Australian Rules Football Sucks

This forum is dedicated to expressing how much football and soccer suck!
SamNewman

Australian Rules Football Sucks

Post by SamNewman »

Hello fellow sport haters, this is my first post.

I am not against keeping fit by exercising, but like you I also hate organised sports with a passion. Sport in australia is severely overrated. The commercial media here try to shove it down our throats and hold the players up as some sort of role model, hence I don't watch listen to or read anything via the commercial media. Still, sometimes I inadvertently find myself exposed to it and I find this type of hype severely patronising. In Australia like the USA and other countries, employers see to like using 'team playing' analogies ad nauseam. I just hate those sporting analogies so much.

We have this thing called Australian Rules Football and today and just yesterday we had an event called 'Grand Final Day'. In fact whilst most of the country has been bracing itself for it I didn't even know it was occurring until three days ago and didn't know who the teams were until two days ago. Not that I care because the whole thing is pointless and a great number of buffoon footy players (within the AFL) here are convicted criminal trash who can't help them selves in land in all sorts of strife, usually because they have assaulted somebody (sexually or otherwise) [see: I [see also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_in ... FL_players ]

As I pointed out in your guest book; most sporting fans seem to turn a blind eye to the buffoonery which organised sport seems to encourage. Take a look at this latest incident of racism as reported by Media Watch in Australia regarding a television program called 'The Footy Show'.
http://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/transc ... 692254.htm
Earl

Re: Australian Rules Football Sucks

Post by Earl »

Hi, SamNewman. Welcome to the forum!
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Polite24
Sports Bore

Post by Polite24 »

A lot of attitudes and mindsets in sports can be applied to other things. Team playing is one of them, no matter how much you fight or deny that.
rotten

Post by rotten »

What polite2468 meant to say, was "Welcome to the forum." Not, "hey you're new here so i will immediately start trying to invalidate what you are saying"
I'm surprised he didn't start out telling you that sports fans know that Austrailia is, as a fact, not a good basketball country. See something happens to the USA that makes them better at it.
Not that we care.
Don't worry, if you stick around he will grow on you.

I on the other hand feel your frustration and am glad to have you here, a great place where we rule those who have ruled us for so many years.
Welcome!
Where the gym teacher was always mad, And as far as we could tell, he only exercised his right to yell - Josh Joplin Group- Dutch Wonderland
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Those who can't, teach. Those who can't teach, coach.
SamNewman

Post by SamNewman »

Thank you all for the the welcome. You too Polite24 :) I feel at home here already.

Yes going back to what we discussed about sports analogies and mindsets; I know I can't deny their existence but just thought I would vent my frustration here as I thought it would be the appropriate forum for that.
Earl

Post by Earl »

That's why this website was set up. You've come to the right place. :)
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Good evening SamNewman, and welcome to our happy little anti-sports forum.

Sorry I didn't welcome you sooner. I've been busy.

Anyway . . . . . . .

I read your web site link to the list of incidents involving VFL/AFL players.

I notice it goes way back from the year 1900 all the way to the present time in 2009.

Yeah! I notice that in recent years, the number of criminal incidents seem to double with each passing year.

At that rate of increase, by the year 2100 every man, woman, and child will have been raped and murdered by a jock, and the human race will become extinct.

That is, except for the jocks themselves.

No, wait! Jocks aren't human!

Yeah! The human race will become extinct by the turn of the next century.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

greencom

Post by greencom »

SamNewman,
Welcome my friend.I feel that football is also shoved down our throats here in the U.S. and the public hungrily scarfs it down like a pack of starving hyenas. Fall is my favorite season of the year but it is ruined by all of the football bullshit vomited out of the mouths of all of the idiot fans that surround me during my work day.
Greencom
Skul
Forum Admin

Post by Skul »

Greetings, Sam,

Like Fatman, I've been really busy behind the scenes, so sorry for not welcoming you earlier.

Like you, my country seems to regard sports as some kind of god. Mainly that pile of fail called football (or soccer, to those overseas). Hell, they've even said on adverts -- on more than one occassion, may I add --that playing sports is the best way for children to learn about life. People who say that should be shot. A bunch of times. It drives me nuts and makes me want to hurt people on a massive scale.

Okay, it's not that bad, but that statement about sports is stupid.
Forum Rules

SportsSuck.org. Bringing you the truth... no matter how bad it hurts.

Love and Tolerance!
SamNewman

Post by SamNewman »

Thank you gentlemen to all of you for your kind welome.

Fatman, right you are about the sports criminals. They are a menace to society and every poor kid who enters a nightclub here needs to be on guard or end up on the receiving end of one of these overpaid brats. Can you beleive that the mainstream tabloid media here refers to sporting athletes as heros? I thought heros were meant to be people who have carried some sort of out noble and selfless act. How does an athlete who is pursuing a career qualify as a hero?

Greencom, I feel your pain. I am self employed now but in the days where I worked with others and shared a lunchroom I also had to put up with idiots beat on about the stupid team they follow, or talk about an individual players progress as if they personally know that player.
-that playing sports is the best way for children to learn about life.
I have heard that said here too. What a load of crock. The best way for a child to develop in my onion is to be exposed to as much sources of knowledge as possible, to have his or her curiosity stimulated with academic content.
Agent 47

Post by Agent 47 »

Hi ya SamNewman. At first I didn't know what the hell to think when I saw the name of a famous Australian footballer on here, but as you're a fellow sports hater, then welcome!
SamNewman wrote:We have this thing called Australian Rules Football and today and just yesterday we had an event called 'Grand Final Day'.
Hope you survived the BLAND FINAL alright the other day. I managed to make it until about 6:25 pm myself until I found out the result. And that was only because I needed to see the weather, so I accidentaly switched on the TV when the sports report hadn't quite finished.

Oh well, just think, now that the Bland Final is over for another year, it's now the maximum amount of time until the football season recommences again!
abitagirl

Post by abitagirl »

dickfilthy wrote:Oh well, just think, now that the Bland Final is over for another year, it's now the maximum amount of time until the football season recommences again!

I am jealous. American football season has only just begun, which means another 3-4 months of this crap. Then there's basketball season, which ends...I don't know when. June, I think?
Yes, it really is JUST A GAME.
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

SamNewman wrote:Hello fellow sport haters, this is my first post.
Welcome, brother. (sorry to be so slow in writing --I was goofing off) :)

I Hope We Lose!
SamNewman

Post by SamNewman »

Hi dickfilthy, abitagirl and Ray. Thank you for your kind welcome. Yes our bland final has come and gone and guess what? I don't know who won. I don't even care to know either.

I chose the name SamNewman because I hate the guy's guts but I do love an irony every now and then. As you may or may not know Newman is an ex footballer who hosts a silly TV show called 'The Footy Show' which I have never watched. I do know that Newman made some distasteful remarks on his show recently, as I am an avid supporter of a TV program (on a non commercial station) called 'Media Watch'. Media Watch reported this incident.
see: http://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/transc ... 692254.htm

Abitagirl, I feel your pain. Although football has finished here we will soon be bombarded with cricket and tennis. I am not sure when rugby season ends or if it has even ended. There is just no relief to this pain!
patrickalves
One-post wonder

Post by patrickalves »

Hey SamNewman
I cant agree more AFL does suck. Having unfortunately played it and living in Melbourne I know the hysteria and non stop talk about football that occurs when that time every year comes around.

There is how ever an organization for people that dislike football, if you don't know it already .The Anti Football League (AFL for short :)). http://antifootballleague.org/

Have a look, they sometime have event and always have a Grand Final Diversion event.