If sports are gay, then what is masculine?

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Earl

Re: If sports are gay, then what is masculine?

Post by Earl »

I just hope Samdaman :x never becomes a boys' mandatory P.E. coach. (Place retching Smilie here.)
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Donald

Re:

Post by Donald »

Samdaman wrote:BTW, for abita-HO I just come on here becuase its fun to hassle nerds caus u guys cum on here all the time. Im not always on my computer at home like u fags, i could use my friends or girlfriends or somebody elses and show them the site while im at it.
This is the sort of sports fan i would not want to associate with. Tbh, I dont know why you lot let him post on your forums for so long as its obvious that every post of his would go along the same lines: you're all gay, you don't like sports, total fags, all the girls like me, get a life etc. and he wouldnt concede any of his comments made about sports. Perhaps it was fun to have the arguments but his contributions dont seem to have any worth at all. But hell, you can do what you want. Guys like this do support the impressions of abusive jocks that you do have, and with people like this samdaman character around, it is quite clear to see why you dont share his interests and views.
Donald

Post by Donald »

And earl, as for that retching smilie, i believe this may be along the lines of what you're looking for (sorry if it's a fair bit bigger than your standard smilies):

i_like_1981

Re: Re:

Post by i_like_1981 »

Donald wrote:
Samdaman wrote:BTW, for abita-HO I just come on here becuase its fun to hassle nerds caus u guys cum on here all the time. Im not always on my computer at home like u fags, i could use my friends or girlfriends or somebody elses and show them the site while im at it.
This is the sort of sports fan i would not want to associate with. Tbh, I dont know why you lot let him post on your forums for so long as its obvious that every post of his would go along the same lines: you're all gay, you don't like sports, total fags, all the girls like me, get a life etc. and he wouldnt concede any of his comments made about sports. Perhaps it was fun to have the arguments but his contributions dont seem to have any worth at all. But hell, you can do what you want. Guys like this do support the impressions of abusive jocks that you do have, and with people like this samdaman character around, it is quite clear to see why you dont share his interests and views.
I don't think he should have been banned just like that. In fact, I even regret the fact that I didn't find and join this forum while he was launching his numerous heated attacks. It would have been good fun and who knows, perhaps somebody could have actually gotten through to him and discovered the root of all his hatred. I do think that he could have been reasoned with by means of civil reasoning and not just responding to his insults in kind, but still, he was being given what he gave out, and there was no problem with that. Some of the insults and responses were hilarious, though.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
The Imperialist

Post by The Imperialist »

Yes, I think I also missed the good 'tally ho' moment when 'wars' go on in forums.
(Dedicated myself to other forums where it is just a collection of people talking about a SINGLE anime series, so not much excitement there...my I sound like a war maniac)
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

The Imperialist wrote:Yes, I think I also missed the good 'tally ho' moment when 'wars' go on in forums.
(Dedicated myself to other forums where it is just a collection of people talking about a SINGLE anime series, so not much excitement there...my I sound like a war maniac)
Well, you sure missed a rather major conflict on this site that happened only a few months ago. Back in early February when I was still a relatively new member on here and hadn't even done 100 posts here, our board was raided by members of 4chan's sports board. I assume you've heard of 4chan or read about that raid on here. It sure allowed me to rack up a high number of posts in not a lot of time but during the actual raid on February 4, the website's server was overloaded by mass numbers of trolls coming online at the same time and it became hard to access the board as a result. Look at all the users on the Members list who had their ranks changed to SPAMMER around that time. And there are plenty more who had their accounts and posts deleted as well.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

HugeFanOfBadReligion

Post by HugeFanOfBadReligion »

