Did you ever notice?

This forum is dedicated to expressing how much football and soccer suck!
Fitz301

Did you ever notice?

Post by Fitz301 »

Hey all,

Been busy, gotta a deadline for some CG work I'm working on and a few other projects in the works.

Anyway, I was watching my local news a while back and heard that a couple soldiers died tragically in Iraq and their bodies had just returned to my state and I noticed that they went on and on about the soldier who played football while the other got almost completely no coverage at all, as if his life didn't mean anything!

Just ticked me off is all.
Fitz301
RaleighRob

Post by RaleighRob »

totally agree with you there....that's just sick.
Ray
Site Admin

Re: Did you ever notice?

Post by Ray »

Fitz301 wrote:Hey all,

Been busy, gotta a deadline for some CG work I'm working on and a few other projects in the works.

Anyway, I was watching my local news a while back and heard that a couple soldiers died tragically in Iraq and their bodies had just returned to my state and I noticed that they went on and on about the soldier who played football while the other got almost completely no coverage at all, as if his life didn't mean anything!

Just ticked me off is all.
Fitz301
Yeah, I've seen that kind of thing before. Often. I don't know what it is that makes people accept that point of view. I mean most of us weren't jocks and didn't play football. Why do "we" idolize sports? It's as if we associate it with being "normal" or being an American.

I Hope We Lose!
Skul
Forum Admin

Post by Skul »

I fail to see how that soldier is considered more 'important' just because he played sports...
Forum Rules

SportsSuck.org. Bringing you the truth... no matter how bad it hurts.

Love and Tolerance!
SpeedofLeicht
Sports Bore

Post by SpeedofLeicht »

Skul wrote:I fail to see how that soldier is considered more 'important' just because he played sports...
Think of this

How many people would turn down 500-600K Dollars to risk your lives and go to the military
Im not saying all of you would go to the NFL for the 500-600K dollars (makes for a Fat-ass wallet compared to what MOST of you make)
But I know SOME of you would

Call me selfish, I know I would be cashing into the NFL

I admire those that risk their Lives for their country
Fitz301

Post by Fitz301 »

That has got to be the stupidest thing I've heard in a while. What the hell does money have to do with it?
Unfortunately, it's the soldiers who die that have paid the ultimate price so unappreciative assholes like you can spew that bullshit!

Fitz301 :evil:
SpeedofLeicht
Sports Bore

Post by SpeedofLeicht »

Fitz301 wrote:That has got to be the stupidest thing I've heard in a while. What the hell does money have to do with it?
Unfortunately, it's the soldiers who die that have paid the ultimate price so unappreciative assholes like you can spew that bullshit!

Fitz301 :evil:
Not many people would turn down millions of dollars to go risk their lives
But I guess you couldnt read that cause your a fucking dumbass, maybe I should get someone to record that

REMOVED

There maybe now you will know What I am saying Asshole
Check out my web site -maybe I'll give you a hero autograph!
http://www.SpeedofLeicht.com/

Do it! You know you want to! I drive cars, after all!
Skul
Forum Admin

Post by Skul »

No need for huge pictures. Try making them smaller.
Forum Rules

SportsSuck.org. Bringing you the truth... no matter how bad it hurts.

Love and Tolerance!
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

Skul wrote:No need for huge pictures. Try making them smaller.
Thanks. That was too big. This speedo guy is a real jerk, isn't he? Did you see his website? I bet that little turd swaggers around like he is the cock of de walk. Same attitude as high school football players. Well, he'll find no sycophant sports fans here to kiss his ass. :)

hear that, goober? :lol:

I Hope We Lose!
Fitz301

Post by Fitz301 »

To speed I say - GET OVER YOURSELF!

Fitz301 :twisted:
Samdaman

Post by Samdaman »

awesome, you showed them that movie of Ray masturbating!

NICE! (Imagine Borat's voice)

Also Speed makestotal sence: I heard that there was another NFL player who did the same thing a few years ago, maybethe same guy. He could've made millions in the NFL, but sacrifised his life instead. The other guy was probably some nerd who made more $ in the army than in his normal job anyways. See, jocks are american heors and all nerds want is $$$!!!
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

Samdaman wrote:awesome, you showed them that movie of Ray masturbating!

NICE! (Imagine Borat's voice)

Also Speed makestotal sence: I heard that there was another NFL player who did the same thing a few years ago, maybethe same guy. He could've made millions in the NFL, but sacrifised his life instead. The other guy was probably some nerd who made more $ in the army than in his normal job anyways. See, jocks are american heors and all nerds want is $$$!!!
What?! That's your shining example of a jock role-model?!

That guy didn't sacrifice ANYTHING. Once a person has a few million in the bank, they really don't need to think about money any more. So it really wasn't a sacrifice for him to quit football at all! He was already a millionaire!

Jocks are all about EGO. That guy played professional football for a few years and sucked up all the glory he could and then stumbled on a way to make himself look even BIGGER: "hey --I'll join the Army and make myself look like an action hero! Everybody will kiss my ass AND I can pose as a real-life soldier and play with guns! I will be the COOLEST!"

It was all about ego. I bet the guys in his unit couldn't stand him.

I bet he was always yammering on and on and on about the big game and what a hero he was. I bet they used to transfer him from unit to unit every couple of weeks because his co-workers couldn't stand him.

And then he was a victim of friendly fire.

Nice example.

I Hope We Lose!
Fitz301

Post by Fitz301 »

Maybe his own guys shot him to shut him up!

FItz301 :twisted:
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

Fitz301 wrote:Maybe his own guys shot him to shut him up!

FItz301 :twisted:
that's what I thought! people can only take so much --plus they're under a lot of stress already.

I Hope We Lose!
Fitz301

Post by Fitz301 »

When you're under pressure like that, nobody has the patience to listen to this guy rant about how wonderful he is, or maybe, like the other sports fans who turn up on here and started in with the juvenile name calling to the guys who didn't play sports and pissed of the wrong person. You don't want piss off someone with a machine gun and a license to kill!

Fitz301 :twisted: