Aw CRAP!

This forum is dedicated to expressing how much football and soccer suck!
abitagirl

Aw CRAP!

Post by abitagirl »

The impossible has actually happened. "My team" (the Saints) made it into the Super Bowel. This totally sucks. I have been sick and tired of hearing about the damn Saints for weeks, maybe months. I am sick of that team being shoved down my throat nonstop. Seriously, people down here WILL NOT SHUT UP about the team. If they had lost, it would have ended it, or at least toned it down big time. But since they won, now this crap is going to go on indefinitely, especially if they win the stupid Super Bore. I don't know how I'm going to deal with it. I really just want this crap to stop so people will talk about other things for a change.

Sorry for being such a complainer, but I had to vent a bit.
Yes, it really is JUST A GAME.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Re: Aw CRAP!

Post by Fat Man »

abitagirl wrote:The impossible has actually happened. "My team" (the Saints) made it into the Super Bowel. This totally sucks. I have been sick and tired of hearing about the damn Saints for weeks, maybe months. I am sick of that team being shoved down my throat nonstop. Seriously, people down here WILL NOT SHUT UP about the team. If they had lost, it would have ended it, or at least toned it down big time. But since they won, now this crap is going to go on indefinitely, especially if they win the stupid Super Bore. I don't know how I'm going to deal with it. I really just want this crap to stop so people will talk about other things for a change.

You have every right to complain.

It's especially bad during Stupor Bore Sunday.

Here in El Paso Texas, the team is the UTEP Minors.

Notice how I say "the team" and NOT "my team" or "our team" because that would be like saying "my garbage" or "my trash" so I say, I'm throwing out "the trash".

Of course when people ask me what team comes from El Paso, I say, "the team" is the UTEP Minors, then I get the usual response "I see, you don't live in El Paso otherwise you would say 'our team' or 'my team' is the Minors".

And my response is "yes, I live in El Paso, but no, they are not 'my team' because I disown them since they're nothing but trash, so I say 'the team' instead!"

Or else I'll say that here in El Paso we have some walking dung-heaps who call themselves the UTEP Minors!

I hate January, and February is no picnic either.

February is the Monday of months!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Earl

Post by Earl »

... no use majoring in Minors. :roll: :lol:
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Earl wrote:... no use majoring in Minors. :roll: :lol:
That was 2/3 of a PUN!

PU!!!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Earl

Post by Earl »

Touche! (Now, that was a clever response! :lol: Mrs. Earl just loves this website's forum. :mrgreen: )
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

greencom

Post by greencom »

I live in Pennsylvania and work in Maryland so at work all I ever hear about is the Baltimore Ravens and the Pittsburgh Steelers because of all the PA transplants in Md. People go around dressed in NFL jerseys with "their" favorite player's number and name on it, what a bunch of children, I just try to keep my mouth shut and endure the lunacy.
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

abitagirl wrote:The impossible has actually happened. "My team" (the Saints) made it into the Super Bowel. This totally sucks. I have been sick and tired of hearing about the damn Saints for weeks, maybe months. I am sick of that team being shoved down my throat nonstop. Seriously, people down here WILL NOT SHUT UP about the team. If they had lost, it would have ended it, or at least toned it down big time. But since they won, now this crap is going to go on indefinitely, especially if they win the stupid Super Bore. I don't know how I'm going to deal with it. I really just want this crap to stop so people will talk about other things for a change.

Super Bowel. :lol:
Well soon it will be MY turn to bear the burden of sports mania. In June, the World Cup begins and as we all know, England are going to be in it. Therefore practically the entire population are going to raise the status of the national team to an almost-religious level and we'll have the sports logos painted up all over our food containers and shop windows! Whenever you flick on the TV there is bound to be some reference to the World Cup within 10 seconds of hitting the ON button! I hope your team lose the Super Bore. What is the Super Bore anyway? Is it football or baseball? I'm sure it's either one of those two. Call me naive, but I don't live in America and I ESPECIALLY don't pay much attention to the sports over there so you'll have to make me clear. But I'm 90% sure it's footbore we're talking about here.
Don't worry about being a complainer. You're more than welcome to here. But hell, don't do it on the able2know thread like I did because there are some seriously rigid personalities browsing that who can't even take a joke said by me! I'm now taking more heat on there because I made a statement saying how I'd want to hit some sports bores who get all the attractive girlfriends and that was quite clearly tongue-in-cheek! But no, they have to go and take it seriously and think I'm some violent character who spends his life waiting to unleash his anger. Sports fans eh... they bully us round yet it's a moral sin when we want to fight back and let them know what unfairness feels like. Oh, how I should be punished!

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
greencom

Post by greencom »

I went briefly to able2know and it really smelled bad, way too close to jocks, their stench crossed over from their forum into ours.
abitagirl

Post by abitagirl »

Fat Man wrote:Of course when people ask me what team comes from El Paso, I say, "the team" is the UTEP Minors, then I get the usual response "I see, you don't live in El Paso otherwise you would say 'our team' or 'my team' is the Minors".

