FOR HEALTH AND PHYSICAL FITNESS PLAY FOOTBALL! YEAH RIGHT!

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

FOR HEALTH AND PHYSICAL FITNESS PLAY FOOTBALL! YEAH RIGHT!

Post by Fat Man »

Well, here lately, during the recent invasions of the whack-pack sports bores, some of them had criticized me for being too fat.

Ah yes! There is nothing like playing football for health and physical fitness.

Here are some perfect examples of how playing football promotes health and fitness.

Another fine example in the next photo below.

I agree! To promote health and physical fitness we must get more young people to join a sports team.

You have just seen two perfect examples of health and fitness promoted by sports.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Ray
Site Admin

Re: FOR HEALTH AND PHYSICAL FITNESS PLAY FOOTBALL! YEAH RIGHT!

Post by Ray »

oh, those jackasses are just repeating what they hear on TV. Just like a sports fan would. Of course, being fat is not our goal --it's a condition --one that I luckily escaped because of my genes. I'm a natural-born string bean. :)

I hope you don't let those boors get to you. They are about as stupid as a doorstop. I think it takes guts to be so open about one's person. I wish I had more of that trait.

I Hope We Lose!
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Ray wrote:oh, those jackasses are just repeating what they hear on TV. Just like a sports fan would. Of course, being fat is not our goal --it's a condition --one that I luckily escaped because of my genes. I'm a natural-born string bean. :)

I hope you don't let those boors get to you. They are about as stupid as a doorstop. I think it takes guts to be so open about one's person. I wish I had more of that trait.
Thank you very much Ray.

Actually, a doorstop is much smarter than a jock or a sports fan.

At least a doorstop serves a purpose. It holds a door open.

A rude inconsiderate jock or sports fan wouldn't hold a door open for his own grandmother, and would probably slam it shut on her foot!

It would be more appropriate to say that a jock or sports fan is as dumb as a stump!

An old stump serves no purpose, it gets in the way, and has to be uprooted and taken away and disposed of before anything can be done.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Hank

Post by Hank »

The thought that some people go so far as to call themselves athletes and look like that is almost beyond belief. And the nerve to criticize someone who doesn't devote their life to sports: makes me RAGE hard. Here's something I came across:

This is not counting the HOURS of beer and truck commercials these people sit through to watch a football game. And I've always hated the name. Notice only 0.2% is showing a kicker: THE ONLY PERSON THAT USES HIS "FOOT". It's not even shaped like a ball. More like an EGG. It should be called handegg or commercial ball, am I right?

Don't want to leave out the other "football" either. All these "tough" soccer assholes think they're big and macho, but under the smallest bit of contact, the fools just dive on the grass acting like they're hurt and crying. Wow, that's manly. "Football"? More like divegrass if you ask me.
“Throughout life people will make you mad, disrespect you and treat you bad. Let God deal with the things they do, cause hate in your heart will consume you too.”
-Will Smith
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Yeah! I once saw an entire football game (God forgive me!) from start to finish, and all they did was mostly stand or walk around.

There would be about a couple of minutes of playtime, then the countdown clock stops for about 10 minutes, then they resume another 2 or 3 minutes of play time, then the countdown clock stops again for another 5 to 10 minutes.

Very boring.

Football actually has very little action.

HO HUM!!!

Most of the fast paced action with collisions and tackling are seen in video highlights to make the game look more exciting.

I once saw a video of two freight trains colliding head on at 90 miles per hour.

After seeing that, football doesn't do a thing for me.

It should be called Astro Turf Standing.

HO HUM!!!

Kevin_Boss

Post by Kevin_Boss »

Fat Man wrote:Well, here lately, during the recent invasions of the whack-pack sports bores, some of them had criticized me for being too fat.

Ah yes! There is nothing like playing football for health and physical fitness.

Here are some perfect examples of how playing football promotes health and fitness.

Another fine example in the next photo below.

I agree! To promote health and physical fitness we must get more young people to join a sports team.

You have just seen two perfect examples of health and fitness promoted by sports.

While i do dislike sports i find nothing wrong with playing some touch-football with some friends. I would want my children to get out there and play some friendly soccer/football/baseball (As long as it isnt Rough like Tackle Football) To promote Physical Activity but at the same time make sure they get the proper education. But i respect your opinion Fat Man (Is it ok if i call you that? :P )
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Kevin_Boss wrote:While i do dislike sports i find nothing wrong with playing some touch-football with some friends. I would want my children to get out there and play some friendly soccer/football/baseball (As long as it isnt Rough like Tackle Football) To promote Physical Activity but at the same time make sure they get the proper education. But i respect your opinion Fat Man (Is it ok if i call you that? :P )
Yes, you may call me Fat Man, because that is the name I have chosen.

