Dedicated to sports heroes.. read for their criminal charges

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
war

Dedicated to sports heroes.. read for their criminal charges

Post by war »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10777702/

RICHMOND, Va. - Former Virginia Tech quarterback Marcus Vick, booted from the team last week for his behavior on and off the field, was charged Monday with pulling a gun on three teenagers during an altercation in a restaurant parking lot.

I think sports teach such great character building. Seriously, kids should really look up to this guy. He is setting a fine example of how children should develop their personalities.
Ray
Site Admin

Re: Dedicated to sports heroes.. read for their criminal cha

Post by Ray »

war wrote:http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10777702/

RICHMOND, Va. - Former Virginia Tech quarterback Marcus Vick, booted from the team last week for his behavior on and off the field, was charged Monday with pulling a gun on three teenagers during an altercation in a restaurant parking lot.

I think sports teach such great character building. Seriously, kids should really look up to this guy. He is setting a fine example of how children should develop their personalities.
good point. Sports didn't build any character into that thug, did it?
war

any other sports "heroes" breaking the law

Post by war »

I ask anyone that reads this to list any links of anyone involved in sports breaking the law to post them here. So, when people tell you that sports build character we can have a list of sites that go against their theory of sports being a good development tool for kids. I would love to send a whole list to my sister when she tells me how great sports are for her kids.
RaleighRob

Post by RaleighRob »

Well, I'm sure you could google phrases like "sports + criminal" or "athlete break law", and so forth, and find a good few articles.

On the reverse side, if you want to make the argument that sports figures often become bullies that ruin other people's lives, there's plenty of stuff out there about that too. Even our friends at sportssuck linked a pretty good article that reminds us jocks had a heavy hand in the Columbine tragedy: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/na ... bine12.htm

Post by Guest »

who the f*** cares bout mark vick?? he's 1 playa. im 14 and look up 2 derek jeter. sports r my life i couldnt live without em. 2 bad its not talked bout more on tv.

U LITTLE GAY MORONS JUST CANT PLAY SO UR JELLIOUS LOSERS

Post by Guest »

so u bring out one bad guy. derek jeter has a foundation which helps people with cancer like lance armstrong. look at vince young, star college qb wit a 3.6 gpa talks to kids about staying out of trouble. emeka okafor, 3.7 gpa has a foundation. joe torre safe at home foundation raises money 4 endangered kids. now look at vincent vanshit. HE CUTS A GUYS EAR OFF, O YEAH THATS SOME 1 TO LOOK UP TO.

SPORTS RULE!!!!!!
Ray
Site Admin

I'm telling your mom you're on the computer again!!

Post by Ray »

Anonymous wrote:who the f*** cares bout mark vick?? he's 1 playa. im 14 and look up 2 derek jeter. sports r my life i couldnt live without em. 2 bad its not talked bout more on tv.

U LITTLE GAY MORONS JUST CANT PLAY SO UR JELLIOUS LOSERS
Is this GoWankers1129 again?! I could play circles around your illiterate ass and yet still be smart enough to know that that you and all your sports fans friends are born followers. You look up to derek jeter? What for? What makes him any more special than your dad or your teachers or your neighbors? Stop watching TV, pull your head out and get a life before it's too late!
BTW, registration is free. Or is you just too afraid to leave your fake name? 8)

Post by Guest »

ITS GO YANKEES MORON DEREK IS MY HERO MY TEACHERS R BITCHES. I LIVE AND DIE WITH DA YANKS

SCREW U ALL SPORTS RULE!! U ALL SUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

What about the behaviour of some football ( soccer) fans which has been a serious problem for decades in Britain?
Only last weekend a marauding group of fans in Stoke on Trent nearly beat five policemen to death when they tried to stop a mass brawl.
I could list some of the most serious incidents of football related violence over the last 20 years, though the real big one, which led to English clubs being banned from Europe for five years, occured in 1985 when 39 fans were killed in a riot in a stadium in Brussels.
Aug 1986, rival fans from London start a riot on a Channel ferry which leads to five people being stabbed and the ferry being forced to turn back to Dover, over 100 arrests.
Feb 1987, St Pancras station is badly damaged during a riot between QPR and Luton Town fans.
Aug 1987, a Sunderland fan is pushed under a train and killed in London by supporters of Millwall( the most violent club in Britain.)
Jun 1988, England fans smash up bars and restaurants in a mass riot in Dusseldorf, leading to over 200 arrests.
Aug 1988, police in Manchester arrest a hooligan gang linked to Manchester City and responsible for countless attacks on rival fans
Apr 1992, a match between Birmingham City and Stoke City is abandoned when rival fans invade the pitch and attack the referee
Jun 1992, England fans cause a riot in Gothenburg during the European championships, setting fire to cars and wrecking bars, over 200 arrests
Jul 1993, Six people are seriously injured in Sunderland by Glasgow Rangers fans, Newcastle station wrecked by Rangers fans on the same night.
Feb 1995, over 600 Chelsea fans are arrested for causing a mass brawl in Antwerp
Feb 1995, a match between Ireland and England is abandoned after 13 Irish fans are seriously injured when English fans attack them with masonry from the stand above.
May 1994, Millwall fans riot and attack Derby County players and local radio reporters after Derby beats them for promotion, 50 arrests
Jun 1996, England loses to Germany in the semi final of the European championships. Trafalgar Square in London is wrecked and owners of German cars attacked. Car dealerships selling German cars attacked across the country.
Jun 2000, England fans cause a riot in Charleroi during the European championship, over 200 arrests.
Mar 2001, Chelsea fans cause a serious riot at Reading station, which leaves three people seriously injured
Mar 2002, fans of Newcastle Utd and Sunderland smash up a ferry and a bar during a pre planned riot, ten people( some of them by standers) injured in the violence. Three men jailed.
Feb 2003, the BBC reveals the identities of two known leaders of a hooligan gang linked to Chelsea and involved in years of violence. Both men are jailed for ten years.
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