That's, ummm...weird. I mean, who cares? They sound a little anal to me. :lol:

Last night, during the game, I went outside with the telescope to see if I could get a look at Mars through it. Unfortunately, any peace and tranquility I might have gotten was ruined by a really loud and annoying fan in a house nearby. I'm not sure which house it was, but the guy might as well have been standing next to me, he was so loud. I was so annoyed and distracted by his hooting and hollering that I didn't stay out there for long. I guess Mars will have to wait for another night.

I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. :roll: At least I don't live in the actual city. It's probably a lot worse there.
Yes, it really is JUST A GAME.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

greencom wrote:I went briefly to able2know and it really smelled bad, way too close to jocks, their stench crossed over from their forum into ours.
Football is ugly, repulsive, and smelly!

Look at the uniforms these monkey-boys wear!

The shoulder pads make their shoulders look twice as broad as their hips, and their arms look like they're bigger around than their legs! It make them look less human and more ape-like. They would look more human if they wore their helmets on their butts and walked up-side-down with their shoes on their hands and gloves on their feet!

Football is not only ugly, but . . . Oh! The smell!!!

You can smell a football locker room 10 miles away!
abitagirl wrote:Last night, during the game, I went outside with the telescope to see if I could get a look at Mars through it. Unfortunately, any peace and tranquility I might have gotten was ruined by a really loud and annoying fan in a house nearby. I'm not sure which house it was, but the guy might as well have been standing next to me, he was so loud. I was so annoyed and distracted by his hooting and hollering that I didn't stay out there for long. I guess Mars will have to wait for another night.

I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. :roll: At least I don't live in the actual city. It's probably a lot worse there.
I would love to be able to go out at night with a telescope, but the El Paso city lights glares up the sky so I would have to go several miles out into the surrounding deserts to get away from the glare.

But I don't have my own transportation.

AH! I love Astronomy. To go out into the cool night air, and the desert air smell so sweet especially at night, and the winter months are the best, because that is when you can see the Orion Nebula and the Pleiades Cluster. The winter constellations has always been my favorite. On cold nights, star images are more sharp and clear since there is less atmospheric turbulence on cold nights.

How can anybody love football?

Football is ugly, repulsive, and smells bad!!!

Astronomy is beautiful.

Earl

Post by Earl »

greencom wrote:I went briefly to able2know and it really smelled bad, way too close to jocks, their stench crossed over from their forum into ours.
Simply because you don't like jocks, at able2know (which should be renamed able2blather, since for the most part the members there are just spouting their opinions instead of actually giving useful information) Cycloptichorn (who really hates this website) would consider you, greencom, to be the moral equivalent of a Klansman or a Holocaust denier. I'm very considerate of individuals like Andy, but I don't favor putting an entire group of guys on a pedestal (instead of treating them as human beings). (Yes, I know, my first sentence is a run-on. :mrgreen: )

Earl

Post by Earl »

abitagirl wrote:Last night, during the game, I went outside with the telescope to see if I could get a look at Mars through it. Unfortunately, any peace and tranquility I might have gotten was ruined by a really loud and annoying fan in a house nearby. I'm not sure which house it was, but the guy might as well have been standing next to me, he was so loud. I was so annoyed and distracted by his hooting and hollering that I didn't stay out there for long. I guess Mars will have to wait for another night.
Perhaps the Martians will get him for disturbing the peace! :twisted: Watch the skies!

Earl

Post by Earl »

greencom wrote:I live in Pennsylvania and work in Maryland so at work all I ever hear about is the Baltimore Ravens and the Pittsburgh Steelers because of all the PA transplants in Md. People go around dressed in NFL jerseys with "their" favorite player's number and name on it, what a bunch of children, I just try to keep my mouth shut and endure the lunacy.
I wear my Houston Texans jersey every day.

Skul
Forum Admin

Post by Skul »

i_like_1981 wrote:Is it football or baseball? I'm sure it's either one of those two. Call me naive, but I don't live in America and I ESPECIALLY don't pay much attention to the sports over there so you'll have to make me clear. But I'm 90% sure it's footbore we're talking about here.
Well, it's in the footbore board, so take a wild guess. :P
Forum Rules

SportsSuck.org. Bringing you the truth... no matter how bad it hurts.

Love and Tolerance!
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Skul wrote:
i_like_1981 wrote:Is it football or baseball? I'm sure it's either one of those two. Call me naive, but I don't live in America and I ESPECIALLY don't pay much attention to the sports over there so you'll have to make me clear. But I'm 90% sure it's footbore we're talking about here.
Well, it's in the footbore board, so take a wild guess. :P
Oh yeah! Silly me! Honestly, how could I not have noticed that.
I must have thought this had been posted in the Sports Suck board. Perhaps this'll teach me to look at the board title before making daft mistakes like that and asking what sport a tournament is when it's quite clear to see!
What a fool I can be at times. Oh well, at least I didn't say it was definitely basebore. I was always tilting more towards the footbore side. Still, thanks for reminding me. 1981 can sometimes be a bit slow.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.