Canceled evacuations of Haitians for upcoming SuperBowl

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Indurrago

Canceled evacuations of Haitians for upcoming SuperBowl

Post by Indurrago »

I don't know if someone already brought it but I was reading the letters for this year and found a letter by Joel with this link: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/ ... 9113.story
Interesting article I'm willing to bet there's more to this story than that's being said. I get the feeling that the "officials" don't want too many Haitians to distract them from their the most important day, "Holy Superball Day." "Yeah those poor Haitians.... but you can stop bringing more of them here until AFTER the Superbowl please?" :roll: Sigh..you think people who actually throw away their obsession for sports(and money) even for a short time to actually help people when given the chance. Also just so anyone knows only the top third of the page is actually about the evacuation and the Superbowl and yeah it lacks alot of information. Thanks for link Joel!
"We believe in Vader, the Darth almighty, destroyer of Alderaan and the Sith. We believe in Luke, his only son, our Jedi. He was concieved by the power of the Force, and born of the senator Padme. Suffered under Darth Sidius, electrocuted, survived and partied with Ewoks. He descended to the Death Star, on the third hour he flew out in an Imperial ship and landed on Endor. He is seated on the right hand of Obi-Wan's ghost. He will come again to train Leia to be a Jedi. We believe? in Yoda.........:D
abitagirl

Re: Canceled evacuations of Haitians for upcoming SuperBowl

Post by abitagirl »

Yeah, pretty much everything is less important than the Almighty Super Bore. Around here things are being cancelled or postponed right and left so everybody can scream at their TV for 3 or 4 hours. Bow down and worship, you sports-hating heathens! :roll:

You'd think they'd have limits SOMEWHERE, but apparently not. I am despising that damn GAME more and more.
Yes, it really is JUST A GAME.
natmanhan

Re: Canceled evacuations of Haitians for upcoming SuperBowl

Post by natmanhan »

I don't despise the game. I despise the idiots who kiss its feet. It's just a damn game people! No different from Sim City, Mario, D&D, golf, baseball or tennis.