Yet another reason to avoid little league

Can't stand people who are willing to pay for the chance to applaud other people having fun? Welcome home, comrade!
Ray
Site Admin

Yet another reason to avoid little league

Post by Ray »

I read in our local paper recently about how ALL people who apply now for jobs working with children are undergoing increased scrutiny. Apparently people --even people who work for the government --have realized that if a guy has a part time job in the Disney store at the Mall and a full time job as a church youth group leader, chances are he is attracted to kids. And potentially a child molester. The same goes for little league. If a guy volunteers to coach little leaguers, he probably bears watching. I don't mean to sound too critical but men, in general, are not an altruistic lot --sure there are lots of us who do care about our community and want to give back but I suspect their numbers are relatively low.

I remember when I was a kid my mom enrolled me in little league. I hadn't asked to be enrolled --I didn't even know what it was --but I went along and showed up at the practices like a good boy. We had three coaches. One fat guy seemed to be in charge and organized things and the two other guys sort of hung around and said helpful things now and then. One of them wore a black cowboy hat and seemed pretty cool. The two idlers, who always kind of stayed together on the sidelines, told us that they had to show up at the little league practices as some sort of community service assigned by the court. They were supposed to be assistant coaches. I don't know what they did. Probably nothing serious but you never know.

So here is yet ANOTHER reason to avoid the little league experience. Not only is it not necessary for healthy growth, kids are also at risk of being exposed to predators or even court-assigned malcontents. So, mamas, don't let your boys grow up to be little leaguers!

http://www.wilmingtonstar.com/apps/pbcs ... SPORTS0701

http://www.themonitor.com/onset?id=1290 ... ticle.html

I Hope We Lose!
jockocaust

Post by jockocaust »

I agree. Boy aren't we a stupid society when he hand over our children to a big fat bellied, loudmouth, verbal abuser. Instead of screaming (not necessarily re: sports) at kids, you look them in the eye and let them know what they need to work on. You don't have to go "easy" on them. They WILL respond to that I have found. :idea:
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

jockocaust wrote:I agree. Boy aren't we a stupid society when he hand over our children to a big fat bellied, loudmouth, verbal abuser. Instead of screaming (not necessarily re: sports) at kids, you look them in the eye and let them know what they need to work on. You don't have to go "easy" on them. They WILL respond to that I have found. :idea:
of course! Kids aren't stupid. Yelling at kids doesn't help anyone except the sadist who wormed his slimy way into the coach position. See Two-Dog's letter posted today in the Letters section for a good example of a sadist coach.

I Hope We Lose!
SpeedofLeicht
Sports Bore

Post by SpeedofLeicht »

Ray wrote:
jockocaust wrote:I agree. Boy aren't we a stupid society when he hand over our children to a big fat bellied, loudmouth, verbal abuser. Instead of screaming (not necessarily re: sports) at kids, you look them in the eye and let them know what they need to work on. You don't have to go "easy" on them. They WILL respond to that I have found. :idea:
of course! Kids aren't stupid. Yelling at kids doesn't help anyone except the sadist who wormed his slimy way into the coach position. See Two-Dog's letter posted today in the Letters section for a good example of a sadist coach.

Have you seen a Little League Coach Scream at there player? :roll:
Check out my web site -maybe I'll give you a hero autograph!
http://www.SpeedofLeicht.com/

Do it! You know you want to! I drive cars, after all!
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

SpeedofLeicht wrote:
Ray wrote:

What? Yes, of course. That's what coaches do. They're assholes who found their niche bullying kids.
http://www.watchtower.org/e/20021208a/article_01.htm

I Hope We Lose!
SpeedofLeicht
Sports Bore

Post by SpeedofLeicht »

Ray wrote:
SpeedofLeicht wrote:
Ray wrote:

What? Yes, of course. That's what coaches do. They're assholes who found their niche bullying kids.
http://www.watchtower.org/e/20021208a/article_01.htm

Oh boy Im pretty sure shit like that happens all the time :roll:

BTW a the owner of a Kids Football league canceled the season canceled the season cause his son was gonna play on Offense for a couple of plays and not defense :lol: :roll:

Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

SpeedofLeicht wrote:
Oh boy Im pretty sure shit like that happens all the time :roll:

BTW a the owner of a Kids Football league canceled the season canceled the season cause his son was gonna play on Offense for a couple of plays and not defense :lol: :roll:
?Que? What does that mean?

I Hope We Lose!
Yo_Joe

Post by Yo_Joe »

So Speed, you must be one of Samdaman's gay friends? Intresting, I have just gotten rid of him, now its time for you to go as well!
I wish I could be like you guys!!!
Samdaman

Post by Samdaman »

Yo_joe, suk it
Ray
Site Admin

A New Low. EVERY Coach on the team has criminal records!

Post by Ray »

This surprised even me. I figured some coaches merited watching but holy COW! Every coach on this team has a serious criminal record!
The government doesn't check the backgrounds of prospective coaches and noone knew they had criminal records.

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/10/30/South ... coac.shtml

They were exposed when one of the kid's parents blew the whistle and now the team is retaliating against him. He's banned from football. Lucky kid.

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/11/02/South ... now_.shtml

I Hope We Lose!
Canadian_Hockey_Hater

Post by Canadian_Hockey_Hater »

omg why wouldn't they check that!? its your children for petes sake! if they are being coached by a criminal i think people and parents would like to know! thats sick...
Sports contribute nothing to society. They are a waste of time, money, effort and TV channels! It's just a bunch of buffed up, fat headed, idiotic jocks chasing a ball around.

If cheerleading were any easier... It would be called football!
Fitz301

Post by Fitz301 »

Oh no, it's all about WIN, WIN, WIN! Gotta play sports! Sports are everything why should I have to see if my child is safe first!

Fitz301 :twisted:
You might be a sports fan/jerk if...
You've ever started a sentence with "Buddy of mine..." or "I got a buddy..."
SpeedofLeicht
Sports Bore

Post by SpeedofLeicht »

Some PArents would rather have their kids get a College Scholarship (or a small Chance at), and A Traumatic Experience than have to pay for College and live a Normal Life :roll:

mikejones
Sports Bore

Re: Yet another reason to avoid little league

Post by mikejones »

this is the dumbest convo i've ever seen online. to totally generalize about an entire group of people, most of whom have dedicated their lived helping kids improve at something they love, is a deplorable attempt by a sad collection of misanthropes to make themselves less pathetic.

and for a bunch of physical activity hating losers, your grammar and spelling sucks. you guys are making nerds look bad
Fitz301

Re: Yet another reason to avoid little league

Post by Fitz301 »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Yeah dumbass, sports are REALLY changing the world... MY HERO! :roll: :roll:
You might be a sports fan/jerk if...
You've ever started a sentence with "Buddy of mine..." or "I got a buddy..."