The Month of Hell begins

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Brigan

Re: The Month of Hell begins

Post by Brigan »

i_like_1981 wrote:
Best of luck with your studies. You seem like an intelligent, reasonable guy. I'm sure you know what you're doing. And yes, I am getting rather a lot of amusement out of supporting England's inevitable loss. I'm what you'd call an "anti-fan". Well, the guys at work obviously wanted to make one out of me. Let's just hope none of them become an hero when England lose! Oh no! Me thinks I speak like a Channer!

Best regards,
i_like_1981

700 POSTS! WHO'S YOUR DADDY NOW, BITCH?
Thanks, though not to sound ungrateful or anything else, but our teachers say something around the term "luck",

Good Luck for the ones that didn't Study, Success to the ones that did.

Also I fluently speak Spanish, and Portuguese (duh! :P)
i_like_1981 wrote:I respect a person who uses the knowledge they have of our language to come onto a forum with an opposing view and attempt to have a decent discussion. He's trying his best. Defend your points all you want, Fat Man, but it's unfair to insult his English skills when he's not a native speaker and is trying his hardest to communicate with us.
Lewis

Post by Lewis »

It's finally over (England are out). May normality reign over us again!
Agent 47

Post by Agent 47 »

Well, guess what...

Just when you thought the misery was over, sports fans find a way to take it to a whole new low...
ABC News wrote: http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010 ... 938934.htm

Two shot dead in US World Cup dispute
Posted June 28, 2010 13:43:00

A gunman has shot dead two men at a party in the United States after a heated argument over an upcoming World Cup soccer match, the Dallas Morning News said.

Police spokesman Gerardo Monreal told the newspaper four men were apparently involved in the early morning altercation at a house in Dallas, Texas.

Mr Monreal says one of the men got a handgun from his car and shot two men, aged 17 and 28.

He says the gunman also shot himself in the leg.

The gunman was arrested and is recovering in hospital.

Mr Monreal did not mention which World Cup match the argument was about.
"We can’t find a healthy brain in an ex-football player."

http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/2873539.htm
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

dickfilthy wrote:Well, guess what...

Just when you thought the misery was over, sports fans find a way to take it to a whole new low...
ABC News wrote: http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010 ... 938934.htm

Two shot dead in US World Cup dispute
Posted June 28, 2010 13:43:00

A gunman has shot dead two men at a party in the United States after a heated argument over an upcoming World Cup soccer match, the Dallas Morning News said.

Police spokesman Gerardo Monreal told the newspaper four men were apparently involved in the early morning altercation at a house in Dallas, Texas.

Mr Monreal says one of the men got a handgun from his car and . . . etc. etc.
This is why I believe that sports should be outlawed!

When people are getting killed in arguments over sports.

That's why I don't like getting into conversations about sports with people.

If somebody ask me what I think of a game, I just simply say I didn't see it, or I'm not interested.

But I'm even afraid to say I'm not interested in sports or that I have no opinion, because somebody might still get pissed off and go for a gun.

No, sports fans are too dangerous, they all need to be locked up!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Dear Lord! What the hell is this? Somebody has killed two people over some fucking World Cup match? This is an unmitigated outrage! Who the hell allows sports to have such an incredible grip over their mind that they would take the life of other human beings to display their affection for it? People like that psychopath need to be sent down forever with no chance of release! I mean it! What does it say for the human race if people have to lose their lives over something so trivial as a sporting game? We thought Samdaman was bad but come on, this guy well and truly takes the cake! Unless of course, this guy is Samdaman now... I was wondering when we'd hear more from or about him! It seems possible! (Actually no, I retract that statement - soccer was one of the sports Samdaman hated. Apparently it's for "fags" because it doesn't involve people being smashed into and grabbed deliberately. Still, anyone who threatens or commits acts of violence over disagreements about sports seriously needs to be considered a real threat to people!)

