It must be Unscheduled Preemption Season Again

Can't stand people who are willing to pay for the chance to applaud other people having fun? Welcome home, comrade!
Sojin

Re: It must be Unscheduled Preemption Season Again

Post by Sojin »

I'm going to give my views on the "majority of people love sports" conundrum.

think for a moment about how many households watch the program and think about how many people are there at the games. Now ask yourself this if you believe most people love sports, why isn't each and every game crowded with the whole state's population, or at least even a small margin of that population fighting each other for space? Just think about it, so many people I know watch sports because they want to see people clobber each other, that in turn should arouse their own feelings of violence? Why isn't there a real opportunity to? Could it be, that maybe, just maybe, the majority of the world doesn't care about sports?

That could be pushing it, as I know some smart fans out there, but these people don't revolve their life around the chosen sport. Those that do are the majority of sports fans, and being the majority, you'd expect stupid riots to be an everyday thing, our world would be in utter chaos if sports were heralded as being the most popular thing in the world. Of course they get enough fans to fun the game and all, but think about our whole population vs the few at home and at the games.

Now I'm not saying sports are primal or total crap, what I'm saying is that there are many fans who think that sports are a way to give in to their primal urges, sadly some players are in the same league as these fans, but not a lot of them. It takes a pretty good mind to be able to plan out plays and carry them out, you're able to be totally into something and relentless and some even called "animals", but it takes a mind to be able to learn these things needed to play. Sad to say, some put their whole being into it and then you got...a pretty uneducated guy as far as other things go, lol

ok that was a tangent over there that didn't really have to do with the popularity of sports, but you get what I'm saying right? If not, then there is no way to help you see that Sports aren't the most popular thing in the world.

But as a bonus here's one more, this goes with what Ray was saying about "Brainwashing".

Example: Think of the swine flu...the regular flu has killed way more, yet there is such a huge hype about something that does in fact kill, but kills way less than many other diseases, yet it's shown on TV and sometimes takes priority just to tell people "OMG WE'RE OUT OF VACCINES THAT WILL PROBABLY KILL MORE PEOPLE THAN THE VIRUSSSSS!!!!!"

Sports are the same, swine flu isn't really a thing that affects everyone, but they are making it look like it does, and tries to force it on you, so you'll take their vaccines.

Don't want to say that sports are an easy way to draw in stupid people...but yeah, they are, even tho the sports themselves are not stupid, at least IMO.
I am not a man or a beast, I am just some being to light your way through the darkest of days.
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

That's interesting what you say about the Swine flu. I feel the same way. Something fishy is going on. I get the feeling that the news broadcasts about the swine flu are actually paid-for commercials.

But apparently a lot of people are falling for it.

I Hope We Lose!
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Ray wrote:That's interesting what you say about the Swine flu. I feel the same way. Something fishy is going on. I get the feeling that the news broadcasts about the swine flu are actually paid-for commercials.

But apparently a lot of people are falling for it.
I know this is off topic, but since we're discussing Swine Flu, I never take the flu sots when they come out every year, because the last time I took a shot was over 25 years ago, and the shot gave me flu-like symptoms. The injection site was sore and swollen and I felt feverish, and every muscle in my body ached. So now, I avoid the shots.

Right now I weigh about 400 pounds. Over 12 or 13 years ago, I once lost weight going down from 350 pounds to around 280 pounds. I did not feel any better, and I actually got sick more often.

But after gaining the weight back, plus more, because I always end up gaining back more than I had lost (the ol' Yo Yo Syndrome) I don't even catch common colds anymore.

It's been over 12 years since the last time I had a common cold, and over 25 years since the last time I had a flu. So, why should I take flu shots? They only make me sick! So I avoid them.

I do everything I'm NOT suppose to do!

I like my stakes rare, when we are advised to have them well done.

I eat my fried eggs sunny-side-up with soft yokes, when we are being advised to have them over-easy and cooked until the yokes are solid.

I eat soft-boiled eggs, when we are advised to have only hard-boiled eggs.

I even like to make a Cannibal Sandwich with raw beef or raw hamburger meat, and with a big slice of red onion, a slice of tomato and hot sauce, and I have never gotten sick from raw beef. It's delicious!

So, I do everything I'm NOT suppose to do!

I guess I must have a really strong immune system.

I get sick more often after losing weight, but when I gain the weight back, I don't get sick anymore.

Now, I have read somewhere that there is something about extra belly-fat that releases more anti-bodies into the bloodstream which could explain why, when my weight is up I don't get colds anymore.

Yeah, I know, it's kind of weird.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

Fat Man wrote:
But after gaining the weight back, plus more, because I always end up gaining back more than I had lost (the ol' Yo Yo Syndrome) I don't even catch common colds anymore.