I like the name. It sort of has pizazz!

I'm 5 feet 6 inches tall and weigh about 400 pounds. The picture in my avatar was taken back in April 2007 when I only weighed 370 pounds.

I AM FAT MAN!

I AM DA BOMB!!!

YYYEEEEEEEHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Yes, there really is nothing wrong with a friendly little game, as long as people remember that's it's only a game.

Of course, when I was a kid, I liked swimming and riding my bicycle.

So there are some fun ways to get some exercise.

Kevin_Boss

Post by Kevin_Boss »

Fat Man wrote:
Kevin_Boss wrote:While i do dislike sports i find nothing wrong with playing some touch-football with some friends. I would want my children to get out there and play some friendly soccer/football/baseball (As long as it isnt Rough like Tackle Football) To promote Physical Activity but at the same time make sure they get the proper education. But i respect your opinion Fat Man (Is it ok if i call you that? :P )
Yes, you may call me Fat Man, because that is the name I have chosen.

I like the name. It sort of has pizazz!

I'm 5 feet 6 inches tall and weigh about 400 pounds. The picture in my avatar was taken back in April 2007 when I only weighed 370 pounds.

I AM FAT MAN!

I AM DA BOMB!!!

YYYEEEEEEEHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Yes, there really is nothing wrong with a friendly little game, as long as people remember that's it's only a game.

Of course, when I was a kid, I liked swimming and riding my bicycle.

So there are some fun ways to get some exercise.
:lol: i love those pics you have good photoshop skills

Also i enjoy Riding Bicycles and swimming its just those competitive Boneheads who think they are superior to everyone that make me mad.
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

The first picture reminds me a bit of Gomer Pyle off Full Metal Jacket. :D
I love that film. Watched it a few weeks back... masterpiece from Stanley Kubrick. Although I have to admit, I never really was a major follower of his films. Perhaps I should see a few more. There's plenty of time to do so.
Yeah, for people who love playing sports and being aggressive knowing that it's acceptable to let it out in this lesson... it's great news!
But what about those who hate sports and would much rather be excelling in academia than wasting their time doing something they know they're never going to take further in life when school is done? The way I see it, sports-centred PE should be made optional for all students.
I wouldn't say ban PE completely or make it optional for all as that would worsen people's health which is a major concern in today's society. People are apparently getting too fat and spending too much time on the computer and in front of the TV instead of being outside... yeah, two of those three apply to me but I'm definitely not fat even with all the food I eat. I currently weigh about 170 pounds, and that ain't much for a 28-year-old man. But by no means am I healthy. I am lazy.
If people wish to play sports, that is fine. But it should not be forced on those who have no interest. They should be allowed to develop their fitness in other ways such as gym exercise where they do not have to feel threatened by the bigger and more aggressive students. I wish I could have had this option when I was at school. Sadly in central London things weren't exactly a dream world. Having balls thrown at me not as part of the game but to cause me harm and humiliation was a regular routine and did it make me physically fit and "toughen me up" in the end? No. If anything, all that wiped out any drive I may once have had to become physically fit. I hated PE because the school would not allow me to develop my physical ability in the way that would have suited me. And that holds true for many people.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

This says it all.

What good dose it do to have a strong body that is physically fit when there is no mind. Many athletes have a child's mind inside an adult body.

That is a dangerous combination, to be all muscle and no mind.

Without the mind, a big strong muscular body is like a charging bull or a run-away freight train, plowing mindlessly out of control.

I rest my case.

Earl

Post by Earl »

i_like_1981 wrote:The way I see it, sports-centred PE should be made optional for all students.
I wouldn't say ban PE completely or make it optional for all as that would worsen people's health which is a major concern in today's society. People are apparently getting too fat and spending too much time on the computer and in front of the TV instead of being outside... yeah, two of those three apply to me but I'm definitely not fat even with all the food I eat. I currently weigh about 170 pounds, and that ain't much for a 28-year-old man. But by no means am I healthy. I am lazy.
If people wish to play sports, that is fine. But it should not be forced on those who have no interest. They should be allowed to develop their fitness in other ways such as gym exercise where they do not have to feel threatened by the bigger and more aggressive students. I wish I could have had this option when I was at school. Sadly in central London things weren't exactly a dream world. Having balls thrown at me not as part of the game but to cause me harm and humiliation was a regular routine and did it make me physically fit and "toughen me up" in the end? No. If anything, all that wiped out any drive I may once have had to become physically fit. I hated PE because the school would not allow me to develop my physical ability in the way that would have suited me. And that holds true for many people.

