If sports are gay, then what is masculine?

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
i_like_1981

Re: If sports are gay, then what is masculine?

Post by i_like_1981 »

College football fan, eh? I suppose that's where the username "Safety" came from. I recently found out that "safety" is an American football position. This is interesting. Did you call yourself that to make it clear that you were a football fan or was this something else that was expected to go over our heads? :wink:

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
Safety
Sportsman

Post by Safety »

On most boards I sign up as "SafetyFailure," because usually when a safety messes up it can have a dramatic effect on the game. But I just signed up as Safety since this board isn't as big as the other ones I join. And of course I support Ohio State, I'm hoping to attend that school in the near future.
"I hold that the parentheses are by far the most important parts of a non-business letter." - D. H. Lawrence
Earl

Post by Earl »

Why are you interested in this small, unpopular website? What attracts you here? I'm not saying you shouldn't be here, but there doesn't seem to be anything here that you'd like. Don't mean to be unfriendly, believe me; I'm just curious. I'd welcome an honest dialogue (with anyone, for that matter) -- except trolls, for obvious reasons. I'd be glad to hear your frank views.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Safety wrote:On most boards I sign up as "SafetyFailure," because usually when a safety messes up it can have a dramatic effect on the game. But I just signed up as Safety since this board isn't as big as the other ones I join. And of course I support Ohio State, I'm hoping to attend that school in the near future.
First you said you "weren't really a big fan of sports" who just did running and basketball every once in a while.

Then you said you enjoyed playing sports but not watching them.

Now it's clear that you play them, watch them, and are quite a big football fan, especially of Ohio State.

And are you seriously implying that our forum can't take usernames with 13 letters or more? How exactly did "Fledermausmensch" get on here then? "SafetyFailure" would have been fine. And perhaps if you'd made it clear back then why you'd picked that name and that you were a sports fan then I wouldn't be saying all this now.

I'm sure you're aware of the fact that we got raided by the scumbags over at 4chan earlier this year, so we could really do without the "cool story bro" and "massive faggot" comments that you've put in two of your posts. Tell me honestly now - are you a 4chan user? Have you seen and posted on the /sp/ board?

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Safety
Sportsman

Post by Safety »

i_like_1981 wrote:
Safety wrote:On most boards I sign up as "SafetyFailure," because usually when a safety messes up it can have a dramatic effect on the game. But I just signed up as Safety since this board isn't as big as the other ones I join. And of course I support Ohio State, I'm hoping to attend that school in the near future.
First you said you "weren't really a big fan of sports" who just did running and basketball every once in a while.

Then you said you enjoyed playing sports but not watching them.

Now it's clear that you play them, watch them, and are quite a big football fan, especially of Ohio State.

And are you seriously implying that our forum can't take usernames with 13 letters or more? How exactly did "Fledermausmensch" get on here then? "SafetyFailure" would have been fine. And perhaps if you'd made it clear back then why you'd picked that name and that you were a sports fan then I wouldn't be saying all this now.

I'm sure you're aware of the fact that we got raided by the scumbags over at 4chan earlier this year, so we could really do without the "cool story bro" and "massive faggot" comments that you've put in two of your posts. Tell me honestly now - are you a 4chan user? Have you seen and posted on the /sp/ board?

Best regards,
i_like_1981
I thought that if I came out and openly said that I was a fan of sports, I would be instantly bashed and possibly omitted. I apologize for lying about that, but yes I'm a sports fan. However, I've come to learn that you guys can be very open-minded and tolerant people (I always look through headers.) I use the name SafetyFailure for larger websites, such as GameFaqs or GameSpot. This website obviously doesn't have as many people, so I just used Safety.
"I hold that the parentheses are by far the most important parts of a non-business letter." - D. H. Lawrence
Earl

Post by Earl »

Thanks for the compliment. I have no problem with critics of this website, as long as they refrain from being abusive. Do I agree with every position of this website's stance or with every comment that has been posted or displayed by those who support (or even created) this website? Certainly not. I think for myself. It is possible to make strong criticisms of this website, and still be respectful of those of us who support it. Before the 4chan raid, we even put up with abusive critics, including the legendary Samdaman :x . I'm amazed that he was tolerated for so long. So, no, you would not have been bashed (at least not by most of us); and you're welcome to post here.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Safety wrote:I thought that if I came out and openly said that I was a fan of sports, I would be instantly bashed and possibly omitted. I apologize for lying about that, but yes I'm a sports fan. However, I've come to learn that you guys can be very open-minded and tolerant people (I always look through headers.) I use the name SafetyFailure for larger websites, such as GameFaqs or GameSpot. This website obviously doesn't have as many people, so I just used Safety.
I wouldn't have bashed or disregarded you just because you liked sports. In fact, I much prefer it when people are just direct and honest in the first place instead of constantly changing their viewpoints or reversing themselves completely. I don't like people like Drool McIntyre who flooded the forum with a load of stupid crap and then expected people to take him seriously on the Guestbook after his ban. I mean, seriously, like what's the point? If you've got something serious to say, say it first and don't sink your credibility beforehand, otherwise there's no point in trying to start a discussion. Look through the earlier posts in the Introductions thread. Two of our previous pro-sports visitors, Nirvana and The Quiet One, got a friendly reception and weren't just mindlessly insulted and ignored just because they liked sports. I'm sure the same would have happened with you if you'd made your true thoughts clear in the beginning.

Take care now.

Best regards,
i_like_1981