It must be Unscheduled Preemption Season Again

Can't stand people who are willing to pay for the chance to applaud other people having fun? Welcome home, comrade!
Ray
Site Admin

It must be Unscheduled Preemption Season Again

Post by Ray »

I turned on the TV to get my daily dose of Judge Judy dishing it out to deadbeats but guess what --BASEBALL IS ON! Unscheduled, unannounced but apparently so important that it can preempt regularly scheduled programming without notice.

I just got off the phone with the cable company who claims it's the network's fault. So I e-mailed FOX and reminded them that if I wanted to watch sports, I would turn the channel to ESPN and asked that they stop preempting scheduled programming. If you want to give them your two cents, their e-mail address is askfox@fox.com.

I Hope We Lose!
Polite24
Sports Bore

Re: It must be Unscheduled Preemption Season Again

Post by Polite24 »

Fox gets much more money from showing baseball than Judge Judy.
Sergey

Post by Sergey »

Polite24 wrote:Fox gets much more money from showing baseball than Judge Judy.

The hell does it matter? Go to ESPN! Your games are not to be on my channels!
HULK SMASH SPORTS JOCK'S HEAD! OWWWW, HULK HURT HAND!

The Golden Rule: DO feed the troll!

Crappy school but better than sports related schools...

abitagirl

Post by abitagirl »

Must be basebore playoff time again. :roll: This happens to me every year about this time. Usually it's the news that gets preempted for me. I actually don't mind basebore season too much, since it hasn't preempted anything for years, at least for me, and there's no local professional team so the hype is relatively minimal (there is one minor-league team, but they are pretty easy to ignore). Until playoff and Bore Series time comes.

By the way, did you mean to post this in the BASKETBORE forum? :lol:
Yes, it really is JUST A GAME.
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

abitagirl wrote:Must be basebore playoff time again. :roll: This happens to me every year about this time. Usually it's the news that gets preempted for me. I actually don't mind basebore season too much, since it hasn't preempted anything for years, at least for me, and there's no local professional team so the hype is relatively minimal (there is one minor-league team, but they are pretty easy to ignore). Until playoff and Bore Series time comes.

By the way, did you mean to post this in the BASKETBORE forum? :lol:
oops. :) No --I meant to post under Baseball. Guess I didn't look closely enough.

I Hope We Lose!
Skul
Forum Admin

Post by Skul »

Problem fix'd. :)
Forum Rules

SportsSuck.org. Bringing you the truth... no matter how bad it hurts.

Love and Tolerance!
Polite24
Sports Bore

Post by Polite24 »

Sergey wrote:

They're not your channels. It matters because FOX is a business. The goal of a business is to make money. They get much more money from showing the MLB playoffs than Judge Judy.
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

I find that HARD to believe. Judge Judy is wildly popular --she's been extended into her 17th season! She's watched by 10 million people daily.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judge_Judy

Who wants to watch baseball? Hardly anybody. Here's proof:

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/ ... -1.1527219

"Fox averaged 1.8 percent of homes for its Saturday games, which according to the Sports Business Daily was the fifth consecutive year of decline and the lowest figure in its 14 seasons televising baseball."

If only 1.8% watches on Saturday, far fewer must watch it on a weekday at 4 PM. Fox, keep that crap off my channel!

I Hope We Lose!
blackdog4444

Post by blackdog4444 »

Polite24 wrote:
Sergey wrote:

They're not your channels. It matters because FOX is a business. The goal of a business is to make money. They get much more money from showing the MLB playoffs than Judge Judy.
lmao Sergey. You got the wittle obsessive going now and he's just gotta pick at that. :lol:
Wow, Polite, loosen up about the TV, it's just a freakin channel. :roll:
Polite24
Sports Bore

Post by Polite24 »

Ray wrote:I find that HARD to believe. Judge Judy is wildly popular --she's been extended into her 17th season! She's watched by 10 million people daily.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judge_Judy

Who wants to watch baseball? Hardly anybody. Here's proof:

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/ ... -1.1527219

"Fox averaged 1.8 percent of homes for its Saturday games, which according to the Sports Business Daily was the fifth consecutive year of decline and the lowest figure in its 14 seasons televising baseball."

If only 1.8% watches on Saturday, far fewer must watch it on a weekday at 4 PM. Fox, keep that crap off my channel!
Baseball ratings are down and interest isn't what it was, but it's still very popular. Things to consider

-Like I said in the other thread, baseball has 30 teams. There's only one Judge Judy. If someone has something to do, they're not going to stop for a 3 hour baseball game of a team they don't even like. Judge Judy is also only a half hour. A better way to find baseball's interest would be to look at baseball's local ratings and attendance in each city.

-People often get together to watch big baseball games. A bar, or a bunch of people at house. People don't get together to watch Judge Judy.

If you think Judge Judy is as popular as baseball you're off your rocker.
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

Polite24 wrote:
-People often get together to watch big baseball games. A bar, or a bunch of people at house. People don't get together to watch Judge Judy.

If you think Judge Judy is as popular as baseball you're off your rocker.
We get together at least once every two weeks to watch Judge Judy hand it to deadbeats!

I didn't say Judge Judy was as popular as baseball. I said she's MORE popular! And I can prove it. Judge Judy is on EVERY DAY. Do the math, Jughead.

I Hope We Lose!
Polite24
Sports Bore

Post by Polite24 »

Baseball's also on everyday buddy.

Baseball is covered on as many 5-6 channels a day. Fox, TBS, FSN, ESPN, ESPN2, and the MLB Network all cover baseball to some degree. Judge Judy gets it's half hour a day, maybe there's a couple reruns on a channel here or there sometimes, but baseball dwarfs it in popularity.

Don't be stupid about your hatred man, you're making yourself look dumb.
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

Baseball might be on a few channels and maybe even on daily but more people watch Judge Judy.

Therefore Judge Judy is more popular.

Sorry.

BTW, I thought you said sports were easily overlooked and not very prevalent in another thread. It sounds to me like we're being inundated with sports. What a tragic waste of bandwidth.

I Hope We Lose!
Polite24
Sports Bore

Post by Polite24 »

You're an idiot if you think Judge Judy is more popular than baseball.

I brought up valid arguments but you're by far the most close minded person on this board. Congrats buddy.
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

:? sorry --that's just the way it is. You have been brainwashed into thinking everybody likes sports. Maybe that's why you feel justified in pushing it in everybody's face --you think it's universally accepted and liked. Maybe you're really a nice guy with a serious delusion that makes you offensive to others without realizing it.

Although that seems like a long shot as we have told you repeatedly and you continue. But maybe you have a REALLY bad case. I dunno.

I Hope We Lose!