It's been over 12 years since the last time I had a common cold, and over 25 years since the last time I had a flu. So, why should I take flu shots? They only make me sick! So I avoid them.

Now, I have read somewhere that there is something about extra belly-fat that releases more anti-bodies into the bloodstream which could explain why, when my weight is up I don't get colds anymore.

Yeah, I know, it's kind of weird.
That's very interesting. I'd never heard anything like that before. I wonder if there are similar cases of big people getting sick less often. I mean, I know medical science doesn't have all the answers and some of their advice is general that doesn't apply to everyone but this is something new to me.

I Hope We Lose!
Polite24
Sports Bore

Post by Polite24 »

Ray wrote::? sorry --that's just the way it is. You have been brainwashed into thinking everybody likes sports. Maybe that's why you feel justified in pushing it in everybody's face --you think it's universally accepted and liked. Maybe you're really a nice guy with a serious delusion that makes you offensive to others without realizing it.

Although that seems like a long shot as we have told you repeatedly and you continue. But maybe you have a REALLY bad case. I dunno.
I know there's plenty of people who don't follow sports. But Judge Judy isn't more popular, sorry dude.
Sojin

Post by Sojin »

"OMG WE'RE OUT OF VACCINES THAT WILL PROBABLY KILL MORE PEOPLE THAN THE VIRUSSSSS!!!!!" <<<< I said that for the exact same reason FatMan. I took a vaccine when I was still a child and the wound looked purple and then I got really sick, plus there are usually more cases where the vaccine actually kills more people than the virus.

No shots for me, only had the flu once in my life and only had a cold three times in my life, and I've been perfectly fine for a little over 5 years.
I am not a man or a beast, I am just some being to light your way through the darkest of days.
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3xgV11ZSAg

Flu shot side effect. Tragic story of a cheerleader.

I Hope We Lose!
blackdog4444

Post by blackdog4444 »

Too bad there isn't a vaccine for the jocko virus.
Symptoms of the jocko virus!:
1] Increasing stupidy
2] Obsessive urge to switch to ESPN even if the majority vote says 'NO GTFO"
3] Enlargening beer gut
4] Lack of basic human manners/hygiene
5] Promoting of annoying the hell outta anyone that's smarter than them [aka NERDS]
6]....
Blah, blah, blah... bleh... eww... jock just galloped by on T.V. - smelled like parmesan cheese. :x
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

blackdog4444 wrote:Too bad there isn't a vaccine for the jocko virus.
1] Increasing stupidy
3] Enlargening beer gut
5] Promoting of annoying the hell outta anyone that's smarter than them [aka NERDS]
6]....
Blah, blah, blah... bleh... eww... jock just galloped by on T.V. - smelled like parmesan cheese. :x
7] a strong desire for same-sex bonding with co-players
8] a need to search out father figures (ie coach)
9] general lack of strength or will when alone

I Hope We Lose!
abitagirl

Post by abitagirl »

Ray wrote:
blackdog4444 wrote:Too bad there isn't a vaccine for the jocko virus.
1] Increasing stupidy
3] Enlargening beer gut
6]....
7] a strong desire for same-sex bonding with co-players
8] a need to search out father figures (ie coach)
9] general lack of strength or will when alone

10] Weird noises or words that make no sense (such as "Woot!") emanating from mouth.
Yes, it really is JUST A GAME.
Skul
Forum Admin

Post by Skul »

11] Increased persistence and/or ability to troll when alone
12] Made up 99% statistic in favor of sports
Forum Rules

SportsSuck.org. Bringing you the truth... no matter how bad it hurts.

Love and Tolerance!
abitagirl

Post by abitagirl »

13] Urge to paint face in colors which frequently clash badly.
14] Yelling "FAGZ!" at anyone who does not suffer from the virus.
Yes, it really is JUST A GAME.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

[15] Incontinence, pissing in their pantaloons after hollering WOOT!
[16] Uncontrollable urges to commit violent acts, beating up on wife and kids or overturning cars and setting fires and breaking windows after favorite team loses the big game of the season.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Skul
Forum Admin

Post by Skul »

Fat Man wrote:[16] Uncontrollable urges to commit violent acts, beating up on wife and kids or overturning cars and setting fires and breaking windows after favorite team loses the big game of the season.
16a] ...or wins the big game of the season.
Forum Rules

SportsSuck.org. Bringing you the truth... no matter how bad it hurts.

Love and Tolerance!
blackdog4444

Post by blackdog4444 »

lol What other symptoms are there?!
17] Has the constant need to shove whatever they like down others' throats
18] Has the need to come on anti-sports forums, spam, and tell the haters off
19] Types in all capitals when arguing online about sports to seem more important
19a] Makes nothing but typos when typing in all caps when arguing