Wow, after reading the first couple pages of this topic, I suddenly feel slightly better about myself, knowing that I'm almost the age that samdaman was at that time, and I'm 10 times as mature as he was at the time (not trying to brag or show off, I'm not saying I'm more mature than most people my age, I'm just saying that samdaman is extremely immature), and it's also good knowing that I'm not the same kind of person who he was (assuming he was truthful): A popular bone-headed jock with extremely flawed logic and no respect for the intellectually advanced. It's hilarious seeing his failed responses to good points. He doesn't address any good points directly, he just acts like a buffoon and makes baseless accusations. Assuming that how he described himself and his situation was true, he's a perfect display of what's wrong in the social system of schools. The athletic, strong, trouble making idiots who have no future have the large circles of friends and the ability to date any girl they wish to date even though they don't respect their girlfriends to the slightest extent, while the academically advanced students who don't care about sports and don't base "manliness" off of physique usually only have friends who are like them, and have little chances of not getting rejected by a female (if they even have the confidence to ask a girl out after years of harsh torment by their socially popular peers).
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama
Earl

Post by Earl »

Donald wrote:And earl, as for that retching smilie, i believe this may be along the lines of what you're looking for (sorry if it's a fair bit bigger than your standard smilies):

Thank you very much. :lol: He/it does look a little green (literally) around the gills. I showed it to my younger daughter; and she responded by saying, "Ewe ... gross!" I laughed at her response. :lol:
i_like_1981 wrote:I don't think he should have been banned just like that. In fact, I even regret the fact that I didn't find and join this forum while he was launching his numerous heated attacks. It would have been good fun and who knows, perhaps somebody could have actually gotten through to him and discovered the root of all his hatred. I do think that he could have been reasoned with by means of civil reasoning and not just responding to his insults in kind, but still, he was being given what he gave out, and there was no problem with that. Some of the insults and responses were hilarious, though.

Best regards,
i_like_1981
I would have loved to have seen an exchange between you and Samdabadboy :x . There certainly would have been fireworks. And an exchange between Fat Man and Samdaman? Oh, brother! It would have been a contest of who could be the most abusive. Pointing out that Skul had tried to reason with him, Mrs. Earl is of the opinion that he would not have listened to me or anyone else. And assuming that he didn't listen to anything I had to say, I might have gotten even madder at him than you would have. I certainly would have banned him a lot sooner than he actually was.
HugeFanOfBadReligion wrote:Wow, after reading the first couple pages of this topic, I suddenly feel slightly better about myself, knowing that I'm almost the age that samdaman was at that time, and I'm 10 times as mature as he was at the time (not trying to brag or show off, I'm not saying I'm more mature than most people my age, I'm just saying that samdaman is extremely immature), and it's also good knowing that I'm not the same kind of person who he was (assuming he was truthful): A popular bone-headed jock with extremely flawed logic and no respect for the intellectually advanced. It's hilarious seeing his failed responses to good points. He doesn't address any good points directly, he just acts like a buffoon and makes baseless accusations. Assuming that how he described himself and his situation was true, he's a perfect display of what's wrong in the social system of schools. The athletic, strong, trouble making idiots who have no future have the large circles of friends and the ability to date any girl they wish to date even though they don't respect their girlfriends to the slightest extent, while the academically advanced students who don't care about sports and don't base "manliness" off of physique usually only have friends who are like them, and have little chances of not getting rejected by a female (if they even have the confidence to ask a girl out after years of harsh torment by their socially popular peers).
I find Samdaman to be quite disturbing. Some of you guys seem to have no trouble reading his comments, but I can't stand to read more than one at a time. They're dripping with hatred. I would have tried to reason with him, and I would have used an approach that I don't believe was used at the time. If he had been willing to actually engage in a dialogue, I would have listened to him. But, again, as Mrs. Earl has said on more than one occasion, he was not interested in listening to anybody.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

The Imperialist

As far as I am concerned, a lot of people are dripping with hatred against sports and their fanbase (and I AM PROOOOUD!), but I guess we are more... polite. (And reasonable. And logical)

But damn I missed all the action. If this was the physical world (and a kind of Battle Royale situation), instead of a war of words (typed), within one week, they would have unfortunate accidents to have occurred to them, mostly involving a large cut from what appears to be a sword, bamboo sticks impaled on them, and what appears to be a lot of squashed copper and lead lodged in their heads and necks.

