What about this?

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Mastershake5434

What about this?

Post by Mastershake5434 »

Does anyone ever think that the world in about a couple of hundred of years will relize that " Wait, why are we doing this? This is a waste of time." and maybe they'll drop there balls and stop hitting stuff into fishnets and do soemthing useful?
blast flame

Post by blast flame »

I don't think people will ever stop watching something sportish. Our best bet would be to replace it with something better like chess, debating or (non-sport) video-games.
The world is helping sport and attacking freedom, don't let this happen

Ray
Site Admin

Re: What about this?

Post by Ray »

Mastershake5434 wrote:Does anyone ever think that the world in about a couple of hundred of years will relize that " Wait, why are we doing this? This is a waste of time." and maybe they'll drop there balls and stop hitting stuff into fishnets and do soemthing useful?
I think it's possible but it would take something cataclysmic to interrupt the momentum of what's going on now. Like a war or a famine or something. I can easily imagine a world without people who pay to watch other people play. A world where people participate in physical activity if they feel like it and don't if they don't. A world where a person doesn't have to conform to be considered "normal". It's a sick twist of fate that brought the world to its present condition. But it's not beyond hope. The more people who realize that it's OK to not be insane, the better our chances will be of ridding the world of sports!
<b>Sports Suck!</b>

I Hope We Lose!
sport4me

Post by sport4me »

blast flame wrote:I don't think people will ever stop watching something sportish. Our best bet would be to replace it with something better like chess, debating or (non-sport) video-games.
wow, chess is fun.

stupid caffine filled geek.
blast flame

Post by blast flame »

sport4me wrote:
blast flame wrote:I don't think people will ever stop watching something sportish. Our best bet would be to replace it with something better like chess, debating or (non-sport) video-games.
wow, chess is fun.

stupid caffine filled geek.
I want to bring to your attention an oxymoron in you post. "stupid" and "geek" do not mix.

Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

I vote for replacing it with shooting sports fans from a cannon. Into the sun. :)

I Hope We Lose!
blast flame

Post by blast flame »

Ray wrote:
I vote for replacing it with shooting sports fans from a cannon. Into the sun. :)
While I would like to see the same amount of money going into those things as it does to sport currantly I second your vote.

Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

blast flame wrote:
Ray wrote:
While I would like to see the same amount of money going into those things as it does to sport currantly I second your vote.
Well, I would like to see the same amount of money currently spent on sports go to something more worthwhile too! Can you imagine how much is spent on sports clothes, sport-endorsed advertising, ticket sales, stadium building, travel, cable TV, etc? Probably at least $100 per household per year. Imagine that money used for a higher purpose --like research or social programs. We'd be living in a utopia now instead of the sports-crazed society we now endure.

I Hope We Lose!