Best regards,
i_like_1981
Not surprisingly, I agree with you wholeheartedly, i_like_1981. Thatâ??s exactly the way I felt when I was required to take mandatory sports-centered P.E., beginning when I was a 4th-grader through junior high. In recent years, though, educators in the United States have finally recognized that the sports-centered approach to P.E. has failed nonathletic students miserably. There now is a movement to reform P.E., a movement whose success is not necessarily assured at this point in time; but there is reason to be hopeful.

I donâ??t think youâ??re lazy. As a matter of fact, I think you could revive the drive you once had (when you were in school) to become physically fit. I seriously recommend that you start some kind of an exercise program. I think youâ??d really enjoy bodybuilding. In fact, I highly recommend it for you. Iâ??m serious. I think you and I have a lot in common. You could buy books on bodybuilding and study on your own, but Iâ??d highly recommend that you join a health club instead and work with a personal trainer. Working with a personal trainer would give you more order than you would have working by yourself. At least that has been my experience.

First of all, you would have to learn how to do all the exercises properly. This is extremely important. When I joined my health club, I knew nothing about weight training. Someone had to show me. I still take a clipboard with me to my workout sessions with my personal trainer in case I need to write something down that I might otherwise forget.

Bodybuilding involves more than just lifting weights. It has become a science. You say that even though you eat a lot of food, you havenâ??t become fat. You sound a lot like me. Your body no doubt burns a lot more calories in a given interval of time than the bodies of most people. That is why you havenâ??t experienced much of a weight gain over the years. You would need to end each day with a calorie surplus so your muscles would be able to repair themselves from the dayâ??s physical exertion and build themselves up. So, as part of your bodybuilding program, you would have to give consideration as to which foods you eat to be sure that your body takes in more calories (from food) than the number of calories your body burns up (through exercise and all the other physical activities of your body). The calorie surplus wouldnâ??t have to be large. I only had to have a calorie surplus of at least 150 calories. You also would be taking at least one protein supplement, vitamins, and other kinds of tablets. A personal trainer would be able to show you how to manage your diet so your bodybuilding program would be effective. By the way, getting enough sleep is also essential in a bodybuilding program.

In general, working with a personal trainer would help you to maintain the self-discipline that would be necessary for your success. You would need to remember that bodybuilding involves persistence, not competition with someone else. There is no competition. Youâ??re only improving yourself. In time you would actually look forward to your workouts, even when your trainer wears you out. But the feeling you will have is a good feeling. You would just have to remember that developing oneâ??s physique takes at least a few years, but you can do it.

What I want to really get across to you is the great difference between health clubs and mandatory
sports-centered P.E. Iâ??ve had the opportunity to work with three different trainers. My first trainer left the health club when he had been admitted to a law school at a university out of state. My second trainer had to quit because his father needed his help with the family business. The point Iâ??m trying to make is that Iâ??ve had experience working with physical trainers. All three of them respected me, even though I was a nonathlete who clearly was out of shape. All three of them have been really decent guys who appreciated me because I did what they told me to do and I worked hard. One of them even said he bragged about me to the other trainers. I say this not to boast about myself, but to point out to you that working with a personal trainer can be a wonderful experience for someone like yourself who had no interest in sports but would like to be physically fit. For me (with my lousy childhood background of pointless mandatory sports-centered P.E.) the health club experience has been downright therapeutic. Iâ??ve learned that I was not the inherently puny runt I thought I was when I was a kid.

And Iâ??ll tell you something else. No one at my health club, including other members, has ever hassled me. Thatâ??s because every member there is concerned with his own exercise program. Iâ??ve even had complete strangers nod towards me in a friendly manner. I never felt like I belonged in any of my P.E. classes, but I definitely feel like I belong at my health club. I consider myself to be a vindicated gym rat. There are no bullies in a good health club. Iâ??m not saying this is necessarily true of all health clubs. I really donâ??t know one way or the other. But I bet it is true of most of them. This is because health clubs are for nonathletes as well as athletes. In fact, at least half of the members I see at my health club are out of shape. The experience has been absolutely wonderful and psychologically therapeutic for me.

I wish you lived in my vicinity. If you did, Iâ??d give you a personal tour of my health club and help you find a personal trainer. But you should be able to find out if there are any health clubs near or not too far from your home. Iâ??m sure you could do some research or get a recommendation from someone. I donâ??t know how tight your budget is, but the expense would be well worth it. When I was your age, I wish someone had told me then what Iâ??m telling you now. You have a great opportunity to get into shape. I donâ??t think youâ??re lazy. I think you were horribly discouraged in a way that would embitter just about anyone. But the health club experience is totally different. As your good friend, I strongly urge you to go for it.

