What Does It Mean?

Well, it attracts the same sort of I-live-through-the-accomplishments-of-others crowd so I guess it qualifies.
Ray
Site Admin

What Does It Mean?

Post by Ray »

I notice pretty often now that pickup trucks have these number stickers in their back window. I'm not sure of the numbers but I think number 3 is a common one. And sometimes something like 24. And 9? And sometimes all of them. I'm not sure of the actual numbers --I might have them wrong.

What do the numbers mean? Are they the numbers of race cars?

A couple of days ago I saw a pickup truck with a sticker in the back window depicting a number 3 pissing on another number! What does THAT mean?

And why do these apparent NASCAR fans drive so damn slow?! You'd think that NASCAR fans would be driving fast but they don't. They are invariably just poking along holding up traffic. Probably with a beer between their knees.

I Hope We Lose!
Skul
Forum Admin

Post by Skul »

I've seen those numbers from time to time over here, too. I have absoloutely no idea what they're supposed to mean, though...
Forum Rules

SportsSuck.org. Bringing you the truth... no matter how bad it hurts.

Love and Tolerance!
Fitz301

Post by Fitz301 »

I see these number everywhere as well where I live. I assume they're the numbers of the favorite driver.
I think that these rednecks stick them on their cars just so they have an excuse to drive like shit, because I'm usually getting tailgated and then cut off by these losers.

Just more proof that sports fans are rude, pushy jackasses.

Fitz301 :twisted:
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

Skul wrote:I've seen those numbers from time to time over here, too. I have absoloutely no idea what they're supposed to mean, though...
No kidding. I thought it was just an American thing. I think I heard somewhere that one of the drivers died and, to mark that occasion, people put his number on their car. Can't swear to that though.

There's another new thing around here too. People put large lettering on their back windows that says "In Memory of so and so" and the person's birth and death dates. Going by the dates it's almost always someone in their 20s or under.

First I saw one. Then about a week later I saw another one. Then about a month later I saw a couple. Now I see one almost every day. You would think we live in Baghdad with so many people dying.

I Hope We Lose!
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

Fitz301 wrote:I see these number everywhere as well where I live. I assume they're the numbers of the favorite driver.
I think that these rednecks stick them on their cars just so they have an excuse to drive like shit, because I'm usually getting tailgated and then cut off by these losers.

Just more proof that sports fans are rude, pushy jackasses.

exactly :!:

I Hope We Lose!
Fitz301

Post by Fitz301 »

And those "In memory.." or the "Dale Earnhardt" get on my nerves too. That's guys been dead how long? Time to get over it!

sports rox1234

Re: What Does It Mean?

Post by sports rox1234 »

My dad has like four numbers on his trucks back window.There racecar numbers.I absolutely hate it.
Ray wrote:I notice pretty often now that pickup trucks have these number stickers in their back window. I'm not sure of the numbers but I think number 3 is a common one. And sometimes something like 24. And 9? And sometimes all of them. I'm not sure of the actual numbers --I might have them wrong.

What do the numbers mean? Are they the numbers of race cars?

A couple of days ago I saw a pickup truck with a sticker in the back window depicting a number 3 pissing on another number! What does THAT mean?

And why do these apparent NASCAR fans drive so damn slow?! You'd think that NASCAR fans would be driving fast but they don't. They are invariably just poking along holding up traffic. Probably with a beer between their knees.
I think the worst time to have a heart attack is when you are playing a game of charades...or a game of fake heart attack.
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

I wonder where you buy those things. Probably the same place you get those rebel flag license plates. :)

I Hope We Lose!
sports rox1234

Post by sports rox1234 »

yeah probably.I didn't make this one up but here is an acronym for nascar

Non
Athletic
Sport
Circling
Around
Rednecks
NASCAR is dumb!
Ray wrote:I wonder where you buy those things. Probably the same place you get those rebel flag license plates. :)
I think the worst time to have a heart attack is when you are playing a game of charades...or a game of fake heart attack.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

sports rox1234 wrote:yeah probably.I didn't make this one up but here is an acronym for nascar

Non
Athletic
Sport
Circling
Around
Rednecks
NASCAR is dumb!
Ray wrote:I wonder where you buy those things. Probably the same place you get those rebel flag license plates. :)
Hey! That was pretty good!

Sometimes you can come up with some really good ones! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

sports rox1234

Post by sports rox1234 »

I just don't understand how NASCAR is actually entertaining to some people.It's just a bunch of cars going around in circles woo how fun.NOT.
blackdog4444

Post by blackdog4444 »

Only small children find that entertaining. That's what those little Hot Wheels cars do when you put them on the track - but quite apparently many young children love how the little cars just circle around the track all by themselves really fast, though that's all they do...
sports rox1234

Post by sports rox1234 »

It is okay that little kids find cars going around in circles entertaining but when grown ups start to like it it is just disturbing :shock: nascar turns people into dumb rednecks and that is not good.
abitagirl

Post by abitagirl »

How long do those things last anyway? Hours? Who is interested in watching cars go around a track repeatedly for hours? I'd start getting bored after maybe two or three times around the track, kind of like an "is this all there is?" feeling.

I'm not even sure what the point is. I mean, do they score points for each lap around the track or something?
Yes, it really is JUST A GAME.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

I have to confess, that I use to enjoy watching demolition derbies where they would deliberately drive cars smashing into each other to see who can do the most damage.

Then one day, I saw two freight trains, each one pulling about 150 freight cars, collide head on, each one going 90 miles per hour!

Well, after seeing that, demolition derbies just didn't do anything for me anymore!

Having a football team introduced into a high school, it's like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

What football has been doing to our entire educational system is like watching a train wreck, and being helpless to do anything about it!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!