawsuit, even though I don't believe it was right either. It's the same as the RIAA wanting to restrict accessibility to online music because of the impact it would have on record sales due to pirating.
Well, at least we both agree on something, that it was wrong for the NFL to try to have laws passed against home VCRs.

Hell, if the NFL had their way, we would have no TVs either, and attendance at football games at the stadiums would be mandatory. And we would be required to pay for games we have no interest in watching.

Not only does the NFL have more money than God, but it even thinks that it is God!
Jerry McGuire wrote:And before when you put words in my mouth and made it out that I was some insensitive jerk who was telling you to get over it. That is not true. I mean that it's not healthy to have so much pent up rage and hostility. For your sake, you need not "get over it" but put it behind you. Make it so that what happened years ago does not have a say in how you feel or act today. I'm probably not explaining it properly, but it's the best I can do.
How can it put it all behind me? Not when all that has happened has fucked up my entire life!

No, you're still not explaining it properly.

Try again!

Hey! I have an idea!

How about if all sports fans and the NFL, and the NBA, that they all apologize to all the victims who were bullied around by the jocks in our schools, and apologized to all the kids who were sodomized in the locker rooms by these moronic pre-frontally lobotomized butt-banging monkey-boys who got extra privileges by chasing balls!

Oh! And another thing I must add.

I guess you can remember, how I had mentioned many timed before, the first time I was suspended from school was because I failed to climb a rope in the gymnasium, and that I was unable to climb the rope because of a crippled up left knee, the result of a car accident when I was 4 years old.

Well, here lately, for the past couple of months, the arthritis in my left knee has been getting worse.

When I first get up in the mornings, my left knees is stiff, and I'm barely able to get up and walk into the bathroom. The pain is a constant reminder of how my life was fucked up when I was in school.

Now, the pain mocks me! It mocks me day and night!

It will mock me for the rest of my life!

Thanks a lot, sports fans!