the 1980s are so much better than sports!

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
The1982Channel

the 1980s are so much better than sports!

Post by The1982Channel »

Seriously people, theres so much to like about the 1980s. the music, the style, the films - honestly, how can sports be as much fun as this great era of our history? i chose to get into 80's stuff because i am sick of being rejected by the so called cool people and after a few years of mockery, i chose to be me own guy and become as different to these jock garbage piles as i possibly good. these idiots dont appreciate the classics, they only want to be trendy cause they think they're the bosses. well they all suck! the 80's are cool. people have bullied me because i'm so obsessed with the eighties but so what? it is my style! i enjoy being an individual, not a sheep. i do not enjoy belittling people and regarding them as inferior because they dont do sports - these monkey boy morons are a disgrace to humanity and represent all that is wrong about the human species. the only people who make the differences are the ones that aspire to be different. not the ones that go with the crowd and only the crowd. they suck.
sports suck!
the 80's rule!
deal wiv it.

Some nicely chilled Blue Nun and some vol-au-vents?

You shot my car, you bastard!

He wore a mask... of Margaret Thatcher.
Metal Mickey.
Ray
Site Admin

Re: the 1980s are so much better than sports!

Post by Ray »

that is very interesting.. the 80s, eh? I like the 80s OK. Is there a TV channel dedicated to the 80s? Is that what you mean by 1982channel?

What were the best things about the 80s? I'm trying to remember what distinguised it from the 70s but I'm having trouble.

Did the movie Weird Science come out in the 80s? That was pretty cool. :)

I Hope We Lose!
Polite24
Sports Bore

Post by Polite24 »

LOL at this poster

but sports were pretty big in the 80's too.
SportsGuy92
Sportsman

Post by SportsGuy92 »

There's nothing wrong with not liking sports, but not only do you look down on people because they do like sports, you seem surprised that people make fun of you for living in the past. Yes, there are some people who take sports too seriously but this is a small minority. Besides, as I have said before, sports fans admire real people who go through real pain to complete real accomplishments, so if you have some other interest don't think they're totally stupid for liking sports. Finally, I am so sick and tired of everyone on here assuming all athletes are dumb or troublemakers. From my experience the kids who are the dumbest or the worst behaved are not athletes.
Sergey

Post by Sergey »

What is wrong with you? A small minority? More like a majority to me. Yeah they are mostly troublemakers.
HULK SMASH SPORTS JOCK'S HEAD! OWWWW, HULK HURT HAND!

The Golden Rule: DO feed the troll!

Crappy school but better than sports related schools...

Earl

Post by Earl »

We have an opportunity for dialogue here. I'm serious about this.

SportsGuy92, why don't you ask Sergey to give you specific reasons why he believes that the majority of sports-minded people are troublemakers -- not for the purpose of debating him or trying to prove him wrong, but for the purpose of trying to understand why he feels the way he does. I'm certain that his experience is different from yours.

Sergey, why don't you respond by telling SportsGuy92 what has been going on at your school. Go into detail and give specific examples. Try to give SportsGuy92 an opportunity to be a listener. Try not to view him as an adversary.

I think an actual dialogue could be interesting. (I could be wrong, of course.) Otherwise, you'll just have the same back-and-forth, back-and-forth that goes nowhere. No minds on either side will ever be changed, and no one will learn anything.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
SportsGuy92
Sportsman

Post by SportsGuy92 »

OK, Sergey, why do you believe the majority of sports-minded people are troublemakers?
Sergey

Post by Sergey »

SportsGuy92 wrote:OK, Sergey, why do you believe the majority of sports-minded people are troublemakers?

Well, my school is full of thickheaded idiots who can't stop bothering me. Oh and did I mention the majority of those idiots are sports players? My friends aren't sports fans and they are all pretty smart, but there are some friends that are smart and like sports (minority) but they only like soccer. The majority of my school like sports, and the majority of them are doing poorly in academics. Not only are they annoying as hell, they don't have a good vocabulary. Now tell me how gaming spectators aren't comparable to sports spectators. 95% of 12-18 boys play games.

SportsGuy92
Sportsman

Post by SportsGuy92 »

Sergey wrote:
SportsGuy92 wrote:OK, Sergey, why do you believe the majority of sports-minded people are troublemakers?

Well, my school is full of thickheaded idiots who can't stop bothering me. Oh and did I mention the majority of those idiots are sports players? My friends aren't sports fans and they are all pretty smart, but there are some friends that are smart and like sports (minority) but they only like soccer. The majority of my school like sports, and the majority of them are doing poorly in academics. Not only are they annoying as hell, they don't have a good vocabulary. Now tell me how gaming spectators aren't comparable to sports spectators. 95% of 12-18 boys play games.
First of all, I don't disrespect video games, I play them and so does pretty much everybody else I know. Secondly, what do these people do to bother you? Finally, how does the majority of people at your school do poorly in academics? Schools set up their classes so that you don't have to be a genius to get reasonably good grades.
Sergey

Post by Sergey »

SportsGuy92 wrote:
Sergey wrote:

First of all, I don't disrespect video games, I play them and so does pretty much everybody else I know. Secondly, what do these people do to bother you? Finally, how does the majority of people at your school do poorly in academics? Schools set up their classes so that you don't have to be a genius to get reasonably good grades.

Well, they keep saying random shit every chance they get. Well, everyone I know tends to act poorly in class. They have problems with rather easy things. My school is more tolerable where they let even those with bad grades play. It sucks.

SportsGuy92
Sportsman

Post by SportsGuy92 »

Sergey wrote:Well, they keep saying random shit every chance they get. Well, everyone I know tends to act poorly in class. They have problems with rather easy things. My school is more tolerable where they let even those with bad grades play. It sucks.
So the majority of people at your school not only get bad grades, they also act poorly in class? Do you go to an inner city school?
Sergey

Post by Sergey »

SportsGuy92 wrote:
Sergey wrote:Well, they keep saying random shit every chance they get. Well, everyone I know tends to act poorly in class. They have problems with rather easy things. My school is more tolerable where they let even those with bad grades play. It sucks.
So the majority of people at your school not only get bad grades, they also act poorly in class? Do you go to an inner city school?

No, and Lewis, who'd win Bojack or Broly?

Earl

Post by Earl »

SportsGuy92, from a comment Sergey made in a previous post months ago (unless I'm mistaken), I think there may be a lot of illegal aliens at his high school.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Sergey

Post by Sergey »

Earl wrote:SportsGuy92, from a comment Sergey made in a previous post months ago (unless I'm mistaken), I think there may be a lot of illegal aliens at his high school.

Not really. Well, maybe, but I'm not aware.

SportsGuy92
Sportsman

Post by SportsGuy92 »

OK, so some schools have greater problems with behavior and academics than others, but that has nothing to do with sports.