That Friggin Team Song

This forum is dedicated to expressing how much football and soccer suck!
Richo

That Friggin Team Song

Post by Richo »

I played a game of Aussie football this year in the mud. It was hailing and dangerously cold. I ended up kicking the winning goal which was a lot of fun. Then the siren went and all of a sudden my enthusiasm fades as I know of what is to come. The only thing I really want to do is go home and curl up in my bed playing X-Box with the heater on. But in reality I have to go into the change rooms, hug a bunch of people I don't even get along with that well and sing the same bloody tune every time we win. It goes something like this, for privacy reasons I'm changing the team name to "Milkshakes".

Milkshakes the team that you all want to follow.
We play to win HEY! We play it smart HEY!
We always play it tough and never stop until it's over.
We are the green HEY! The gold and blue HEY!
Side by side you know we're gonna stick together!
(some part I don't remember followed by)
Cause there aint no team like the Green, Gold and Blue.
I LOVE YOU BABY, AND IF IT'S QUITE ALRIGHT I NEED YOU BABY, THROUGH ALL THOSE LONELY NIGHTS SO LET ME LOVE YOU BAY-BEH LET ME LOVE YOUUUUUU

It's like some god awful hybrid of 1950s jazz and "We Will Rock You". And I'm supposed to look excited singing THAT, while some morons drench me with water as if it's going out of fashion. But it's an important thing to learn as a footy player. Why? We could all be singing it in harmony and actually hitting the notes and I fail to see how it improves our performance on the field. I'm not sure if many other footy codes have this tradition, but it is a very bad one and wastes valuable time in which I could be having a warm shower in.
"Life is too important to take seriously" - Oscar Wilde.
abitagirl

Re: That Friggin Team Song

Post by abitagirl »

Wow, that's...dumb. :P But then again, I imagine most team songs are.

At least that one doesn't sound like it was written by someone who dropped out of school in third grade (that one sounds like it was written by a 6th-grader, maybe). Take the New Orleans Saints chant ("WHO DAT SAY DEY GONNA BEAT DEM SAINTS?"). Really. :roll: I once had that thing blaring at me over and over when I was in a checkout line. I was never so happy to get out of there. Damn, that was annoying.
Yes, it really is JUST A GAME.
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

abitagirl wrote:Wow, that's...dumb. :P But then again, I imagine most team songs are.

At least that one doesn't sound like it was written by someone who dropped out of school in third grade (that one sounds like it was written by a 6th-grader, maybe). Take the New Orleans Saints chant ("WHO DAT SAY DEY GONNA BEAT DEM SAINTS?"). Really. :roll: I once had that thing blaring at me over and over when I was in a checkout line. I was never so happy to get out of there. Damn, that was annoying.
he he he --that's funny. WHO DAT SAY DEY GONNA BEET DEM SAINTS ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haha WHO DAT!

I Hope We Lose!
blackdog4444

Post by blackdog4444 »

I should write up a new team song for football teams nationwide.
OOOO I CAN DO THAT NOW!

My buttslaps bring all da boyz to da yawd. Damn right, they're better than yours. Damn right, they're better than yours. I could teach you but I have to charge.

Or...
Let's start a riot, a riot, let's start a riot [over nothing]. LET'S START A RIOT, A RIOT. LET'S START A RIOT! [BECAUSE OUR TEAM WON!]

Oh off topic = for some reason my WoW account got suspended until 3.21 Wednesday Cali time. It said I was "spamming" and "advertising"? :? What do I have to advertise?
abitagirl

Post by abitagirl »

Hmmm....

The Moron City Twats are da best...we throw da ball good...we run and kick good...we gonna beat da udder team...woot woot woot.... blah blah blah. :P
SPORTS ROCK.
Sports Bore

Post by SPORTS ROCK. »

OHNO YOUR WORLD OF WARCRAFT ACCOUNT WAS SUSPENDED FOR.... A FEW HOURS!!!! :cry: PLEASE DONT CRY! :cry: YOUR UPSETTING ME TOO! :cry: DONT GO BREAKIN MY HEART. :lol:

This is cracking me up. Really. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
abitagirl

Post by abitagirl »

SPORTS ROCK. wrote:OHNO YOUR WORLD OF WARCRAFT ACCOUNT WAS SUSPENDED FOR.... A FEW HOURS!!!! :cry: PLEASE DONT CRY! :cry: YOUR UPSETTING ME TOO! :cry: DONT GO BREAKIN MY HEART. :lol:

This is cracking me up. Really. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I could have this exact same reaction towards you when your favorite team loses and you act like you just lost a loved one. :roll:
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

exactly. this nut would be lost without sports.

For Blackdog or other game enthusiasts, it's just entertainment but for sp0rtsrock, it's a crutch. and he NEEDS it!

I Hope We Lose!
blackdog4444

Post by blackdog4444 »

Yea, sports boar.
You try living in a household full of noisy, filthy children. And add an asshole to that mix. You try keeping your patience and sanity in tact then.
greencom

Post by greencom »

Ray wrote:exactly. this nut would be lost without sports.

For Blackdog or other game enthusiasts, it's just entertainment but for sp0rtsrock, it's a crutch. and he NEEDS it!
It is quite pathetic isn't it?
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

yes, quite. But I'm too polite to point that out. :wink:

I Hope We Lose!