Or just die from the shock when they read medical articles about the shrinking of the private parts when people take too much steroids.
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Earl wrote:I would have loved to have seen an exchange between you and Samdabadboy :x . There certainly would have been fireworks. And an exchange between Fat Man and Samdaman? Oh, brother! It would have been a contest of who could be the most abusive. Pointing out that Skul had tried to reason with him, Mrs. Earl is of the opinion that he would not have listened to me or anyone else. And assuming that he didn't listen to anything I had to say, I might have gotten even madder at him than you would have. I certainly would have banned him a lot sooner than he actually was.
Shame that those who wanted the conflict the most came too late. Oh well, we might get our chance sometime.

My response to Samdaman's first abusive post would have probably come in the form of... yes, a mini-essay. I would have included a nice balance of insults to react in kind with as well as reasoning and trying to understand his point of view, as I did with "john" and my first enormous post to him. Of course, that was all a waste of time seeing as how "john" was only a copypasta but it gives me somewhat of a template for future responses to nasty sports jocks who come flaming on here. The next time we get a GENUINE one, I'll make sure to employ that method of posting.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Earl

Post by Earl »

Isn't it odd that when Samdaman :x was finally banned from this website that he didn't go to the 4chan trolls to sic them on this website? None of the abusive critics who showed up afterwards ever said that Samdaman :x had sent them. I wonder why.

i_like_1981

Re:

Post by i_like_1981 »

i_love_chicken wrote:Okay I have had enough! Sam your a fucking asshole! I don't give a shit if your a sports fan! Your one of those sports fan that deserves to get a fucking smack! YOU are the fucking retard! Fuck man all your doing on here is feeding them with more reasons to hate sports what the hell good does that do for ya!?! Your giving them more ammunition to hate sports fuck your smart you stupid fucking prick! Your probably one of those sports fans that show up at games half drunk and then drink throughout the game and by the end of the game is so drunk that you don't even know the outcome! O sorry I mean outcum! OOOO BURNED YOU! Like what the fuck man! Getting a fucking grip!
This guy i_love_chicken was one of the sports fans Samdaman managed to get to come over here and start posting but it just ended up with Chicken turning on Sam after realising what a jackass he really was, and probably still is. One sports fan who actually had a sense of decency and righteousness about him. Somebody get this guy a beer!

Best regards,
i_like_1981

The Imperialist

I checked on 4chan archive about us. It was hilarious.

And the fact that these people took it like a game, while we were deadly serious, was quite annoying though. I thought I saw some evidence of Samdaman 'recruiting', but it was Anon, so had no way of checking.

Which reminds me, apparantly, this site's server is a bit slow compared to others. (/sp/ people complaining, by the way)
Is this going to be permanent, because apparantly, it can at the most support five people smoothly until it starts to slow down.
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Earl wrote:Isn't it odd that when Samdaman :x was finally banned from this website that he didn't go to the 4chan trolls to sic them on this website? None of the abusive critics who showed up afterwards ever said that Samdaman :x had sent them. I wonder why.
On a post I read on 4chan somebody referred to it as a "nerd and techie powerhouse". And as we all know, Samdaman showed relentless hatred towards nerds and anything stereotypically nerdy. He might have known about 4chan but probably classed it as a sort of haven for internet geeks and didn't entertain the possibility that there was a sports board there. However, if he had known about the sports board and the site's reputation for raiding and trolling other sites, I'm sure he'd have been quick to go there. He might come back on here sometime, read about the 4chan raids and decide to stir up another one on there. Just my thoughts.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Earl

Post by Earl »

He missed a golden opportunity and all because of his bigotry. Oh, well, there's always hope for the future, isn't there? :roll: :wink: