I hate sports facebook page

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
xray

I hate sports facebook page

Post by xray »

Can anyone make sense of why we are being harassed on the facebook page and why no one else here has spoken up?
i_like_1981

Re: I hate sports facebook page

Post by i_like_1981 »

Well xray, it's quite obvious to see why a group on Facebook called "I hate sports" may be receiving a bit of unwelcome attention. Social networking sites like Facebook tend to be dominated by the social elite who have hordes of friends, and this so-called "social elite" tend to be sports fanatics who play competitively and live for sports. Not saying all popular people are like that but more often in today's world, a person's social worthiness is judged by their ability to always appear strong and tough, which can be easily shown through rough contact sports like American football, and over here, rugby. So yes, with plenty of popular sports fans likely to have Facebook profiles, they won't take too kindly to a group slandering those activities they love to do the most and the more extreme sports fans are going to get the word out on that page and use their popularity to cause harm to it. You may even receive a visit from our old troll friend Samdaman who more than likely has a Facebook where he rants about how much sports rock and how fucking awesome he thinks he is. Facebook is an ideal place for the sports fans to boast the things they love and show off their true popularity so that I Hate Sports page is likely to come under intense fire. I can guarantee it. Furthermore, in contrast with what I have just said, sports haters do not tend to have the immense popularity and over-confidence of the sports fans and are therefore less likely to have an egoistic, comment-loaded Facebook of their own or a profile on any other social networking site. Of course some do but not as many. And the sports haters may not wish to have their profiles put up for observation and criticism by rabid sports fans who search for any opportunity to denounce them and "own" them (look at Samdaman's July 2007 guestbook comments when he brutally insulted and scrutinised the MySpace profile of one of our sports hating members). Perhaps they wish to keep quiet. I can understand why given how abusive and blind in their hatred the extreme sports fans can be. I have seen evidence of that numerous times on this site, mostly from the same person (Samdaman) but it proves that SOME sports fans do fit that stereotype and are NOT to be given anything they may take as bait towards bringing us down. So it comes as no shock to me that the I Hate Sports Facebook page is under fire - the sports fans are just eager for a way to display their domination and we know they like to do this. As someone who does not have a Facebook and has no intention of making one, I will not be able to help, but I'm sure there are people on here who will have one and can help you fight off the barrage of trolls. Good luck with this battle between brain and brawn. You might need it.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.