Best regards,
Earl
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

During my teenage years I found that the best exercise is doing something you enjoy doing, like riding a bicycle. Although I had a messed up left knee, and walked with a limp, I would still hike out into the desert and bring back some desert plants for my cactus garden.

So, I did get some exercise, doing things that I liked doing. Yes, I was fat, but I did try to find some ways to be active.

When I was 16, I weighed about 250 pounds, so I was almost a hundred pounds overweight.

One summer our family went on a camping trip to the Prescott National Forest in Arizona, but on the way, we stopped to see the Meteor Crater near Winslow Arizona.

My younger brother and I decided to hike down the slope of the crater to the center. There was a well marked nature trail that zigzagged down the slope. My younger brother was taller and rather thin, and his legs were much longer than mine so naturally he could walk much faster than I could, while I walked with a limp, and had to sit down on a rock every 5 to 10 minutes.

Well, my brother didn't want to hike all the way, so he turned around and went back while I hiked all the way to the center, then rested for about 15 minutes, and started hiking back.

I was surprised that my younger brother being much thinner and able to walk faster could not make it all the way with me to the center of the crater, while me, being about a hundred pounds overweight was able to hike all the way to the center of the crater, and back.

Recently, we talked about that trip, and I asked him why he could not make it as far as I could, and he explained that we was starting to feel dehydrated from the heat, and that because I was fat, my body could retain more water which placed me at a much lower risk for dehydration.

Well, I guess that make sense.

We fat people actually have a lower tolerance to heat and prefer cooler temperatures, yet at the same time we are less likely to get severely dehydrated from the heat, because fat retains more water.

I was also good at swimming. No, I could not swim as fast as my brother. I swam much slower, but I could swim a much longer distance than he could, and because I was fat I was able to withstand colder water temperatures.

In Prescott National Forest, the was a place called Slide Rock where people could swim. The water was cold, and my brother could not stand it, but I had no problem getting use to the water. I noticed that most of the people who were having fum playing around in the cool water were fat people like myself while most of the thin people sat around sunning themselves.

So, sometimes being fat does have it's advantages.

i_like_1981

Re: FOR HEALTH AND PHYSICAL FITNESS PLAY FOOTBALL! YEAH RIGH

Post by i_like_1981 »

Fat Man wrote:This says it all.

[Physical Fitness picture]
I like that picture, Fat Man.
Team sports do promote and encourage conformity. Not saying they make a person stupid necessarily, but they do discourage free, independent thought and insist you function depending on the actions of other people!
American football is probably the worst example. That's including the various blows to the head a football player can expect to receive, and as we'd all know, their effects on the mind are very damaging!
Earl wrote:[Earl's entire post]
Thank you very much for the helpful guidance, Earl. I know the board admins do not look kindly upon quoting entire posts but I did read the whole text and I thank you very much for taking such an interest in the health of a person you've never seen face-to-face.

I was at the local gym last night, as you may have guessed. I was once again mainly concentrating on my upper body strength; the guy at my office who goes there multiple times a week did not appear, though. So I was on my own. I managed to do some heavier lifts this time and I felt worked out after about an hour in the gym trying out the variety of machines they had on offer. I was consuming quite a lot of water though, I downed three full 500 ml bottles during my exercise.

However, after the whole experience I felt a stronger sense of self-confidence and achievement. I tried harder this week than previous weeks and now I feel it's starting to pay off for me. Having actually pushed myself further than usual that evening allowed me to enjoy a good night's sleep which felt earned.

So, I'll be back at the gym next week. Even if it'll never turn me into a big muscle man it'll improve my confidence and overall fitness. It's cheap, the people there are reasonably friendly and they have good machines on offer which you can set to suit your levels. Next time I might try out the leg-pressing machine. One machine I did like there was the rowing machine which too concentrates on upper body strength, especially the shoulders. I don't plan on starting a rowing career but it is an appropriate piece of apparatus for the areas I need to work on.

So, I'm glad I went. This whole gym deal is working out well.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
sparkle

Post by sparkle »

What became of Fat Man? He usually has something to say each day. So strange.
* I always had hopes of being a big star. But as you get older, you aim a little lower. Everybody wants to make an impression, some mark upon the world. Then you think, you've made a mark on the world if you just get through it, and a few people remember your name. Then you've left a mark. You don't have to bend the whole world. I think it's better to just enjoy it. Pay your dues, and just enjoy it. If you shoot an arrow and it goes real high, hooray for you.*
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

sparkle wrote:What became of Fat Man? He usually has something to say each day. So strange.
I'm around.

It's just that I have been under a lot of emotional stress, so for the past few days I've been relaxing.