The Month of Hell begins

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Re: The Month of Hell begins

Post by Fat Man »

I remember when I was a kid back in the early 1960s when sometimes we would have cold cereal for breakfast. I didn't want to eat Wheaties because there was a picture of a football player on the box.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

England are still in the World Suck! NOOOO!!!! Why does it have to be this way???!?! I'd hardly say they deserved to stay on into the knockout stage. They drew both their last games and beat Slovenia today, a tiny country with about one-fifteenth of the UK's population, with a score of 1-0! OH MY GOD! How impressive! Thankfully I'm damn sure this isn't going to be their year. They don't deserve it! BOOOO!!!

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
Drew McIntyre

Post by Drew McIntyre »

i_like_1981..

It seems to me that you might actually be becoming a sports fan. .. paying attention to the World Cup so much. I'd watch yourself if I were you.
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Drew McIntyre wrote:i_like_1981..

It seems to me that you might actually be becoming a sports fan. .. paying attention to the World Cup so much. I'd watch yourself if I were you.
Drew... with the enormous amount of coverage we have to endure on this pointless event over in England and how everyone's making it seem like a national crisis in the event of the team's loss on a similar level to things like the credit crunch or the recent budget announced by the government, it's really hard not to pay attention to it. My homepage is set to the MSN main page and every time I get on the internet, the World Cup is always the first article I see, right in the centre of the page so we can't miss the antics of whichever overpaid morons have played today. It may not be so much of a problem over in Scotland but here, it's everywhere. I have to endure it at work, in the papers and on the Internet without even trying to look for it. It's unavoidable. It's the WORLD SUCK!

Anyways, welcome to the forum. I'll make sure not to post up any more World Suck scores, but they're really hard to miss. I really wish England had been knocked out now... but no, they must soldier on. Further torment awaits...

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Indurrago

Post by Indurrago »

i_like_1981 wrote: My homepage is set to the MSN main page and every time I get on the internet, the World Cup is always the first article I see, right in the centre of the page so we can't miss the antics of whichever overpaid morons have played today. It may not be so much of a problem over in Scotland but here, it's everywhere. I have to endure it at work, in the papers and on the Internet without even trying to look for it. It's unavoidable. It's the WORLD SUCK!
Best regards,
i_like_1981
My homepage on internet explorer is google for the last 2 weeks at least one world cup article would be posted out of the 3. Today its two but its not the front one. So for me its pretty much unavoidable as well.
"We believe in Vader, the Darth almighty, destroyer of Alderaan and the Sith. We believe in Luke, his only son, our Jedi. He was concieved by the power of the Force, and born of the senator Padme. Suffered under Darth Sidius, electrocuted, survived and partied with Ewoks. He descended to the Death Star, on the third hour he flew out in an Imperial ship and landed on Endor. He is seated on the right hand of Obi-Wan's ghost. He will come again to train Leia to be a Jedi. We believe? in Yoda.........:D
abitagirl

Post by abitagirl »

i_like_1981 wrote:Drew... with the enormous amount of coverage we have to endure on this pointless event over in England and how everyone's making it seem like a national crisis in the event of the team's loss on a similar level to things like the credit crunch or the recent budget announced by the government, it's really hard not to pay attention to it. My homepage is set to the MSN main page and every time I get on the internet, the World Cup is always the first article I see, right in the centre of the page so we can't miss the antics of whichever overpaid morons have played today. It may not be so much of a problem over in Scotland but here, it's everywhere. I have to endure it at work, in the papers and on the Internet without even trying to look for it. It's unavoidable. It's the WORLD SUCK!

Anyways, welcome to the forum. I'll make sure not to post up any more World Suck scores, but they're really hard to miss. I really wish England had been knocked out now... but no, they must soldier on. Further torment awaits...

Best regards,
i_like_1981

You've pretty much described what the entire footbore season last fall, plus playoffs and Super Bowel, was like around here. You have my deepest sympathies. :(

I don't hear much about the World Suck around here, but I wonder what will happen if the USA wins. If it does. Are we out of it yet?
Yes, it really is JUST A GAME.
Agent 47

Post by Agent 47 »

The strangest thing has happened here - "we" actually won a game, BUT APPARENTLY THAT MEANS THAT "WE" ARE OUT OF THE WORLD BORE/SUCK/CRAP/WHATEVER THING NOW. What's up with that? I don't actually care though - but how futile is this thing?!!

Of course most of the stupid fans were jumping for joy because they thought that they were part of some great victory. But there were a couple of fans who realised that "we" are out of it now, and they were devastated. Here are some pics of them...

I had the news on in the background, on a tiny little B&W TV in the kitchen, when this story came on, and so the only video recording equipment I could get my hands on in a hurry was a mobile/cell phone! So, apologies for the primitive screenshots! But even at such low resolution, the vision of a sports fan's entire bullshit world coming crashing down around them is still as priceless as ever...
ShatteredSportsFan01.jpg
ShatteredSportsFan01.jpg (52.34 KiB) Viewed 649 times
ShatteredSportsFan02.jpg
ShatteredSportsFan02.jpg (52.77 KiB) Viewed 649 times
"We can’t find a healthy brain in an ex-football player."

http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/2873539.htm
Agent 47

Post by Agent 47 »

ShatteredSportsFan03pt1.jpg
ShatteredSportsFan03pt1.jpg (57.12 KiB) Viewed 647 times
ShatteredSportsFan03pt2.jpg
ShatteredSportsFan03pt2.jpg (53.83 KiB) Viewed 647 times
ShatteredSportsFan03pt4.jpg
ShatteredSportsFan03pt4.jpg (53.38 KiB) Viewed 647 times
What a miserable looking bunch.

