FOR HEALTH AND PHYSICAL FITNESS PLAY FOOTBALL! YEAH RIGHT!

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
sparkle

Re: FOR HEALTH AND PHYSICAL FITNESS PLAY FOOTBALL! YEAH RIGH

Post by sparkle »

I am sad to hear that. But u are doing better! U got finances in order, right? :) Health ok?
* I always had hopes of being a big star. But as you get older, you aim a little lower. Everybody wants to make an impression, some mark upon the world. Then you think, you've made a mark on the world if you just get through it, and a few people remember your name. Then you've left a mark. You don't have to bend the whole world. I think it's better to just enjoy it. Pay your dues, and just enjoy it. If you shoot an arrow and it goes real high, hooray for you.*
Earl

Post by Earl »

i_like_1981, I'm absolutely delighted to hear that the local gym is turning out to be a good deal for you. This is great! Since you do seem to have a high metabolic rate, I highly recommend that you start using a protein supplement. You might want to inquire at your gym if there is any device available that would measure the number of calories your body burns in each of your workouts. In the United States, 24 Hour Fitness health club members may purchase an armband that does just that every 24 hours. A similar device might also be available in Great Britain. Of course, I would not know if one is available or not. I assume that food products sold in your country have nutrition facts displayed on the labels of their cans or wrappings, including the number of calories in each serving. That way, in order to find out if you have a calorie surplus or deficit, you could subtract the number of calories burned in a workout from the number of calories you consume in that 24-hour period. You probably would need a surplus of 150 calories at least (which isn't much, but does make a difference). Surely you can purchase literature at a local bookstore that would provide information about the sort of diet you should follow to help you with your bodybuilding program. I also take joint support tablets, a multivitamin, and calcium tablets, as directed. (Of course, I don't chug them like candy. :lol:) Please don't feel pressured to progress rapidly. You're not in a race, and you're definitely not in competition with anyone else. Just be sure you do the exercises correctly. This is very important. If you don't do an exercise correctly, the targeted muscle or muscles will be cheated the full benefit of the exercise. Another reason you should purchase or check out books on bodybuilding. If you're having trouble doing an exercise, use a lower weight; and allow your muscles time to get used to that weight. And be patient. Please excuse me if I've repeated several comments in my last post of this topic. There are no shortcuts in bodybuilding. You will take several years to get the results you want. And be sure you get enough sleep, which is essential. Bodybuilding involves more than just lifting weights; it's a way of life. Again, congratulations!
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Thanks for taking an interest in this latest venture of mine, Earl. I feel it's going quite well so far; what I like most is the nice environment of the gym. Times have changed since compulsory school sports. There are no bullies or thugs wandering round looking for someone weak and unathletic who is likely to make a mistake with one of the machines and thus put themselves up for ridicule. No, here you can go at your own pace without fear of being criticised. I'm hardly the strongest guy who goes there but at least I am allowed to exercise in a way that I find emotionally relaxing yet physically challenging. That is the point of going there. To build up your strength but at the same time, feel safe. I wasn't planning on getting any energy supplements but I guess the protein one wouldn't be bad at assisting my high metabolic rate. I'll keep an eye out, but as I only intend to visit weekly until further notice, I won't invest too much in additional materials. But thank you very much for the assistance you offer. I feel I am actually gaining from this.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
Earl

Post by Earl »

*thumbs up* My pleasure. I'm very happy for you. It's awesome. I knew there just had to be a decent gym or health club in your vicinity. You don't need to be self-conscious at your gym. I'll be keeping in touch.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

sparkle

Post by sparkle »

Now u have to post pictures so we see results! :lol:
* I always had hopes of being a big star. But as you get older, you aim a little lower. Everybody wants to make an impression, some mark upon the world. Then you think, you've made a mark on the world if you just get through it, and a few people remember your name. Then you've left a mark. You don't have to bend the whole world. I think it's better to just enjoy it. Pay your dues, and just enjoy it. If you shoot an arrow and it goes real high, hooray for you.*
SPORTS ROCK.
Sports Bore

Post by SPORTS ROCK. »

sparkle wrote:Now u have to post pictures so we see results! :lol:
Surely u can do better than that :lol:. computer nerds workin out? wotever next.
Earl

Post by Earl »