[quote="Glenn"]What about the behaviour of some football ( soccer) fans which has been a serious problem for decades in Britain?
Only last weekend a marauding group of fans in Stoke on Trent nearly beat five policemen to death when they tried to stop a mass brawl.
I could list some of the most serious incidents of football related violence over the last 20 years, though the real big one, which led to English clubs being banned from Europe for five years, occured in 1985 when 39 fans were killed in a riot in a stadium in Brussels.

That is incredible! I remember hearing something about a lot of violence during soccer games and English fans being banned from soccer games throughout Europe --years ago on the news --but I'm not very familiar with the story. With behavior like that I'm surprised the game isn't just banned ouright from England. It sounds like it brings nothing but trouble and almost seems like legalized thuggery. We have occasional riots associated with sports but nothing on that scale.

I remember when I was stationed in Germany, almost every time I rode a public train or street car, a bunch of rowdy, noisy young people would stagger onto the train and loudly sing and yell and wrestle around and throw things the whole time they were aboard. And everyone else in the train would sit stone still and never say a word. They were afraid of them. I hope one day soccer is banned and anyone spotted wearing a soccer jersey is chased down by a mob of indignant citizens and beaten to a pulp. Sports Suck!!

Post by Guest »

Ray
One of the guys that was arrested after the BBC documentary was a lovely character called Andy Frain who had boasted to an undercover reporter how he nearly killed a man in front of his girlfriend and how he attacked a rival fan with a railway sleeper. Fair enough, these guys do represent the extreme end of football fandom, and most fans do disown Frain( at least publicly), but there is an ugly tendency among football fans to scream abuse at rival teams, referees and managers, which makes it an intimidating game. What I object to most is the pathetic hatred rival teams show towards each other, Manchester Utd fans will typically hate people from Liverpool( even if they've never met someone from the city), and the juvenile behaviour of many fans. I have even seen a man in his forties cry because his team lost. Well, boo hoo, grow up, you dick, it's not as if your mother has died.
BTW, Ray did you serve in the US Army? It shows you're more of a man than the sports nuts would make you out to be. After all, a lot of them think we're fags who aren't real men. Bet that surprises the overweight bozos when you say you've served your country.

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:Ray
One of the guys that was arrested after the BBC documentary was a lovely character called Andy Frain who had boasted to an undercover reporter how he nearly killed a man in front of his girlfriend and how he attacked a rival fan with a railway sleeper. Fair enough, these guys do represent the extreme end of football fandom, and most fans do disown Frain( at least publicly), but there is an ugly tendency among football fans to scream abuse at rival teams, referees and managers, which makes it an intimidating game. What I object to most is the pathetic hatred rival teams show towards each other, Manchester Utd fans will typically hate people from Liverpool( even if they've never met someone from the city), and the juvenile behaviour of many fans. I have even seen a man in his forties cry because his team lost. Well, boo hoo, grow up, you dick, it's not as if your mother has died.
BTW, Ray did you serve in the US Army? It shows you're more of a man than the sports nuts would make you out to be. After all, a lot of them think we're fags who aren't real men. Bet that surprises the overweight bozos when you say you've served your country.
Andy Frain, eh? Sounds like a typical sports-follower. Yes, I was in the Air Force for over 20 years but the AF isn't really considered a "tough" organization. And anyway, even if we were in the Army, the sports fan type is pretty rigid in their thinking. They couldn't disagree with the crowd if their lives depended on it.
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

Yeah, Ray, this Frain character is a real lovely guy. He was a member of a neo Nazi group called Combat 18, a lot of hooligans are Nazis over here, and he was basically a psychopath. I do admit Frain was the most extreme kind of football fan, though I think he was more interested in the violence than the game itself, but football breeds an ugliness in behaviour that seems to be unrivalled anywhere else.
I could also add amateur rugby league breeds quite a few nasty characters as well.

Post by Guest »

I could add the misdemeanours of a local rugby league professional who has been arrested and banned from his game for taking steroids. Is this an example to set to fans by cheating and using banned substances. These guys are always prattling on about how the game builds character. Well, recently we've had steroid boy banned, last year a player was sent to jail for beating up his wife, and three players were done for intimidation and dealing drugs. So if you want to be a steroid abuser who hits women and deals drugs, this is the game for you.
RaleighRob

badjocks

Post by RaleighRob »

I just recently found a website that has TONS of stories of athletes doing shit and trying to get away with it:
http://www.badjocks.com

some of the stories there are just amazing in the ludicrousy. :shock: