Countdown to Christmas

For non-sports-related posts. Because we really can't stand talking about sports!
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Re: Countdown to Christmas

Post by Fat Man »

"My son asked me what a Republican was. - To demonstrate:

I took half his toys and gave them to the rich neighbor's kids.
~(Unknown)
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

recovering_fan

Post by recovering_fan »

Fat Man wrote:
"My son asked me what a Republican was. - To demonstrate:

I took half his toys and gave them to the rich neighbor's kids.
~(Unknown)
Sounds more like a big-government fascist (who favours the rich). Most small-government Republicans are opposed to any kind of redistribution by the state.
Agent 47

Post by Agent 47 »

4 DAYS UNTIL CHRISTMAS!!! (or +/- 1 day depending on where you are, and whether you are counting to Christmas Day, or Christmas Eve!).

Well, here's a little Christmas joke for ya's...

Two sports fans walk into a bar, and the first sports fan says to the second one - "I hear Christmas falls on a Friday this year".

Then the second sports fan says to the first one - "Gee, it would be really bad luck if it fell on the 13th as well".

:mrgreen:
"We can’t find a healthy brain in an ex-football player."

http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/2873539.htm
Lewis

Post by Lewis »

My favourite Christmas song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjEIP6otc4Y
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Quotes About Santa

I was six. Mother took me to see him in a department store and he asked for my autograph. - Shirley Temple Black

Santa Claus has the right idea. Visit people once a year. - Victor Borge

I never believed in Santa Claus because I knew no white man would be coming into my neighborhood after dark. - Dick Gregory

Santa Claus wears a Red Suit, He must be a communist. And a beard and long hair, Must be a pacifist. What's in that pipe that he's smoking? - Arlo Guthrie

I played Santa Claus many times, and if you don't believe it, check out the divorce settlements awarded my wives. - Groucho Marx

Yeah! Merry fuckin' Xmas!!!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Lewis

Post by Lewis »

Merry Christmas Eve!
Skul
Forum Admin

Post by Skul »

Why has nobody posted in this thread, yet!? Son, I am disappoint...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Forum Rules

SportsSuck.org. Bringing you the truth... no matter how bad it hurts.

Love and Tolerance!
recovering_fan

Post by recovering_fan »

Merry Christmas. :lol:

Love is all around us.
Earl

Post by Earl »

Skul wrote:Why has nobody posted in this thread, yet!? Son, I am disappoint...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
I've been too busy celebrating Christmas with my family!
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

The Property Rights Newsletter
December 17-31, 2010 - Issue #596

"The stump of a pipe he held tight in his teeth,
And the smoke it encircled his head like a wreath."

Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the house,
not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
in hopes that St. Nicolas soon would be there.
When suddenly up on the roof, there a'rose such a clatter,
I jumped up from my bed, to see what was the matter.
I ran down the stairs, and what did I find?
a big fat elf smoke'n in my living room, ...must be out of his mind!!!
I yelled HEY! get out of here with that pipe,
You're stinkin' up my house, and that ain't just no hype!
I'll get the Lung Association, and Heart Association and ANR in your face,
I'll make a few calls, and even get Repace!
and I'll bet you didn't even pay taxes on the weed in that thing,
when the attorney general gets done with you, you'll end up in Sing Sing!
and the FAA says you can't smoke on your sleigh,
It's a regularly scheduled flight, even if it's for only one day.
and the law says you can't smoke, in your workshop at all,
the Dept. of Health will fine you, when I give em' a call.
So get out of here with that thing, and don't ever come back,
or ASH will rip it out of your mouth, and shove it up your crack!
Next year Tobacco-free Kids will deliver our gift,
you're banished from Christmas, do you get my drift?
and I heard him exclaim, as he rode out of sight,
Merry Christmas to all! 'cept the dork on my right!

I subscribe to many Newsletters on the Internet, political, civil rights, education, or scientific, all kinds of Newsletters, including Consumer Freedom and Property Rights.

I'm a Smoker's Rights Advocate. I have been a pipe smoker since I was only 19 years old and I also like cigars, but I never cared for cigarettes. I don't like them, because I prefer the pipe or cigars, and my favorite pipe tobacco is a nice sweet toasted or Black Cavendish. Smoking a pipe or cigars has never done me any harm, and its actually been therapeutic because it helps me to relax.

OK, when I go out I abide by all the no smoking rules in public places where such rules are posted. It use to be that restaurants and bars had the option to decide whether or not to allow smoking on there premises, but in recent years legislation has been passed to enforce mandatory no smoking rules, so now, restaurants and bars no longer have the option to decide for themselves. We're not allowed to make our own decisions or to think for ourselves anymore. The USA is becoming a Nanny State that wants to make all the decisions and do our thinking for us.

Of course, the Property Rights Newsletter keeps me up-dated in what's going on in other countries as well. In the UK for example: where mandatory no smoking rules have been passed, many pubs have gone out of business due to loss of customers.

No, I believe that it should be up to the owner of a restaurant, bar, or pub to decide whether or not to allow smoking.

It's bad enough not being allowed to smoke out in public, but it's going way too far when in some cities, you are not even allowed to smoke in your own car. Now, I have always believed that you're entitled to some measure of privacy in your own car. Some cities even have an ordinance against smoking outside in your own back yard, and some apartment complexes and condominiums have also gone no smoking, in effect, banning smoking even in the privacy of your own home.

Now, that's really going way too far.

Naturally, of course, many attempts at implementing such ordinances have been overthrown, because you really can't pass laws telling people what to do in the privacy of their own homes.

I live in public housing because I'm living on a low income, and when rumors were going around about plans to implement a no smoking rule, I asked the building manager about it, and she assured me that there were no plans for such a rule.

She said that, even if you don't own the home you're living in but are only renting, it's still your home, and you have the same rights (or should have) to privacy within you own unit. Of course, when you live in an apartment complex, there are rules against playing your TV or stereo too loud so as not to disturb your neighbors, and naturally, no smoking is allowed out in the hallways, or down in the lobby, or in the stairwells, or in the elevators. But you can smoke within the privacy of your own apartment unit or outdoors on the patio. These rules are quite reasonable, so I abide by these rules.

It's enough that they banned commercials on TV for tobacco products or advertisements on outdoor billboards, but now, there are some Granny Nannies who want to ban all movies and TV programs depicting people smoking.

Well, I remember back in the 1960s when the Flintstones cartoon first came out, and they advertised Winston cigarettes with Fred Flintstone flicking his primitive lighter twice and lighting up a cigarette and saying "Uh, Winston tastes good like a . . . (flick! flick!) . . . cigarette should" and of course, I did think, even at that young age, that it was inappropriate to have a cigarette commercial on a children's cartoon.

But other than that, well . . . . .

I remember an episode of the Jetsons when Spacely the boss gave his employee George Jetson a cigar, and lit it for him during a business deal. Then back in the 1980s they had clipped that scene out of the cartoon. Back in the 1990s in the newest Popeye cartoons, Popeye is now without his pipe.

Oh! But it gets even better!

Some of these self appointed Granny Nannies would like to ban a few episodes of Star Trek The Next Generation, because in one episode, the android, Data, is seen smoking a calabash pipe like Sherlock Holmes, and in another two-episode Star Trek where they traveled backwards in time to the 1800s, they met up with Mark Twain who is seen smoking a cigar.

Like . . . aw come on now!!! Give us a break!

Next, somebody will be wanting to ban one of my favorite episodes of The Outer Limits because there was a black lady who came from over a hundred years in the future and she smoked cigarettes, and then, they probably want to ban all the old classic movies, like the ones with Humphrey Bogart because he's often seen smoking cigarettes.

Gimme a fucking break!

People have also died because of the smoking bans. There have been cases where people have stepped outside for a smoke in an alley behind a restaurant or pub and have gotten mugged, and even a few incidents of violence where people smoking outside have been deliberately attacked by self-styled anti-smoking crusaders.

All of this in the name of health, and peoples lives have been ruined and even destroyed because of it.

Also, according to the latest scientific evidence, it turns out that all the claims about "second hand smoke" are bogus. It is actually no worse than the smoke one is exposed to during a barbecue or a wiener roast, and now, some self-appointed Granny Nannies have even passed city ordinances against cooking on an outdoor grill in your own back yard. No, we're suppose to eat everything boiled like hospital food.

Ah yes! To live in a clinically sterile environment with no flavors and aromas.

All this in the name of health, just like mandatory PE in our schools for physical fitness, and we all know what a failure that was!

Well, anyway . . . . .

As I have said before, I have been smoking a pipe since I was only 19 years and it have never done me any harm.

But all the things that had been done to me in the past, in the name of health and physical fitness has done me far more harm than smoking a pipe or even being fat.

It certainly hasn't been good for my mental health!

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Earl wrote:
Skul wrote:Why has nobody posted in this thread, yet!? Son, I am disappoint...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
I've been too busy celebrating Christmas with my family!
As was I. Now there's a shock - me actually being with other people on a special day and not just hanging round on my own like I did on my birthday! But then again, I suppose Christmas is better for uniting people then June 5...

Of course, when I say "my family", I mean my parents and other relatives and friends of theirs rather than a family which I myself have brought to the earth. But still, there's nothing wrong with that. A 29 year old bloke hanging round with his mum and dad at Christmas... (they're still disappointed that I haven't got myself a partner yet. Are they not going to accept the truth at all?...)

I hope you all had a very enjoyable Christmas and I hope the New Year shall be equally fulfilling for you all as well.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
Skul
Forum Admin

Post by Skul »

Fat Man, I'd really appreciate it if you'd stop posting that shit. Don't like Christmas? Fine. Stop trying to bring everybody's mood down.

Sit and listen to this on repeat, instead: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf_dQnhXRPI
Forum Rules

SportsSuck.org. Bringing you the truth... no matter how bad it hurts.

Love and Tolerance!
Earl

Post by Earl »

Thanks for saying that, Skul. My sentiments exactly. (I'm simply respecting other people's feelings.)
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Sorry folks!

Sometime I like to get political.

I guess you can say, I'm just a political animal.