And these pics are from the game "we" won!!

I so wish I had of recorded the news from the day "we" lost!

Drew McIntyre

Post by Drew McIntyre »

The other day I was hearing U-S-A! chants from outside.

I live in Scotland.
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Drew McIntyre wrote:The other day I was hearing U-S-A! chants from outside.

I live in Scotland.
Hey, guess what, at work today I heard all my colleagues chanting G-E-R-M-A-N-Y! G-E-R-M-A-N-Y! really loud and waving German flags about! It was so strange. I couldn't believe it. Das konnte ich nicht glauben, aber ich interessiere mich fur der deutschen Kultur und Sprache und naturlich HASSE ich unser Nationalmannschaft. Ich konnte nicht klagen! Weitere Infos: England spielt gegen Deutschland am Sonntag in die zweite Runde des Weltmeisterschafts. Wahrend dieser historische Veranstaltung werde ich Deutschland unterstutzen, wenn ich eine Verein wahlen muss! Okay, enough German.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Agent 47

Post by Agent 47 »

1981, my German is a bit rusty, but I think you said this...

"I could not believe it, but I'm looking for the German culture and language, and of course I HATE our national team. I could not complain! More info: England plays against Germany on Sunday in the second round of the World Cup. During this historic event, I am strong proponent of Germany, if I must choose a club!"

Well anyway, try to take some comfort in this...

Es sind 32 Teams in der World Suck. Aber letztlich nur ein Team wird diese Sache zu gewinnen, so deshalb, statistisch gesehen, hat jedes Land eine 96,875% ige Chance zu verlieren! Also die meisten Teams verlieren. Daher Sport führt zum Scheitern. Also kein Wunder, Sportfans sind so elend!

Brigan

Post by Brigan »

Well I root for My Country which is Portugal, We haven't lost yet but If we are to, I'll feel somewhat similar to those pointed out by @dickfilthy, doesn't mean they're miserable, Their joy for the World Cup ends when their team gets eliminated.

For me It means that I have to keep up the rants of those I ranted earlier about their teams (all in friendly trust) and yes Not having a team to root for aswell, doesn't mean I'll be sad for a week, It's things that happen (each 4 years).

I might be wrong but i_like_1981 might be actually enjoying hoping his country team to lose, That's a way of rooting on the world cup. doesn't mean In any way he's a Sportfan, he can still disagree on the sport culture, but that doesn't stop him to have his little fun out of it, you have to endure it anyway right? might as well make it the most pleasant you can.

I don't keep stadistics of sports, or am a hardcore one. but the world cup is something diferent, It's celebrated each 4 years to unite the world playing a tournament of soccer. right now the only thing bad out of it are the Vuvuzelas <.<
i_like_1981 wrote:I respect a person who uses the knowledge they have of our language to come onto a forum with an opposing view and attempt to have a decent discussion. He's trying his best. Defend your points all you want, Fat Man, but it's unfair to insult his English skills when he's not a native speaker and is trying his hardest to communicate with us.
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

I wondered where you were from, Brigan. You did reveal on another thread that English was not your first language? So, you're from Portugal. Do you live there or have you moved to another country yet still choose to support your team?

The proper translation of my German would be this:

"I couldn't believe it, but I'm interested in the German culture and language and naturally I HATE our national team. I couldn't complain! Further information: England are playing against Germany on Sunday in the second round of the World Cup. During this historical event I will support Germany, if I must choose a team!"

Yes. That's it. If there's ever any German stuff you want to learn, just ask me. It really is a great language and country. I hope to go there one day, when the opportunity comes along and I have a good plan in mind.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Brigan

Post by Brigan »

i_like_1981 wrote:I wondered where you were from, Brigan. You did reveal on another thread that English was not your first language? So, you're from Portugal. Do you live there or have you moved to another country yet still choose to support your team?

Yes I do, and I study Law, finishing it in 2 years.
i_like_1981 wrote:I respect a person who uses the knowledge they have of our language to come onto a forum with an opposing view and attempt to have a decent discussion. He's trying his best. Defend your points all you want, Fat Man, but it's unfair to insult his English skills when he's not a native speaker and is trying his hardest to communicate with us.
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Brigan wrote:
i_like_1981 wrote:I wondered where you were from, Brigan. You did reveal on another thread that English was not your first language? So, you're from Portugal. Do you live there or have you moved to another country yet still choose to support your team?

Yes I do, and I study Law, finishing it in 2 years.
Best of luck with your studies. You seem like an intelligent, reasonable guy. I'm sure you know what you're doing. And yes, I am getting rather a lot of amusement out of supporting England's inevitable loss. I'm what you'd call an "anti-fan". Well, the guys at work obviously wanted to make one out of me. Let's just hope none of them become an hero when England lose! Oh no! Me thinks I speak like a Channer!

Best regards,
i_like_1981

700 POSTS! WHO'S YOUR DADDY NOW, BITCH?