Teen stabs father over 'FIFA' argument

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Lewis

Teen stabs father over 'FIFA' argument

Post by Lewis »

An Italian teenager reportedly stabbed his father with a 40cm blade after the pair had an argument over a game of FIFA 2009.

The 16-year-old - known only as Mario - took a kitchen knife and inflicted a deep cut to the throat of Fabrizio R. after he switched off the television following the debate.

The disagreement was reportedly sparked when Mario rejected his father's tactical advice, Reuters reports.

The teen's 46-year-old mother Monica B told Il Corriere della Sera: "I saw Mario come back into the room, he seemed calm, he went to the sink and I noticed him washing a knife.

"Then my husband came into the room with a hand round his neck, dripping blood."

She added of the football game, a recent birthday gift: "Mario is obsessed. He's forever playing on his PlayStation, and we bought him FIFA 2009 because we didn't want him playing violent games."

Police said that Mario shut himself in the bedroom after the stabbing and did not try to resist his arrest by officers.
Website: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/odd/news/a1 ... ument.html
Earl

Re: Teen stabs father over 'FIFA' argument

Post by Earl »

... She added of the football game, a recent birthday gift: "Mario is obsessed. He's forever playing on his PlayStation, and we bought him FIFA 2009 because we didn't want him playing violent games (my italics)." ....
I guess that didn't do any good.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Skul
Forum Admin

Post by Skul »

Proof that violent video games don't make people kill. The kid was obviously disturbed anyway. To stab your own father over something as trivial as a little playing advice... I don't have words to express it...

Did it say whether the father died or not? :?
Forum Rules

SportsSuck.org. Bringing you the truth... no matter how bad it hurts.

Love and Tolerance!
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Skul wrote:Proof that violent video games don't make people kill. The kid was obviously disturbed anyway. To stab your own father over something as trivial as a little playing advice... I don't have words to express it...

Did it say whether the father died or not? :?
I hope not. It would be a real waste to see somebody's life go over a video game and I dread to think of how the kid would take it when the seriousness of what he has done fully sets in.

These sorts of stories depress me. Again, I don't have much to say that wouldn't sound completely predictable, but this is a sign of how dependent all of society are becoming on electronic media. I know this from personal experiences as I can hardly tear myself away from the computer.

One day, technology will become intelligent and perhaps use its newfound thinking to take advantage of the people that have become so utterly reliant on it. The machines will own us one day, instead of vice-versa, and I'll be one of the first to submit! If people are getting stabbed now for disagreements over a game of digital football then I dread to think what will happen when VR comes along and people start to lose their ability to differentiate between the real world and the electronic world!

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
natmanhan

Post by natmanhan »

Get him Metal Gear Solid. That will make him chill out. Or Super Mario Bros. Actually, he might just be better off playing something relaxing and cerebral like Sim City. That game is actually really fun.