Sure, why not? Are you saying that brains and brawn don't mix and that the negative stereotype of the dumb jock is true? Surely not. :mrgreen: (Seriously, stereotypes were made to be broken.) Besides, weren't you saying that "computer nerds" :lol: should be physically active instead of sedentary? i_like_1981 is only doing what you want him to do. :P :lol: 8)

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Earl wrote:Are you saying that brains and brawn don't mix and that the negative stereotype of the dumb jock is true? (Seriously, stereotypes were made to be broken.) Besides, weren't you saying that "computer nerds" :lol: should be physically active instead of sedentary?
Ha ha. I bet he didn't think about that, did he? He's just basically contradicted himself. He tells us to get out of the house and "play da sportz u fag" and now he's saying that intellectuals shouldn't bother going to the gym? Sports bores, eh. They really don't understand the meaning of the words "solid argument". People like this guy are governed by stereotypes.
sparkle wrote:Now u have to post pictures so we see results!

You shouldn't get your hopes up, sparkle. Particularly with me, because I do disappoint. :lol:

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Earl

Post by Earl »

Hi, i_like_1981. I hope you realize that one of the 4chan trolls might use your attached photo at their website. I'm glad that you have a sense of humor. Perhaps you will be able to attach an "After" photo later; but it will take time, as it would any other guy. Bodybuilding is a matter of persistence, not competitiveness. As the old cliche goes, Rome wasn't built in a day.

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Earl wrote:Hi, i_like_1981. I hope you realize that one of the 4chan trolls might use your attached photo at their website. I'm glad that you have a sense of humor. Perhaps you will be able to attach an "After" photo later; but it will take time, as it would any other guy. Bodybuilding is a matter of persistence, not competitiveness. As the old cliche goes, Rome wasn't built in a day.
That isn't really me. You know what I'm like. Not exactly proud in my real-life appearance! But it makes for a good bit of bait. I'm a bit of an expert when it comes to baiting. I'm a master at it. (Actually I think that pun's getting a bit worn out now. :lol: )

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Earl

Post by Earl »

Aw, I can't believe I fell for that. :oops: Sorry if I spoiled your joke. :mrgreen:

abitagirl

Post by abitagirl »

Is that Samdaman? :lol:
Yes, it really is JUST A GAME.
Earl

Post by Earl »

*Mrs. Earl guffaws.* :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (I wish Samdaman :x were here to read your response to i_like_1981's attached photo. Just think how he would react! :lol: :lol: :lol: ) No, I think it's one of the 4chan trolls. They do spend an awful lot of time on their computers. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

gregg

Post by gregg »

Fat Man wrote:Yeah! I once saw an entire football game (God forgive me!) from start to finish, and all they did was mostly stand or walk around.

There would be about a couple of minutes of playtime, then the countdown clock stops for about 10 minutes, then they resume another 2 or 3 minutes of play time, then the countdown clock stops again for another 5 to 10 minutes.

Very boring.

Football actually has very little action.

HO HUM!!!

Most of the fast paced action with collisions and tackling are seen in video highlights to make the game look more exciting.

I once saw a video of two freight trains colliding head on at 90 miles per hour.

After seeing that, football doesn't do a thing for me.

It should be called Astro Turf Standing.

HO HUM!!!

I agree, playing softball, just like that man, ohh God so boring!, maybe they tried their best to play softball so that they will lose their weight. :)
Earl

Post by Earl »

Greetings, gregg. I just clicked on the link in your signature. What a coincidence! I happen to be working with a personal trainer at my health club on a bodybuilding program. As you know perfectly well, he's been quite helpful in more ways than one. Well, actually, since I joined this local health club several years ago, I've worked with more than one trainer. Not all at the same time, of course. The first three stopped training clients at the health club for different reasons. That's beside the point. They all knew their stuff. I just wanted to say that I've enjoyed working with a trainer very much, and I feel a sense of vindication about the negative experience I had with mandatory sports-based P.E. when I was in school. As I've said just recently in this forum, I get more exercise in a single workout session with my personal trainer than I ever did in an entire year of traditional mandatory P.E. So, I tip my hat (figuratively speaking, of course, since I don't have one, except for a Russian fur hat that my dad once bought for me decades ago in the former Soviet Union) to physical trainers! And, by the way, welcome to the forum. :) Right now, though, I need to stop posting because it's time for me to get some sleep.