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
Indurrago

Post by Indurrago »

Sports...they bring out the worst in people. :(
"We believe in Vader, the Darth almighty, destroyer of Alderaan and the Sith. We believe in Luke, his only son, our Jedi. He was concieved by the power of the Force, and born of the senator Padme. Suffered under Darth Sidius, electrocuted, survived and partied with Ewoks. He descended to the Death Star, on the third hour he flew out in an Imperial ship and landed on Endor. He is seated on the right hand of Obi-Wan's ghost. He will come again to train Leia to be a Jedi. We believe? in Yoda.........:D
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Thankfully it's now under a week until the end of the World Cup. Thank God, even though England are now out I can't help but keep hearing about it. I'm tired of Germany now. Yes, I really am. I liked them when they beat England but recently I've just got bored of them. I recall a NEWS article in the Daily Mail that showed how confident they were about beating England and splashing things out over the front pages of their newspapers like "YES! Now we're going to get those little English girls!" Seem like a bunch of showoffs to me, or as they'd say over there, eine grosse Angebergruppe! I get sick of people trying to lord themselves over others and use the NEWS to project their proclaimed "greatness" upon millions of people so now, I'm hoping they're going to have the overinflated balloons that are their egos well and truly popped by someone. But they won't will they? Because nothing i_like_1981 wants ever becomes reality, does it. :cry:

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Indurrago

Post by Indurrago »

You're a lucky man 1981. For whatever reason in some freak accident my country of the USA has been doing unusually well. They've never gone this far and now people are stuck to the World Cup like its the SuperBore. I'm just glad American "football" has taken off in other countries. How do I even know all this? My browser's homepage... :(
"We believe in Vader, the Darth almighty, destroyer of Alderaan and the Sith. We believe in Luke, his only son, our Jedi. He was concieved by the power of the Force, and born of the senator Padme. Suffered under Darth Sidius, electrocuted, survived and partied with Ewoks. He descended to the Death Star, on the third hour he flew out in an Imperial ship and landed on Endor. He is seated on the right hand of Obi-Wan's ghost. He will come again to train Leia to be a Jedi. We believe? in Yoda.........:D
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Indurrago wrote:You're a lucky man 1981. For whatever reason in some freak accident my country of the USA has been doing unusually well. They've never gone this far and now people are stuck to the World Cup like its the SuperBore. I'm just glad American "football" has taken off in other countries. How do I even know all this? My browser's homepage... :(
I thought the USA were out of the World Cup already? Well, I know for a fact they beat England in the group stage, getting more points than them to take the top position whereas "our" team came second. Yep, that sure aggravated some of the soccer nuts over there. And I love the way they made it seem like beating a country one-fifteenth of the UK's size 1-0 was some sort of great achievement. Football fanatics, eh? They'll take even the slightest bit of success and ram it down everyone else's throats saying how it's totally monumental! Thankfully "my" team really didn't prove themselves to be up to it. I expect the case shall be the same over in 2014 but nobody else will take notice of that, because they can't let go of some dreams that just aren't going to happen!

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Lewis

Post by Lewis »

It's finally over! :D No more football for another 2 years!

To mark its passing here are the highlights of the World Cup: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi1BcouEmio
abitagirl

Post by abitagirl »

Lewis wrote:It's finally over! :D No more football for another 2 years!

To mark its passing here are the highlights of the World Cup: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi1BcouEmio

No football for 2 years? Damn, I wish that was the case here! Instead it's football every year, and for months (OK, not really the same sport, but still).

Are you sure that video isn't the highlights of the Stupor Bore? It looks the same.
Yes, it really is JUST A GAME.
Earl

Post by Earl »

Yeah, you just can't get away from it ...
Who dat? Who dat? Who dat? Who dat? :mrgreen:
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
abitagirl

Post by abitagirl »

Earl, I swear, I'm telling your wife. :twisted:
Yes, it really is JUST A GAME.
Earl

Post by Earl »

I already did. She said, "Earl!" :evil: :lol: She also said, "Stop harrassing abitagirl."

P.S. The latest update ... Mrs. Earl :x has threatened to clobber me. :lol:

You know, I wouldn't even be joking this way if New Orleans Saints fans didn't have such a silly chant. :wink:
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Earl wrote:Yeah, you just can't get away from it ...
Who dat? Who dat? Who dat? Who dat? :mrgreen:
(Hits Earl across the nose with a rolled up newspaper) :) :) :)
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!