What Does It Mean?

Well, it attracts the same sort of I-live-through-the-accomplishments-of-others crowd so I guess it qualifies.
sports rox1234

Re: What Does It Mean?

Post by sports rox1234 »

abitagirl wrote:How long do those things last anyway? Hours? Who is interested in watching cars go around a track repeatedly for hours? I'd start getting bored after maybe two or three times around the track, kind of like an "is this all there is?" feeling.

I'm not even sure what the point is. I mean, do they score points for each lap around the track or something?
That is the exact same thing that I wonder when my dad watches it. I absolutely hate when he watches nascar it is so boring.And he actually finds it exciting when one car passes another one and gets closer to the leed.How is that exciting?
I think the worst time to have a heart attack is when you are playing a game of charades...or a game of fake heart attack.
blackdog4444

Post by blackdog4444 »

abitagirl wrote:How long do those things last anyway? Hours? Who is interested in watching cars go around a track repeatedly for hours? I'd start getting bored after maybe two or three times around the track, kind of like an "is this all there is?" feeling.

I'm not even sure what the point is. I mean, do they score points for each lap around the track or something?
I don't know, abitagirl, but I do know that it causes quite a commotion on the radio as bad as March Madness does on television. A normal person would find the loud "buzzing" sound of a car passing by constantly annoying, but apparently they tend to embody the very being of being pests if they're willing to encourage the pointless competition with those ghastly stickers.

And, yea I've seen video of a train wreck before, Fat Man. But before that I saw a huge and incorrectly set up firework go off - and it did more than look pretty. It left a 20 ft hole in the ground and 1 lb to 5 lb chunks of burning clay and what-not near scorched the poor crowd watching. Then even train wrecks didn't cut it...
SEAL76

Post by SEAL76 »

The numbers are their favorite NASCAR drivers car numbers. Some of them are placed on their windows to honor some NASCAR driver or other who died while racing. I think it is pretty stupid. Apparently NASCAR fans are as dumb as other pro sports fans. They will buy anything connected with their "sport".
The Imperialist

Post by The Imperialist »

Well, people like showing where their loyalty lies.